Avid

A Pilgrim and a Sojourner...
Sep 21, 2013
✟13,263.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Or----Sons of God are those who follow God--daughters of men---women who do not follow God. The followers of God took heathen women, which eventually led to the wearing down of God's ways until it ended up that only 8 could be saved.
Could you explain how that would generate giants? How would these be men of renown?

Genesis 6
9 These are the generations of Noah: Noah was a just man and perfect in his generations, and Noah walked with God.

In what way was Noah Perfect in his Generations? The context of the verse is that this is how he had his lineage from Adam.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
And just how tall were Adam and Eve?? Been through this before---Even today, the Masai are very tall, often 7 ft and over, the pygmy, very short--4 ft--they are not genetic deviants, both are of a group of peoples. To the pygmy, the Masai are giants--both, however, are normal humans. The genetic code passed down from Adam and Eve was still in effect after the flood, probably at the tower of Bable , God confounded the languages and those that understood their own, went together..
God likes order, what makes anyone think that God didn't confound the languages according to already set differences--such as Adam and Eve probably had the genetic code for all the races in them, the colors and variances were already there, God simply separated them by similarities and gave those the same language, Over the years of remaining together, those differences became more pronounced. Like the Masai---there were some that were taller than others, but still human. It says there were giants--it doesn't say they were not human. Like Goliath was a giant, no implication he wasn't fully human.
Oh yah--it does say MEN of renown.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Noah walked with God, He was considered a Godly man--and so was Job
(Job 1:1) There was a man in the land of Uz, whose name was Job; and that man was perfect and upright, and one that feared God, and eschewed evil.
Just means compared with the rest, they stood out as being perfect and upright before God, following His ways.

Upvote 0

4x4toy

Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟116,025.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Could you explain how that would generate giants? How would these be men of renown?

Genesis 6
9 These are the generations of Noah: Noah was a just man and perfect in his generations, and Noah walked with God.

In what way was Noah Perfect in his Generations? The context of the verse is that this is how he had his lineage from Adam.

2 Peter 2:5 states Noah was a preacher of righteousness

To think there were giant humans would be easy considering there were giant animals even dragonflys with 2ft wingspans in the fossil records , and parts of giant skeletons too ..

Upvote 0

Avid

Sep 21, 2013
✟13,263.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
2 Peter 2:5 states Noah was a preacher of righteousness

To think there were giant humans would be easy considering there were giant animals even dragonflys with 2ft wingspans in the fossil records , and parts of giant skeletons too ..
How did that affect his generations? Why was he different as contrasted in these verses from other people?

Upvote 0

Avid

Sep 21, 2013
✟13,263.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
... Like Goliath was a giant, no implication he wasn't fully human...
How many people do you know of that have, or had, 6 fingers on each hand, and 6 toes on each foot? BTW, how tall was Goliath of Gath?

Further, why did David choose 5 smooth stones from the brook?

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
How did that affect his generations? Why was he different as contrasted in these verses from other people?

He was a righteous man, that is why he was saved, that is why he was chosen to build the boat and save his family. He was different spiritually, not given to violence like the world. Why the assumption that the difference meant something physical??

Upvote 0

4x4toy

Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟116,025.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Eve would become the mother of all the living through Noah , that would make his generations back to Adam and Eve perfect in regard to sons of God .... We all come from Adam and Eve , the nephillim were on Earth before and after the flood .. The generations are traced from the paternal line of Noah , Noah's wife his three daughter-in-laws were not that I know of ..

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
How many people do you know of that have, or had, 6 fingers on each hand, and 6 toes on each foot? BTW, how tall was Goliath of Gath?

Further, why did David choose 5 smooth stones from the brook?

Don't know of any--There are genetic traits passed on, traits that will get passed on in the family---esp if there is inbreeding. Which is why it came to be a no no--Extreme hairiness----is an inherited trait.

It wasn't just Goliath--
(2Sa 21:20) And there was yet a battle in Gath, where was a man of great stature, that had on every hand six fingers, and on every foot six toes, four and twenty in number; and he also was born to the giant.

