Visit site
✟439,757.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
As you all know i've had a very long and unloving marriage - one which i entered into because i was pregnant.
It seems although i was often threatened and blackmailed if i ever left - that due to the length of time i stayed - the tribunal feels it could be a marriage.

As someone who [as you know] didnt speak too much against him because of the 10 commandments and such and wanting to be right - i may have a difficult time untying myself from him.
This has been my despair for many years... desperately wanting out - but seeing no way i could.
He moved me away from family and friends - made sure i never had money and i walked on egg shells --- but im afraid of not getting annulled....which is something i wanted at my reception...but didnt think i could be believed because i was pregnant and scared.

So please pray that i become free from what i felt i was obliged to do.
I hope im not penalized because i was afraid to leave all those years while raising my kids.

pdudgeon

Traditional Catholic
Site Supporter
In Memory Of
Aug 4, 2005
South East Virginia, US
✟493,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
because the world is now better acquainted with terrorist activities and hostage situations, you might be able to use those scenarios to your advantage.
best wishes!

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,667,880.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Prayers for God's intervention. I do not think you will have any problems WA. I've seen annulments granted for much less.

As you all know i've had a very long and unloving marriage - one which i entered into because i was pregnant.
It seems although i was often threatened and blackmailed if i ever left - that due to the length of time i stayed - the tribunal feels it could be a marriage.

As someone who [as you know] didnt speak too much against him because of the 10 commandments and such and wanting to be right - i may have a difficult time untying myself from him.
This has been my despair for many years... desperately wanting out - but seeing no way i could.
He moved me away from family and friends - made sure i never had money and i walked on egg shells --- but im afraid of not getting annulled....which is something i wanted at my reception...but didnt think i could be believed because i was pregnant and scared.

So please pray that i become free from what i felt i was obliged to do.
I hope im not penalized because i was afraid to leave all those years while raising my kids.

Reactions: WarriorAngel
Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟439,757.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Prayers for God's intervention. I do not think you will have any problems WA. I've seen annulments granted for much less.
I got so upset - i told my deacon 'maybe i'll quit going to church..'
I regret it... but that's how upset i am.
Yah - the guy at the office told me i had grounds.
But i get way too upset thinking im trapped with my ex when i really didnt even love him.
And because i kept so much to myself - so confused and such - i dont have substantial witnesses. I confided in no one...
I didnt know then i should have.
My dad knew i didnt want to go - but he passed on years ago.

Its unfair my word isnt enough, yet i know we're not supposed to talk about things... i keep way too much inside... and now i feel bad for being like that.
It gets me no where...every time.

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
✟439,757.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Also pray my words to the deacon arent held against me. It was a momentary whoops.
I want God first - and feel bad for that second of dumbness.
I feel like a child who was having a melt down.
BTW - my deacon is also my friend... so i wasnt talking to a stranger.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,667,880.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I cannot see any reason at all why your deacon would not understand. Yes we are Catholic Christians but we are human too. But it sounds like you are worrying for nothing. I have seen much less be granted an annulment. Just cross your bridges when you come to them and try to turn off your anxiety the best you can.

Reactions: WarriorAngel
Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
✟439,757.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I cannot see any reason at all why your deacon would not understand. Yes we are Catholic Christians but we are human too. But it sounds like you are worrying for nothing. I have seen much less be granted an annulment. Just cross your bridges when you come to them and try to turn off your anxiety the best you can.
Maybe it depends on the area?
Im trying very hard to remain calm... and not worry.
I know God is helping - but that doesnt stop me from letting my anxieties take over.
Hard thing to cap - i assure you.
Any - any kind of fright or upset - and i cry. Meds or not... just thinking i'm permanently stuck scares me.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,667,880.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I get it. I struggle with anxiety myself. But take it from me, you can overthink things until you get yourself sick. I'm still dealing with this irrational BIL stuff. I was getting myself sick over it. Right now, I'm dreading holidays and caught myself doing the rehearsal in my mind of what ifs... It will kill you. Try to distract yourself whether it be a project, a book, praying and asking God to relieve your mind. It takes time but running these things through your mind over and over again
Will not change anything except to effect you in the negative. Praying for you WA.

