Need scriptures supporting unintended/demonic transference of spirits.

CGL1023

citizen of heaven
Jul 8, 2011
Roswell NM
✟75,781.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I am taught that the laying on of hands can transfer spirits even if not intended.

I have heard one's personal testimony of receiving a desire for cigarette smoke after a group of church men laid hands on him before leaving for a new assignment.

I have read of chiropractors and massage workers transferring spirits as they touch others in the exercise of their profession.

I have heard of soul ties from former lovers, which I would believe to be related.

My question in all this is: What are three or four scriptures that could make an air-tight case for the validity of what I mentioned, if possible?

Dialogist

Jul 22, 2015
✟8,545.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Here's a few:

There shall not be found among you any one that maketh his son or his daughter to pass through the fire, or that useth divination, or an observer of times, or an enchanter, or a witch. Or a charmer, or a consulter with familiar spirits, or a wizard, or a necromancer. For all that do these things are an abomination unto the Lord: and because of these abominations the Lord thy God doth drive them out from before thee (Deuteronomy 18:10-12).

For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ. And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light (2 Corinthians 11:13-14)

Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God (1 John 4:1)

For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect (Matthew 24:24)

Scripture supports the existence of what you write, but it also clearly indicates that these things are from the Evil One, and not God.

Upvote 0

CGL1023

citizen of heaven
Jul 8, 2011
Roswell NM
✟75,781.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Here's a few:

There shall not be found among you any one that maketh his son or his daughter to pass through the fire, or that useth divination, or an observer of times, or an enchanter, or a witch. Or a charmer, or a consulter with familiar spirits, or a wizard, or a necromancer. For all that do these things are an abomination unto the Lord: and because of these abominations the Lord thy God doth drive them out from before thee (Deuteronomy 18:10-12).

For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ. And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light (2 Corinthians 11:13-14)

Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God (1 John 4:1)

For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect (Matthew 24:24)

Scripture supports the existence of what you write, but it also clearly indicates that these things are from the Evil One, and not God.
Here's a few:

Thank you, Dialogist, for the scriptures. I wholly agree with your comment on the origin of these phenomena.

Upvote 0

CGL1023

citizen of heaven
Jul 8, 2011
Roswell NM
✟75,781.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
"Lay hands suddenly on no man, neither be partaker of other men's sins: keep thyself pure." I Tim 5:22

Interesting to me that in the tabernacle, the priest addressed his sins first then the sins of the people. Heb 7:27
Thank you tturt, for the scriptures and for the observation from Heb 7.

Upvote 0

Biblicist

Full Gospel believer
Mar 27, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
✟51,094.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Here's a few:

The problem with these particular Scriptures is that they do not really address the question being asked. Even though I recognise that demonic spirits can be passed on by the laying on of hands, I am not so sure that I could present this perspective from within the Scriptures (though I should be able to do by now). Then theres the question can Christians receive demonic spirits when someone lays hands on them, which I think could be hard if they asking God for a particular blessing as he would "never give his children a rock".

Upvote 0

Dialogist

Jul 22, 2015
✟8,545.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
The problem with these particular Scriptures is that they do not really address the question being asked. Even though I recognise that demonic spirits can be passed on by the laying on of hands, I am not so sure that I could present this perspective from within the Scriptures (though I should be able to do by now). Then theres the question can Christians receive demonic spirits when someone lays hands on them, which I think could be hard if they asking God for a particular blessing as he would "never give his children a rock".

Divine Revelation tells us that we can be deceived by Satan into thinking that something that originates from him actually originates from God. I think this should be enough.

I also think that the belief that if we think we are asking God for something then we can never be deceived is delusional. In the verse you cite, the example that the Lord refers to is that of a son asking for things that are truly useful for him, such as bread or fish for nourishment. We, too, must ask for things which are spiritually profitable for us, keeping in mind that the Lord instructed us also that we must always have His will in mind and not ours. I am not even sure that asking for "particular blessings" are even proper, except perhaps when prefaced by "if it be Your will".

Upvote 0

CGL1023

citizen of heaven
Jul 8, 2011
Roswell NM
✟75,781.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

I was challenged to do as you say in the colored segment, and could not, thus my question to forum members.

I wonder if some subjects cannot be discussed in depth or rigorously for lack of available scripture. As I think about it, the answer has got to be "yes" as the controversy about the age of the universe rages with a clear lack of scriptural support for one view over the other.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Biblicist

Full Gospel believer
Mar 27, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
✟51,094.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Divine Revelation tells us that we can be deceived by Satan into thinking that something that originates from him actually originates from God. I think this should be enough.
Even though I am inclined to believe that demonic spirits can (under specific circumstances) be passed on by the laying of hands, as the Scriptures do not provide us with any evidence of this then I would have to ask you what you mean by "Divine Revelation".

I also think that the belief that if we think we are asking God for something then we can never be deceived is delusional. In the verse you cite, the example that the Lord refers to is that of a son asking for things that are truly useful for him, such as bread or fish for nourishment. We, too, must ask for things which are spiritually profitable for us, keeping in mind that the Lord instructed us also that we must always have His will in mind and not ours.
Here's where I would strongly argue against your position as I would say that your point of view not only (inadvertantly) undermines the Scriptures but it also assaults both the Person and character of God.

I am not even sure that asking for "particular blessings" are even proper, except perhaps when prefaced by "if it be Your will".
My use of "particular blessings" could relate to a number of things, which could be where we seek after specific Operations of the Spirit (1Cor 12:7-11), healing, financial provisions or with certain directions in life that we could take.

Upvote 0

Biblicist

Full Gospel believer
Mar 27, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
✟51,094.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I was challenged to do as you say in the colored segment, and could not, thus my question to forum members.

I wonder if some subjects cannot be discussed in depth or rigorously for lack of available scripture. As I think about it, the answer has got to be "yes" as the controversy about the age of the universe rages with a clear lack of scriptural support for one view over the other.
Could it possibly be that we have maybe adopted a tradition that does not have any Scriptural support? I have no doubt that if someone were to lay hands on an unsaved person that a demonic spirit could easily be transferred but I cannot see any evidence from within the Scriptures that suggests that someone who is Spirit-filled could receive a demonic spirit in this fashion.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

quietbloke

Brother in Christ
Site Supporter
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Could it possibly be that we have maybe adopted a tradition that does not have any Scriptural support? I have no doubt that if someone were to lay hands on an unsaved person that a demonic spirit could easily be transferred but I cannot see any evidence from within the Scriptures that suggests that someone who is Spirit-filled could receive a demonic spirit in this fashion.
I agree with you on this

Upvote 0