xXChristPeripheralXx

Nov 27, 2013
✟1,337.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Dang neurolinquistic programmers..

Got me all invovled in your antics lol..

hyper_donkey_zps973ac335.jpg

Periph, come back.. dont get caught up in their tom foolery.. lol

Upvote 0

parousia70

Livin' in yesterday's tomorrow
Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟798,254.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I cannot objectively say that is for sure..

Well, you do have a knack for speaking out of both sides of your mouth... Up is down, black is white...in is out, etc..

The goalposts and game rules are where and what you say they are until you decide to move and change them mid discussion to suit your ever changing positions..... mighty convenient. But our readers can see right through it.

Upvote 0

xXChristPeripheralXx

Nov 27, 2013
✟1,337.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Well, you do have a knack for speaking out of both sides of your mouth... Up is down, black is white...in it out, etc..

The goalposts and game rules are where and what you say they are until you decide to move and change them mid discussion to suit your ever changing positions..... mighty convenient. But our readers can see right through it.

It would seem that way.. You are simply trying to mix me up in your logic, sorry..

Funny how you guys still refuse to answer the questions..

I just love it.. LOVE IT..

You should read more carefully..

Upvote 0

parousia70

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟798,254.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It would seem that way.. You are simply trying to mix me up in your logic, sorry..

No trying to mix you up or persuade you of anything.

It's our readers I'm interested in. You are simply the latest vehicle God has brought me to assist me in my efforts to shed light to others.

I don't have an investment in changing your mind... I actually hope you don't change it, because you are far more beneficial to demonstrating the superiority of my position to everyone else here if you stick with yours they way you do.

Upvote 0

xXChristPeripheralXx

Nov 27, 2013
✟1,337.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
No trying to mix you up or persuade you of anything.

It's our readers I'm interested in. You are simply the latest vehicle God has brought me to assist me in my efforts to shed light to others.

I don't have an investment in changing your mind... I actually hope you don't change it, because you are far more beneficial to demonstrating the superiority of my position if you stick with yours they way you do.

Likewise, all of the 70ad fanboys, including yourself refuse to address Rev and make fallacious claims.

Youve even begun to imitate my post structure, which i find to be interesting, but I think it will help you develop the logic you are sorely missing, so keep at it, you are doing great!

When everyone here sees you run like a scared little girl from my questions, they see that you have nothing to back your claims..

So I will indeed, keep posting, and only pray you will do the same..

Upvote 0

parousia70

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟798,254.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I fear this 70 year, 2018 prediction will fall the way of Miller's wrong guess.

Nothing to "fear" here Randy.
Every Date setter since the end of the 1st century has one thing in common.
They have all been WRONG.

xXCP will be no different. He is cut from the same cloth as the rest of em.

Upvote 0

xXChristPeripheralXx

Nov 27, 2013
✟1,337.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Nothing to "fear" here Randy.
Every Date setter since the end of the 1st century has one thing in common.
They have all been WRONG.

xXCP will be no different. He is cut from the same cloth as the rest of em.

Ah, the truth comes out.. Fear of the end..

No one here wants me to be more wrong than myself... So ive beat you to it.. lol

Upvote 0

parousia70

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟798,254.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Likewise, all of the 70ad fanboys, including yourself refuse to address Rev and make fallacious claims.

Well, you seem to be a newly minted 70AD fanboy yourself with your brand new "70AD fulfilled prophesy" claims....

But I digress..

I have addressed revelation by proving that your premise for your questions is false. Thats all I need to do.

In Contrast, You have FAILED to address the audience relevance of the Book itself, claiming it had NO MEANING OR APPLICATION to the people who first received it.

Our readers can see who's argument stands on sand and who's stands on a firm foundation.

Upvote 0

xXChristPeripheralXx

Nov 27, 2013
✟1,337.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Well, you seem to be a newly minted 70AD fanboy yourself with your brand new "70AD fulfilled prophesy" claims....

But I digress..

I have addressed revelation by proving that your premise for your questions is false. Thats all I need to do.

In Conterast, You have FAILED to address the audience relevance of the Book itself, claiming it had NO MEANING OR APPLICATION to teh people who first received it.

Our readers can see who's argument stands on sand and who's stands on a firm foundation.

