justanobserver

Still Wondering...
Oct 26, 2005
✟17,559.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Am requesting prayer that Giod will open the right door for me to move. Without going into the details of how bad it is, where I am currently living is a very bad situation that is getting worse and worse.

I am limited on the how and where by income and unreliable transportation (car is on last leg and am trying to save what very little I have extra each month to get a newer one at the end of the year).

I was hoping I could last out at least one more year (wanted to go 2 yrs but thata impossible anymore) where I am at due to its all I can afford but without going into the details, I am about to put all in storage and live in my car. Its that bad and getting worse.

Am requesting that God will open a door, a way, a place that I can afford and be a better, safer enviroment than the situation/location where I am at. And that I can give my roomate at least a couple months notice to find some one else that would want to live in this enviroment I want out of.

This request is not for a discussion or personal views on what should or should not, could or could not - its a request for prayer.

thank you.

heron

Legend
Mar 24, 2005
✟33,756.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Lord, hear his prayers. You are our provider, our redeemer, the one who lifts us out of despair and gives new life. You have had your hand on justanobserver for so long... help him hear a clear direction, and set the works in motion.

I remember hearing an interview with a movie star, where she had lived out of her car while shooting a hit film, because it was her first break and she didn't have money from it yet. Things go below where our pride can handle, but God still gets us through it.

Have you thought about any of the jobs that require on-site residency? (Besides military.) They are few, but scattered across different occupation types.

Happy Resurrection Day --- may it mark new beginnings for you.

Upvote 0

justanobserver

Still Wondering...
Oct 26, 2005
✟17,559.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
thanks for the prayers so far. an hoping and trying to have faith that a door will open up elsewhere that will fit my financial/personal situation.

one sad thing is that I had to make a hard decision the other day not to have my younger sons come up and stay here a couple weeks this summer. it wouldnt be safe. and yes, its that bad.

but I do apreciate any and all prayers. thank you.

Upvote 0

Angeldove97

I trust in You
Supporter
Jan 6, 2004
Indiana
✟121,020.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Prayer4.gif

I'm going through a current situation very similar to yours with my boyfriend, Sean. It's hard, its scary, and without prayer we wouldn't have made through it. :hug:

Lord,
I pray for JAO's needs. Bring a situation into his life where he could have a safe place to live, where he could bring his sons to. Keep that car going Lord, that he can get to work and safely bad home. You know all of his needs, bless him with happiness and hope. In Jesus' sweet name, Amen.

Upvote 0

justanobserver

Still Wondering...
Oct 26, 2005
✟17,559.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Just bumping this back up - its gettin real bad. today I come home from work and find out my roomate has been in my room. kinda finding out this aint the first time....

its goes much deeper than that but its bad and getting worse. I am restricted on how much I can spend a month and this is a high cost area so kinda need God to help out.

Am running out of options...:(

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

justanobserver

Still Wondering...
Oct 26, 2005
✟17,559.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Oh no!

Remember that the law enforcement system was intended to protect you, even if this person is a friend, and certainly too close to jostle.

Noit too worried about jostling if my roomate was to get physically stupid with me. As far as law enforcment; in this town, they are next to worthless, more than once part of the problems and even city honchos suspect more than a few are being paid to look the other way concerning the drug dealers. I dont call the police anymore. It rea;;y is a waste of time. the last time I did was about a month and half ago, the officer was demeaning to me and embarassed me in front of the drug dealers. that wont happen again.

as far as my roomate - he is my step uncle - his brother married my mother years ago.

as I sit here right now and type this, the base from the next door neighbor's stereo (the crank dealer neighbors, not the heroin or pot dealer neighbors) is vibrating in my computer desk and I have to turn up the volume on the tv so I can hear it. thats how loud it is here right now. there is no city ordnance/laws on music. There is no city ordnance/laws on how late it can be played. there is no city ordnance/laws on loud njoice no matter what time of day or night.

due to my semi fixed income, I cannot afford over what I pay now, hence why I have to lower myself and put up with the conditions of where i am living. Then to top it off, my roomate hates my mother so much he cant do anything to her but I sure catch it instead! Most all my possessions outside the bedroom have disappeared. things I brought up to this town with me is gone or he has laid claim to it. The threat of being evicted when he is on good terms with his girlfriend (they are both early 60s) trying to get her to move in is a constant worry. he is best friends with the landlord so my chances of fairness regardless of what the law sais is nill. Plus I am a recovering alcoholic and the roomate is a heavy drinker.

I really need to relocate. But unfortunately, the high cost area I am in and my not so great financial status, I am so very limited on what and where and how I can go. This is why I need Him to some of that miracle stuff - open a door or someplace or something. if nothing else, at least then show me where I can sleep safely in my car at night.

Hence the reason for my request for prayer that God will show mercy, forgive me of whatever evil I had done in my past so penance or whatever is paid and He would finally open a door to someplace else for me to live.

I have asked God a hundred times if there is something I have done so wrong that I need to keep staying in a rapidly deteriorating situation and that he would show me what it is that I have done so wrong that I can get Him to clear me of it an I am done being punished. :sigh:

Upvote 0

heron

Legend
Mar 24, 2005
✟33,756.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
the officer was demeaning to me and embarassed me in front of the drug dealers.
:doh: ...And people wonder why shootings are so often associated with drug connections.

What a set of complications. I hope we didn't push you to the point of revealing more than you wanted to.

forgive me of whatever evil I had done in my past so penance or whatever is paid
I believe that God allows natural consequences, and prefers compensation of people who were harmed, but other than that, He does not tell us we need to pay our dues.

If you stand on what He says, as His view of things, then the fact is that you already have been forgiven. It might not seem that way! But the agreement was made, and He will stick to it.