(2Sa 21:16) And Ishbibenob, which was of the sons of the giant, the weight of whose spear weighed three hundred shekels of brass in weight, he being girded with a new sword, thought to have slain David.
(1Ch 20:4) And it came to pass after this, that there arose war at Gezer with the Philistines; at which time Sibbechai the Hushathite slew Sippai, that was of the children of the giant: and they were subdued.
(1Ch 20:6) And yet again there was war at Gath, where was a man of great stature, whose fingers and toes were four and twenty, six on each hand, and six on each foot: and he also was the son of the giant.

(Num 13:33) And there we saw the giants, the sons of Anak, which come of the giants: and we were in our own sight as grasshoppers, and so we were in their sight.
(Deu 2:20) (That also was accounted a land of giants: giants dwelt therein in old time; and the Ammonites call them Zamzummims;
(Deu 3:13) And the rest of Gilead, and all Bashan, being the kingdom of Og, gave I unto the half tribe of Manasseh; all the region of Argob, with all Bashan, which was called the land of giants.

(Jos 18:16) And the border came down to the end of the mountain that lieth before the valley of the son of Hinnom, and which is in the valley of the giants on the north, and descended to the valley of Hinnom, to the side of Jebusi on the south, and descended to Enrogel,
(Jos 17:15) And Joshua answered them, If thou be a great people, then get thee up to the wood country, and cut down for thyself there in the land of the Perizzites and of the giants, if mount Ephraim be too narrow for thee.

(1Sa 17:4) And there went out a champion out of the camp of the Philistines, named Goliath, of Gath, whose height was six cubits and a span.
a cubit is the length of the forearm, 17-21 inches, a span, the spread of the fingers, about a half a cubit.
Let's just say he was definitely over 9 feet.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Eve would become the mother of all the living through Noah , that would make his generations back to Adam and Eve perfect in regard to sons of God .... We all come from Adam and Eve , the nephillim were on Earth before and after the flood .. The generations are traced from the paternal line of Noah , Noah's wife his three daughter-in-laws were not that I know of ..

Eve became the mother of all the living through the fact she was the only woman God created and she had children through the only man God created and together they were fruitful and multiplied as God instructed, long before the flood.

(Gen 3:20) And Adam called his wife's name Eve; because she was the mother of all living.

Reactions: Avid
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

4x4toy

Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟116,025.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Eve became the mother of all the living through the fact she was the only woman God created and she had children through the only man God created and together they were fruitful and multiplied as God instructed, long before the flood.

(Gen 3:20) And Adam called his wife's name Eve; because she was the mother of all living.

So except for Eve , who were the daughters of men ?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Most emphatically. Just not the begotten son of God.

I used to know this girl, her mother was a real character, divorced from her scoundrel of a husband--whenever the daughter was good, she was HER daughter, definitely took after her. When she was bad, "you're just like your father."

Upvote 0

Avid

Sep 21, 2013
✟13,263.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
So except for Eve , who were the daughters of men ?
The daughters of those who did not follow God.
I am not sure where this is intended to take us. If we believe God created man and woman, called them Adam, and Adam, the first man, called his wife, Eve, then there are only people who came from their lineage. The attitude of their heart (or the attitude of their parents' hearts) is not directly affecting how many fingers they have! It does not affect how tall they get.

Too much is missing from the discussion to properly explain why Noah, because of his generations, was perfect, and all other people were to be destroyed. Noah's sons were acceptable because of Noah, who was perfect in his generations. Why were they okay, but none other? What does the phrase "perfect in his generations" mean, and how is it related to why he was different?

There should be scripture to back this, as it was the cause of all people on Earth, but this few, being killed in a flood that God brought upon the Earth.

Upvote 0

twin1954

Baptist by the Bible
Jun 12, 2011
✟86,544.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
I am not sure where this is intended to take us. If we believe God created man and woman, called them Adam, and Adam, the first man, called his wife, Eve, then there are only people who came from their lineage. The attitude of their heart (or the attitude of their parents' hearts) is not directly affecting how many fingers they have! It does not affect how tall they get.