Maybe it depends on the area?
Im trying very hard to remain calm... and not worry.
I know God is helping - but that doesnt stop me from letting my anxieties take over.
Hard thing to cap - i assure you.
Any - any kind of fright or upset - and i cry. Meds or not... just thinking i'm permanently stuck scares me.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
✟439,757.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I get it. I struggle with anxiety myself. But take it from me, you can overthink things until you get yourself sick. I'm still dealing with this irrational BIL stuff. I was gettingyself sick over it. Right now, I'm dreading holidays and caught myself doing the rehearsal in my mind of what ifs... It will kill you. Try to destruct yourself whether it be a project, a book, praying and asking God to relieve your mind. It takes time but running these things through your mind over and over again
Will not change anything except to effect you in the negative. Praying for you WA.
Thanks Michie...
Yes, over and over thinking of worst case scenerio.
I could really kick myself - and have for many years now.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,667,880.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It's a hard habit to break but break it you must. Even if it is just to an acceptable level. We can almost delude ourselves when we overthink everything. It does not help.

Thanks Michie...
Yes, over and over thinking of worst case scenerio.
I could really kick myself - and have for many years now.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

WarriorAngel

Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
✟439,757.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I just know if people pray for and with me, it will happen.
I was told my one witness was too polite when writing about everything...and very short in her responses.
I may have to go before the tribunal...myself.
And im scared i might forget everything. [draw blanks as i often do when worried - which makes taking tests really hard for me.]

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,667,880.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I have a friend I met in RCIA that was married several times. She got an annulment for every single marriage. Even when her last husband was being uncooperative. It really has nothing to do with area it works the same everywhere. She went before a tribunal and it was about 10 minutes. Just asked her a few questions and she answered. It was not a big deal. Believe me, these clergymen are not going to ask you every little detail. So be patient. It is going to happen. Her deal took two years but she had 3 previous marriages and she could not get her current marriage recognized until everything came through. You are dealing with one. Hang in there.

I just know if people pray for and with me, it will happen.
I was told my one witness was too polite when writing about everything...and very short in her responses.
I may have to go before the tribunal...myself.
And im scared i might forget everything. [draw blanks as i often do when worried - which makes taking tests really hard for me.]

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
✟439,757.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I have a friend I met in RCIA that was married several times. She got an annulment for every single marriage. Even when her last husband was being uncooperative. It really has nothing to do with area it works the same everywhere. She went before a tribunal and it was about 10 minutes. Just asked her a few questions and she answered. It was not a big deal. Believe me, these clergymen are not going to ask you every little detail. So be patient. It is going to happen. Her deal took two years but she had 3 previous marriages and she could not get her current marriage recognized until everything came through. You are dealing with one. Hang in there.
Im hanging.
By a thread...

Upvote 0

Anhelyna

Handmaid of God
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2005
Glasgow , Scotland
✟1,297,094.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Prayers for you WA..

I have a priest friend over here [ yes Latin :) ] who is on the Marriage Tribunal - and we were discussing in general terms about grounds for Annulment - as far as I can see they do take past events into consideration and even if there is no witness , at times , they look at history.

Is your Deacon actually a member of the Tribunal ? If not ask to meet one of the members and talk with them.

Don't lose heart - they are human beings like you and me

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

anjelica

May 14, 2015
✟91,105.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
WA I am in a similar position and know just what you are going through. You have my thoughts and prayers. I too am stuck because of my sickness and disabilities. I know exactly what that awful feeling is like. What you have written resonates so much with me. Maybe we could chat privately a bit? I will most certainly pray for you though.

Upvote 0

benedictaoo

Legend
Dec 1, 2007
✟72,332.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I am praying for you and have been. You really need to meet with the tribunal priest in your diocese. You need to call and write to anyone and everyone you can. Explain how this man was and is incapable of entering into a marriage. Focus on him and his inability to give consent due to his emotional and psychological issues. Do not focus on you but HIM and how he has obvious issues, thus he was not able to enter into the marriage contract. Can't give what's not there to give. Any man who controls a woman using abusive means is not able to marry. I wish I we're there and able to help you. Trust me, after they received a letter from me, you'd be annulled.

Upvote 0

EEP

Nov 17, 2006
✟15,177.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Is there anyone who you can talk to personally? Someone who can take you out of the area and " hide" you for a bit? So he can't contact you? My thoughts and prayers go out to you as this situation I've seen amount family and friends a little too often. I just hope and pray you are in a safe place and have someone to help you.

Upvote 0