Ah, Im blushing, can I play in your club?

No, actually, you and the rest of the preterist fanboy club have yet to address one of my questions..

Everyone has already seen that.. You can try, but you will fail, as Ive given you the challenge and you ran.

fast too, Ive never seen someone run from my questions so fast.. You should have ran the Boston Marathon..

Upvote 0

xXChristPeripheralXx

Nov 27, 2013
✟1,337.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married

But I digress..

In Contrast, You have FAILED to address the audience relevance of the Book itself, claiming it had NO MEANING OR APPLICATION to the people who first received it.

Here are all the questions preterists refuse to address with objective proof.
Show us the proof if you have it, I submit that you do not..

1. Revelation 9:15-16 prophesies a war that will kill one-third part of men… This has not yet happened in all of history. It must be future.

2. Revelation 11:1-2 says that Jerusalem will be trodden down of the Gentiles for 42 months prior to the Second Coming…This didn’t happen in 70 AD. The Romans simply destroyed Jerusalem. There was no occupation.

3. Revelation 11:3-12 describes the ministry of two witnesses that will prophesy during the 1,260 days of the great tribulation. They will then be killed and three and one-half days later rise from the dead… Nothing like this happened in 70 AD.

4. Revelation 13 describes a time when every person on earth will be required to have a number in order to buy or sell…This has never happened in all of history.

5. Revelation 13 prophesies the coming of the False Prophet who will pull down fire from heaven in the sight of men. He will deceive the world into following the Antichrist by means of those miracles that he has the power to do… Where is the account of this in history?

6. Revelation 16:12 states that the Euphrates River will be dried up to make way for the kings of the east to invade Israel at the Battle of Armageddon… The Euphrates did not dry up in 70 AD.

7. Revelation 20:1-6 teaches that Satan will be bound for 1,000 years at the time of the first resurrection… Preterism teaches that the first resurrection occurred in 70 AD. However, the 1,000-year binding of Satan has obviously not yet occurred.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

parousia70

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟798,254.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
No, actually, you and the rest of the preterist fanboy club have yet to address one of my questions..

IF you ever get around to asking a question that has a provable premise, I'll answer it.

till then I'll stick to demonstrating your forked tongue to our readers by simply comparing your words with your words:

COMPARE THIS:

No one here wants me to be more wrong than myself...

TO THIS:

Either way, next year is going to be fun.

:doh:

Upvote 0

xXChristPeripheralXx

Nov 27, 2013
✟1,337.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
IF you ever get around to asking a question that has a provable premise, I'll answer it.

till then I'll stick to demonstrating your forked tongue to our readers by simply comparing your words with your words:

COMPARE THIS:

TO THIS:

:doh:

Lol, outa your league old timer...

Answer the questions or keep running like forest gump..

Lose the braces bro...

Answer the questions like a man. Heck, they arent even questions, they are verses..

1. Revelation 9:15-16 prophesies a war that will kill one-third part of men… This has not yet happened in all of history. It must be future.

2. Revelation 11:1-2 says that Jerusalem will be trodden down of the Gentiles for 42 months prior to the Second Coming…This didn’t happen in 70 AD. The Romans simply destroyed Jerusalem. There was no occupation.

3. Revelation 11:3-12 describes the ministry of two witnesses that will prophesy during the 1,260 days of the great tribulation. They will then be killed and three and one-half days later rise from the dead… Nothing like this happened in 70 AD.

4. Revelation 13 describes a time when every person on earth will be required to have a number in order to buy or sell…This has never happened in all of history.

5. Revelation 13 prophesies the coming of the False Prophet who will pull down fire from heaven in the sight of men. He will deceive the world into following the Antichrist by means of those miracles that he has the power to do… Where is the account of this in history?

6. Revelation 16:12 states that the Euphrates River will be dried up to make way for the kings of the east to invade Israel at the Battle of Armageddon… The Euphrates did not dry up in 70 AD.

7. Revelation 20:1-6 teaches that Satan will be bound for 1,000 years at the time of the first resurrection… Preterism teaches that the first resurrection occurred in 70 AD. However, the 1,000-year binding of Satan has obviously not yet occurred.

Upvote 0

parousia70

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟798,254.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Here are all the questions preterists refuse to address with objective proof.
Show us the proof if you have it, I submit that you do not..

