bethrow

Veteran
Sep 8, 2006
✟12,537.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Today I just feel like a lousy mother. I have an 18 month old son who will not stop biting me, pinching me, and hitting me. I try telling him "NO", pushing his hands away, getting down to eye level explaining that he hurts mommy, and I've spanked him.
I have a tendency to yell at him and at times I get out of control with my yelling. I hate it and I just ask you all for prayer so that I may speak to him calmly in a quieter tone. Help me to find ways of stopping this phase that he's in. He does these things when he's tired, hungry, or doesn't get his way. I can deal with the crying and whining, but not the physical stuff. He bit me really really hard tonight as I was picking him up to put him into the bathtub. He sank his teeth into my arm so hard.
Please pray that God will help me to love my child, to be calm when he pushes my buttons.
I don't know what to do. I've tried everything it seems, but nothing seems to work.
Today I felt like tossing in the towel, finding him a daycare, and going back to work full time. Maybe this is what I need to do anyway. I don't know.
I love my son and we have good bonding moments, but I do have a temper and I'm so afraid it's going to rub off on him as he gets older.
Please pray!!!!:cry:

RosemaryChildAtHeart

Mar 9, 2007
✟8,310.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Poor You!

Do not worry, the Lord is there with You. I would suggest some guide to help You. Your child is still young and can be changed, I have seen it in those shows Nanny 911 - maybe you can call them?

I pray for teh Lord to give you wisdom to deal with your child. To give you peace and calmness so that you may control your temper. I ask You Lord to help this mother please. She wants to do her best but does not know how, please send her help, send her tips and wisdom. Lord, You provide us all we need and we have no doubt You will help here aswell. Thankyou dear Jesus.

Amen :amen:

Upvote 0

ForeverHopeful

Senior Veteran
Jun 19, 2006
✟11,669.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Heavenly Father, thank you for joining us in prayer. Thank you for forgiving us when we loose our temper with our children. Thank you that all we have to do is ask for your help and guidance, believing you will hear and answer our prayers. Thank you for giving her a renewed Spirit of Hope. Thank you for giving this loving mother the answers she is seeking and thank you for giving her this time with her son, they grow up soo fast. Thank you that she is turning to you in prayer. Thank you for your perfect plan and timing. Even this will be used for your GOOD! All glory and honor are yours!!
Thank you for ansering this prayer and for all of your blessings, Amen:amen:

Wish I had the perfect answer and advice for you. I will say this, prayer is the best thing you can do. May God bless you and work this out at his will.

Upvote 0

Criada

Site Supporter
Feb 6, 2007
✟114,628.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Today I just feel like a lousy mother. I have an 18 month old son who will not stop biting me, pinching me, and hitting me. I try telling him "NO", pushing his hands away, getting down to eye level explaining that he hurts mommy, and I've spanked him.
I have a tendency to yell at him and at times I get out of control with my yelling. I hate it and I just ask you all for prayer so that I may speak to him calmly in a quieter tone. Help me to find ways of stopping this phase that he's in. He does these things when he's tired, hungry, or doesn't get his way. I can deal with the crying and whining, but not the physical stuff. He bit me really really hard tonight as I was picking him up to put him into the bathtub. He sank his teeth into my arm so hard.
Please pray that God will help me to love my child, to be calm when he pushes my buttons.
I don't know what to do. I've tried everything it seems, but nothing seems to work.
Today I felt like tossing in the towel, finding him a daycare, and going back to work full time. Maybe this is what I need to do anyway. I don't know.
I love my son and we have good bonding moments, but I do have a temper and I'm so afraid it's going to rub off on him as he gets older.

Praying for you!

And - remember, your son doesn't do these things out of spite, or because he wants to hurt you! Children can't understand that others feel pain until they are at least a year older than your little one. It is simply a way of gaining your attention - if you ignore it (and I know that's hard - I've been there!), he will soon grow out of it. Sometimes it helps to distract them - try producing a favourite toy if you think he is in this mood, and giving him extra attention before he resorts to violence!
Believe me, it really will pass very quickly - hang on in there ,and keep praying!

(Sorry if all that sounds a bit dictatorial - just trying to pass on some of what it took me four children to learn!:))
God bless you - and your son.