Mt 26:28 -For this is My blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for forgiveness of sins.
Sometimes we still have issues we should resolve with people. Clearly you already have penance, in seeing things out of your past with regret. But the whole excitement about redemption was the unconditional nature of it -- we repent, and we move on.

More likely, there might be things you're learning and skills you're building now for the next step. Or resources that you need to find, that will be useful for others to know about... or family members and neighbors you are helping protect.

Take that to an even broader scope, to the impact you might have against the corruption of the police force there. I'm sure that going above them could put you in an even more dangerous position but heh, you've done danger, right?

http://safestate.org/index.cfm?navID=7
(As I sit here smugly in my safe comfy chair, many states away...)

The noise --that would jar me to the point of looniness and hatred. That alone is enough reason to get out.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

heron

Legend
Mar 24, 2005
✟33,756.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I was reading John 15 this morning, and it reminded me of your situation.

John 15:1-27 - Study Chapter

I am the True Vine, and My Father is the Vinedresser. Every branch in Me not bearing fruit, He takes it away; and each one bearing fruit, He prunes, so that it may bear more fruit.

You are already pruned because of the Word which I have spoken to you. Remain in Me, and I in you.

As the branch is not able to bear fruit of itself, unless it remain in the vine, so neither can you unless you remain in Me. I am the Vine; you are the branches. The one abiding in Me, and I in him, this one bears much fruit, because apart from Me you are not able to execute, nothing.

Unless one remains in Me, he is cast out as the branch and is dried up; and they gather and throw them into a fire, and they are burned. If you remain in Me, and My Words remain in you, whatever you desire you will ask, and it shall happen to you.

In this My Father is glorified, that you should bear much fruit; and you will be disciples to Me.
As the Father loved Me, I also loved you; continue in My love.

If you keep My commandments you will continue in My love, as I have kept My Father's commandments and continue in His love. I have spoken these things to you that My joy may abide in you, and your joy may be full.

This is My commandment, that you love one another as I loved you. Greater love than this has no one, that anyone should lay down his soul for his friends.

You are My friends if you do whatever I command you. I no longer call you slaves, for the slave does not know what his lord does. But I called you friends, because all things which I heard from My Father I made known to you.

You have not chosen Me, but I chose you out and planted you, that you should go and should bear fruit, and your fruit remain, that whatever you should ask the Father in My name, He may give you. These things I command you, that you love one another.

If the world hates you, you know that it has hated Me before it has hated you. If you were of the world, the world would love its own. But because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, because of this the world hates you.
You expressed frustration about praying to get out of the housing situation and not getting answers. I have noticed that the times I get answers are times that I take a more expectant stance, and this makes no logical sense to me. But Jesus asked us to ask in faith, expecting that God will meet our needs.

When it seems to fall into place, I have thanked Him first for answering prayers. This takes me out of the whining victim zone, the defeated cycle, and into a realm where activity happens.

I am not saying this is a formula that works, but a way that God works in my life. For me, it's part of the pruning process because I tend to try to make things work on my own, then picture God is tagging along beside me helping it along.

Being dependent on Him for the answers -- especially when they don't fit my ideas of answers -- is difficult. Letting go, allowing someone to help... I make it a lot harder than it should be.

Upvote 0

justanobserver

Still Wondering...
Oct 26, 2005
✟17,559.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
:doh: ...And people wonder why shootings are so often associated with drug connections.

What a set of complications. I hope we didn't push you to the point of revealing more than you wanted to.

More likely, there might be things you're learning and skills you're building now for the next step. Or resources that you need to find, that will be useful for others to know about... or family members and neighbors you are helping protect.

I have no family here and am not trying to protect my neighbors. they do not want to stand up for themselves but as several of them have said (and I quote) "someone needs to do something but I dont want to get involved..." so I am not protecting them nor trying to improve their status - they can do that for themselves if they would choose to.

I just want to move out of this hell hole and those that want to hide their heads in the sand can do so long after I am gone from this place.

Take that to an even broader scope, to the impact you might have against the corruption of the police force there. I'm sure that going above them could put you in an even more dangerous position but heh, you've done danger, right?

I am not interested in being a crusader against police corruption or having any impact on it. I just want to move from this place. The cops and dealers can continue to do as they wish with each other after I move. The neighbors that roll over and allow the activites and want others to take care of the problems - they can continue to keep rolling over to all this - I just want out of this place.

The noise --that would jar me to the point of looniness and hatred. That alone is enough reason to get out.

yes, the noise is the main reason why I am requesting prayer only in this thread to get out of this horror of a situation. The base from one of the crank dealer's sub woofers is blasting as I type this.

Plus having a roomate that is not trustworthy nor honorable is another reason why I need to move BUT its got to be a place I an an afford at this time.

hence, why I am asking God to assist as at this time, its gonna be Him only that can make this happen.

I am tired, worn out, frutrated, I sleep total average 3 - 5 hours a night due to the noise and activites, got a lot on my mind (son going to prison, dad died, etc) and am trying not to return in my mind to a way of thinking I use to have that involved danger and how to deal with it. I was very good years ago at dealing with danger - proof of that is I am still alive and some bad guys aint. I dont want to go back to that way of thinking at this point in time.

I do appreciate the prayers and thoughts.

Upvote 0

justanobserver

Still Wondering...
Oct 26, 2005
✟17,559.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
I really need God to open a door elsewhere fror me to move to. He knows the financial and tramsportaiton limits I got. its bad.

tomorrow I am calling storage places to see how much it will cost to get my stuff secured and then after I get paid this week, get a post office box.

I really really really need God to open a door so I wont need to become homeless and live out of my car.

thank you.

Upvote 0

heron

Legend
Mar 24, 2005
✟33,756.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.