You must first Prove that the premise of these questions are correct.
So far you have offered NOTHING objective to do so.

In Contrast I have offered multiple scriptural precidents (that you have refused to address), that proves your premise is false.

Upvote 0

xXChristPeripheralXx

Nov 27, 2013
✟1,337.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
You must first Prove that the premise of these questions are correct.
So far you have offered NOTHING objective to do so.

In Contrast I have offered multiple scriptural precidents (that you have refused to address), that proves your premise is false.

No, I dont have a premise, I have verses I want you to prove you have evidence for, which I know you dont..

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

parousia70

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟798,254.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
No, I dont have a premise,

Yes you do. Your premise is that the verses you posted are to be understood in a wooden hyper-literalist fashion.

Scriptural precedent, in contrast, teaches that this language was given to be understood the way ALL previous apocalyptic language is given to be understood.

Scripture cements the events or Revelation to the First century so we must align our interpretation of the NATURE of the events to fit the Scripturally mandated timing of them, and not the other way around.

And that is the crux of our disagreement.

You believe we need to adjust the interpretation of the Timing of the events to suit the nature, while I hold that the interpretation of the nature needs to be adjusted to suit the timing.

Why such a difference causes so much bad blood between us as Christians is a mystery to me... it shouldn't, but for some reason me saying what I say causes you to get so hot under the collar you need to call me "satanic"...

it's kinda weird if you ask me, for I do not share your same need to vilify the person because of the position. I have never understood that about you guys. It must be fear based knee jerk reactionism. That's the only explanation I can come up with.

Rather, the siege of Jerusalem by the Romans lasted EXACTLY 42 Months, from Mid 66- AD70!

Gotta go make the donuts.... I'll check in later :)

Upvote 0

xXChristPeripheralXx

Nov 27, 2013
✟1,337.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Yes you do. Your premise is that the verses you posted are to be understood in a wooden hyper-literalist fashion.

Scriptural precedent, in contrast, teaches that this language was given to be understood the way ALL previous apocalyptic language is given to be understood.

Scripture cements the events or Revelation to the First century so we must align our interpretation of the NATURE of the events to fit the Scripturally mandated timing of them, and not the other way around.

And that is the crux of our disagreement.

You believe we need to adjust the interpretation of the Timing of the events to suit the nature, while I hold that the interpretation of the nature needs to be adjusted to suit the timing.

Why such a difference causes so much bad blood between us as Christians is a mystery to me... it shouldn't, but for some reason me saying what I say causes you to get so hot under the collar you need to call me "satanic"...

it's kinda weird if you ask me, for I do not share your same need to vilify the person because of the position. I have never understood that about you guys. It must be fear based knee jerk reactionism. That's the only explanation I can come up with.

Rather, the siege of Jerusalem by the Romans lasted EXACTLY 42 Months, from Mid 66- AD70!

Gotta go make the donuts.... I'll check in later :)

Thank you for addressing more than everyone else has at least attempted..

I suppose I just need some form of historical evidence to mull over.

If you have evidence, Id like to review it.. I dont care what you believe, I just need to know you have solid evidence that would at least lend to your theory.

I think we are getting somewhere..

Upvote 0

parousia70

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟798,254.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You might try this link:
Revelation 9: A Preterist Commentary--Who is Apollyon? | Revelation Revolution

Mind you I do not agree 100% with this guys rendering, but I do find it fascinating...The link takes you to his Chaper 9 commentary, but you can go forward or back to each chapter and veiw his historic paralels and evidences... it's pretty thorough... I just found it today... never seen it before myself so I havent had time to sift thru it all but it's clear he spent a long time researching.

Upvote 0

xXChristPeripheralXx

Nov 27, 2013
✟1,337.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
You might try this link:
Revelation 9: A Preterist Commentary--Who is Apollyon? | Revelation Revolution

Mind you I do not agree 100% with this guys rendering, but I do find it fascinating...The link takes you to his Chaper 9 commentary, but you can go forward or back to each chapter and veiw his historic paralels and evidences... it's pretty thorough... I just found it today... never seen it before myself so I havent had time to sift thru it all but it's clear he spent a long time researching.

I will check it out, thx

Upvote 0

parousia70

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟798,254.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status