Need ideas for a new name for our youth group.

Sixof7

Nov 14, 2006
✟7,618.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Yes I understand that to a point, and I am not picking on any ministry specifically, but couldnt we just pick a word or words that actually have a deeper meaning?For example the youth ministry I am involved with now is named TERRA NOVA (latin for new ground) it has a deep meaning with scripture undertone and our service night is called THE FLOOD (a call for God to come a saturate/flood us). I grew up in youth ministry in the late 80's and early 90's and that was all the rage then. I wonder why is it that same way now, once again I know it isnt all youth ministries but it sure is a lot of them. I am just looking for some feed and ask why do we do the things we do?

Upvote 0

ashleigh14

Jan 15, 2007
✟7,653.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
:wave: Hey! I have been looking for some youth group names too. I found a few: n2jc-into jesus christ, a2j-addicted to jesus, and probably my favorite one is N.A.S.C.A.R-n-counter god through abiding,serving,caring,advancing, and reflecting. And Mission Possible. Maybe you can get ideas from this. Well if you find any ideas for youth group names please let me know.
Thank you

Upvote 0

evs

Jan 28, 2007
✟15,112.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
my youth group is called

CrossWord

for fairly obvious reasons...

but a friend and i are leading a new friday afternoon session for high school students, and we named it

DECIDE

because we aimed to give these kids all that they need to know, so that they can make their own choice as to how they live their lives. The idea of the session wasn't so much to preach, but to teach how to live.

what do you all think?

Upvote 0

GodrockDJ

The one and only
Sep 12, 2006
PA
Visit site
✟17,406.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
While I agree it is important to have a name that has a deeper meaning, there are also other factors to consider. One of the major goals of youth ministry (at least in ours) is to reach out to other kids - friends, classmates, teenagers that your youth will encounter in their lives. We encourage them to be constantly reaching out to their friends. And while it may seem unbelievable it is true that the name of a youth group is a factor in a kid's decision in wanting to come visit. Think about it - if your group has a cheesy name will that be a helping factor in their decision? It will. And it will also be a factor in whether your kids invite others to join them at your group. If they are embarrassed to say the name it just makes conversation awkward. Just food for thought.

Upvote 0