Need prayers for overcoming addiction

R

RescueAngel

I quit smoking cigerettes once cold turkey for 8 years when I was 23. But life changes and stress and addiction I went back at 31 and now at 39 I am still smoking, but cut down to half a pack for the most part.

Right now, I am going without smoking since last night and I have no cigerettes at all in my house ( no one else smokes either) so is the perfect time to give them up. And since everyone does get enphazma in my family who keeps smoking and such, and I so far am healthy that way, I want to quite but I know, I need prayer to do it, and I have to do it cold turkey, or I won't do it.

Cutting down for me, won't work, its all or none for my type of personality and so if you can pray for me I think maybe I can do it. I just have to get through the first 2 weeks and then the next 2 weeks, and after one full month, I should be ok. That will get physical part over really and than I just have to work on the pyschological addiction for ever, but I will, I did it once, I can do it again.

Thanks for the prayers and listening.

Rescue Angel:angel:

Lightbearer3

Veteran
Apr 21, 2007
✟17,630.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Lord I pray that as she reaches out from within her being to embrace you that Father you will help her crucify the flesh through the Spirit. That her deep desire to lay this addiction down will be increased hour by hour until it is defeated, Cause her to praise you each time she has the temptation to smoke, in Jesus name I ask, Amen.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SunMessenger

Devoted To The Holy Spirit Of God
Apr 27, 2006
New England
✟202,816.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I quit smoking cigerettes once cold turkey for 8 years when I was 23. But life changes and stress and addiction I went back at 31 and now at 39 I am still smoking, but cut down to half a pack for the most part.

Right now, I am going without smoking since last night and I have no cigerettes at all in my house ( no one else smokes either) so is the perfect time to give them up. And since everyone does get enphazma in my family who keeps smoking and such, and I so far am healthy that way, I want to quite but I know, I need prayer to do it, and I have to do it cold turkey, or I won't do it.

Cutting down for me, won't work, its all or none for my type of personality and so if you can pray for me I think maybe I can do it. I just have to get through the first 2 weeks and then the next 2 weeks, and after one full month, I should be ok. That will get physical part over really and than I just have to work on the pyschological addiction for ever, but I will, I did it once, I can do it again.

Thanks for the prayers and listening.

Rescue Angel:angel:
icon11.gif

Father I Stand In Agreement For Strength In Jesus Holy Name .
AMEN
As it is written in Matthew 19 and 20...
"Again, I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything you ask for, it will be done for you by my Father in heaven. For where two or three come together in my name, there am I with them."
__________________​

Upvote 0
R

RescueAngel

Thank SunMessenger

I have tried for years and just couldn't really do it, this time... well day two and anyone whose tried knows the first couple of days without are the worst.... and I am not really missing it, and the cravings aren't bad. I am really not edgy or miserable "yet" and its not really normal, so its a God thing and the only thing I did different this time.... is turned to people and asked for prayer .. .. to you all.. I never ask for help or prayer, I am always the one helping others, so I took the step and I guess I should have done it long ago because without the help of you all and your love .... I would not be doing this .. it would be too hard. I love smoking .. really love it. And right now, I am doing ok and thats just not me lol so thanks and Praise God.

Upvote 0