Reactions: TrinityFrEak
Upvote 0
Aug 30, 2007
lasvegas.nv
✟7,725.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
:prayer:
hi!i'm new to this sight so just trying to figure out how it works!so sorry if i did not do this right.lol i just wanted to pray for you and your son,i hope things will get better for you and him.i will ask god to help you both god bless

Upvote 0

LauraLu

Aug 5, 2007
North Carolina
✟8,057.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Engaged
Lord, please give this mother peace and understanding and right words to say to her son. Put your hand on him also so that he does not physically hurt her. Give her patience through this stage in her son's life. Put the love in her heart that will make her truly want the best for her son and make her forget about her annoyances. Bless this woman and her child, Lord! Amen.

Upvote 0

rebecca45

Dec 20, 2005
Florida
✟8,770.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Aw sweetie.. I feel for you! as a Mother and Grandmother of two. I know right where your at. I also did daycare for so many little boogers that bit. They like to bite each other to you know so daycare he might just bite the other kids. All I can say is it will pass, like someone else said try to ignore it.
Have you tried researching on line about what other possibilities you can use to deter him? might be worth a try.

In the meantime.. Lord help this desperate Mother who is reconizing right now she is having a hard time dealing with this. I pray you guide her right to the correct thing to do to teach her child to not do this. Help her to control her frustration and learn to take her temper in control.
IN Jesus mighty name I pray.

good luck... IT WILL PASS! chin up.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

warriorofprayer

Aug 18, 2007
Ontario
✟8,236.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Chin up...Raise your hands to God! :clap:

He is in control hon. I am sorry you need to go through this, I have a friends son who is the same way with everyone. He does have good days, and my friend focuses on those days and asks God for more of them.

I will pray for the Lord to put a calmness in your son.

Keep praying!

Upvote 0

suzeequeue

redeemed by the blood of the Lamb
Oct 5, 2006
U.S. Midwest
✟15,133.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
hi :)

my friend's daughter had a biting problem when she was little. luckily she outgrew it, she's 18 now! anyway, please don't think i'm cruel for what i'm about to suggest, but have you considered biting him back? that is actually what the doctor suggested to my friend, and it worked. with some children, if they know there is no consequence other than "no", they will just keep doing. but if they get a taste of their own medicine, so to speak, they will learn, even at that tender age.

for the first couple years of my daughter's life, i had to take her to daycare. she was a favorite there, as she never cried, was just a VERY HAPPY baby. one day the daycare called me at work and said i needed to come take Britt to the doctor, as another child had bit her and she was bleeding:( . the bite was quite severe (on her forearm).

the child who bit her was new to the daycare. his mom was a stay-at-home mom, who brought her son to the daycare because he was biting. she thought it might help to socialize him a little.

anyway, the next day he bit my little girl again, this time on the forehead. there's not much soft flesh there, but it still broke the skin and there were terrible bruises on her little forehead and scrape marks from his teeth. the daycare still allowed him to come to daycare, but luckily for Britt they moved the child to another classroom, where i assume he went on to bite other children.

another time, my friend's daughter (the same one who bit) kept pulling my daughter's hair. the other little girl's mom kept saying to Britt, "pull her hair back and she will quit pulling yours" but Brittany would not pull the other child's hair. (even tho i am not a mean person, i wanted to pull that little girl's hair so badly:blush: ). she was hurting my baby!! finally, Karen, the other child's mom, pulled her little girl's hair and she stopped pulling Brittany's hair, at least for that day.

these are just some thoughts that came back to me after reading your post, please don't take offense! i know you don't want to hurt your precious little boy.

i pray you find the right solution that works for you:)

dear Jesus, please help this mom as she tries to be the best mom she can be. give her peace and wisdom, Lord. please bless her and her little boy to have a happy and loving relationship. help her to teach her little boy in the way that You would have him go, Lord. thank You, Jesus that You know what to do. glory to You, Lord.

Upvote 0

Follow3r

Aug 30, 2007
✟7,656.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

i am praying for you.

Reactions: Proph
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Proph

Aug 15, 2007
Baltimore, MD
✟8,415.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Lord, I thank you for life, and I thank you for the order you can restore in our lives. I thank you for peace, and I thank you for hearing our prayers. In the name of Jesus. I pray peace into the mind of this child. I pray that he will obey his mother, he shall obey his mother, he shall not act out of anger, in the name of Jesus. AMEN AMEN AMEN

Sister in Christ. Its time to attend church and allow them to pray over him. Start looking for you Chruch home, Ask the Lord to lead you to your pastor.

Upvote 0