Too much is missing from the discussion to properly explain why Noah, because of his generations, was perfect, and all other people were to be destroyed. Noah's sons were acceptable because of Noah, who was perfect in his generations. Why were they okay, but none other? What does the phrase "perfect in his generations" mean, and how is it related to why he was different?

There should be scripture to back this, as it was the cause of all people on Earth, but this few, being killed in a flood that God brought upon the Earth.
The answer is quite simple: Noah found grace in the in the eyes of the Lord. Gen 6:8

Noah's righteousness wasn't his by work but exactly as ours, by faith. He stood out in his generations by faith which shows itself in work. Noah's family was saved in that Noah was a type of Christ and He stood for them as they were in him. His sons and their wives were saved in order to continue the line of Christ through Shem and the line of condemnation through Ham as is later revealed.

Reactions: PrettyboyAndy
Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others

I do not take people anywhere. I state my opinion--those that see any value is up to them, those that think I'm full of hot air, are free to think so.

Of course we came inly from their lineage--and n0 other!! No added DNA from fallen angels!
And who said that anyone's spiritual condition is affecting their toes???!!! I certainly didn't! The question of why Noah was considered perfect before God and why he was saved and no others is another question being answered--separate from the toes! What does affect the toes,. or anything else, is the condition Of the genetic code that got passed down from Adam and Eve. Theirs was perfect--They passed down that genetic code to their offspring, which includes how tall, how many toes, color of eyes and skin (who says God did nit implant them with the genetic code to pass on many different skin colors?)--After the fall, then is when the imperfections could start. But that took a long time---the spiritual condition of Adam and Eve's children and grandchildren and so on is what led to their being wiped out, not how many toes or other physical imperfections they had. It is Noah's faith and obedience to God that soared him and his family, they followed God, their spiritual state was of one accord, they "walked with God"--the rest of the population is described

(Gen 6:5) And GOD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.

(Gen 6:6) And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart.

(Gen 6:7) And the LORD said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them.

(Gen 6:8) But Noah found grace in the eyes of the LORD.

(Gen 6:9) These are the generations of Noah: Noah was a just man and perfect in his generations, and Noah walked with God.

The giants that were on the earth were simply tall people that kept the tall genetic going--human genes. Just like the Masai are very tall --pygmies short---both totally human, different genetic codes.
Let's not confuse the spiritual with the physical.

Upvote 0

twin1954

Baptist by the Bible
Jun 12, 2011
✟86,544.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
I do not take people anywhere. I state my opinion--those that see any value is up to them, those that think I'm full of hot air, are free to think so.

Of course we came inly from their lineage--and n0 other!! No added DNA from fallen angels!
And who said that anyone's spiritual condition is affecting their toes???!!! I certainly didn't! The question of why Noah was considered perfect before God and why he was saved and no others is another question being answered--separate from the toes! What does affect the toes,. or anything else, is the condition Of the genetic code that got passed down from Adam and Eve. Theirs was perfect--They passed down that genetic code to their offspring, which includes how tall, how many toes, color of eyes and skin (who says God did nit implant them with the genetic code to pass on many different skin colors?)--After the fall, then is when the imperfections could start. But that took a long time---the spiritual condition of Adam and Eve's children and grandchildren and so on is what led to their being wiped out, not how many toes or other physical imperfections they had. It is Noah's faith and obedience to God that soared him and his family, they followed God, their spiritual state was of one accord, they "walked with God"--the rest of the population is described

(Gen 6:5) And GOD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.

(Gen 6:6) And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart.

(Gen 6:7) And the LORD said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them.

(Gen 6:8) But Noah found grace in the eyes of the LORD.

(Gen 6:9) These are the generations of Noah: Noah was a just man and perfect in his generations, and Noah walked with God.

The giants that were on the earth were simply tall people that kept the tall genetic going--human genes. Just like the Masai are very tall --pygmies short---both totally human, different genetic codes.
Let's not confuse the spiritual with the physical.
Why are you debating in the Baptist forum? You are not Baptist and therefore should follow the rules of only fellowship posts.

Upvote 0