• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

need help dont know if this is right place to post but ill try

KOoo

Dec 28, 2004
✟127.00
Faith
Christian
im new to being a christian and all this stuff is in my head like should i say to people dont say that if someone talks bad or use gods name in a bad way or send money to people in other countries but it could be going to the wrong place and then there stuff like something is saying if i dont do this im going to hell or if i do im going to heaven some of you may think im nuts maybe i am hehe but just need help if iny of yall go threw this

chilibowl

Mar 9, 2005
at home
✟352.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Politics
US-Republican
The bible speaks of new christians as infants in the faith... and as all infants do, you need a steady diet of milk just to survive and even more to grow strong and healthy... right now you need spiritual milk. that's going to be found in the word or the bible.. if you don't have a translation devoted to "teens" or young belivers then I suggest you should get one. no matter your age because there is alot of good comentary that's easy to understand.. THIS IS CRITICAL TO YOUR WALK AND SPIRITUAL GROWTH!!! most of us after we become christians want to jump into the topics that you mentioned, with no understanding or reasoning behind it. and often times we make the wrong judgement calls because we have no foundation of truth to base off of... we see thru other,How other "christians" act and often times this is misunderstood by the new beliver or worse they are in conterdiction of scripture, and with out that foundation of truth you have no way to descern truth from tradition..
God speaks to his childern thru his word, If you say something to someone about a spiritual matter wouldn't you like to hear or know what god thinks of it first???.. then christian my advise is to wait! nourish yourself first, you have the rest of your life to be in the service of the lord!

~Goodluck and Godbless

Upvote 0

StammerA

Feb 17, 2005
California
Visit site
✟151.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
KOoo said:
then there stuff like something is saying if i dont do this im going to hell or if i do im going to heaven
First of all, If you have truly accepted Jesus Christ as your personal Savior, You are by NO MEANS EVER going to go to hell. PERIOD! You can NOT earn your way to heaven either....If you do this you'll go to heaven....Is just not right. There is only one way to get into heaven....Through Jesus Christ.

KOoo said:
im new to being a christian and all this stuff is in my head like should i say to people dont say that if someone talks bad or use gods name in a bad way or send money to people in other countries but it could be going to the wrong place and some of you may think im nuts maybe i am hehe but just need help if iny of yall go threw this

As far as saying to someone about their bad language.... I've learned that people adjust themselves for the most part, by the way you lead yourself. If you don't ever curse, or take God's name in vain.... and don't tell bad , inappropriate jokes .

I've never told other people to stop talking a certain way around me..... Sometimes, I would just excuse my self and leave the area. They get the message.
A lot of the time, they apologize to me if they say such things, even though I"ve never told them they shouldn't talk like that.

Sending money? I wouldn't send money to organizations out of the country.... I would donate to my church.....
I do donate money to In Touch Ministries, because I listen to Charles Stanley preach every week....and I trust their ministry.

But no matter what you do.... If you do send money to Serve God.... let it go. It's the intent of your heart, on how you sent the money. What they do with it....is out of your hands....Unless you find out that they are not using it for God, then just stop sending it.
Remember Each of us will have to stand before God, and answer to God for all of our actions, personal and business.
Hope this was helpful.

Upvote 0

If Not For Grace

Legend-but then so's Keith Richards
Feb 4, 2005
Curtis Loew's House w/Kid Rock & Hank III
Visit site
✟46,998.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
KOoo said:
all this stuff is in my head \\\ if iny of yall go threw this

You Bet I did, I still have ?'s about the "right" thing to do or not do.

TRY not to get involved with all the do-do this an don't do that people. Jesus is about GRACE and LOVE.

Give yourself time (drink your milk as the previous poster suggested). You will grow. Please do not become one of the FINGER pointing dogmatic people who doom people and make them feel bad because they do/say something "unchristian".

Live your NEW GLORIOUS life and let others choose their way. Just offer them a different path primarily by EXAMPLE. Wear a small cross etc if you want to entice people into a relgious discussion. Display your Bible.

You must crawl before you can walk. Paul said ALL things are Lawful for me..but not all things are beneficial...:yawn:

Upvote 0