California
✟41,185.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I only have support on here and from my mother and sometimes my aunt. I really need extra help in the walk because I worry about things I shouldn't worry about like the Mark of the Beast when I should be worrying about my salvation and whether I am spreading the truth about the gospel and God's word. I have trouble asking for prayer at the church/fellowship that I go to which is Messianic as I just feel that they are hard to approach and talk about what problem I have. I also just really need help because it takes too much effort to exert on my own and to think of what I thought or said in the past. I just need prayer and support not to think or talk about the Mark of the Beast, but what I must talk about. Thank you and God Bless.

Josho

Oct 18, 2016
Somewhere in Australia
✟16,313.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Don't worry about the mark of the Beast, there are a lot of fear pumpers out their with their conspiracy theories, just don't worry and your salvation, you are saved, if you have asked Jesus into your heart, been baptized in water and in the spirit, you do not get to heaven by works, but by faith and the grace of God. The best thing you can be doing is get into really spending time with God, not necessarily just reading the Bible and praying, but it's also important to sit in the quiet and be still in the Holy Spirit's presence, he will be your guide. As for spreading the Gospel, you will know the time to do so, my dad always has told me he only leads people to Jesus if he gets the witness in the spirit and as a result many people have came to Jesus, because my dad was and still is guided by the Holy Spirit, I myself am still trying to learn that. Just remember though you are saved by grace not by works, if you have anything bothering you in your conscience, confess and ask for God's forgiveness, then you are right with the Lord.

Upvote 0

Greg J.

Site Supporter
Mar 2, 2016
Southeast Michigan
✟233,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It may take a while to experience regular success, but you just need to keep at ejecting troubling thoughts from your mind. While the following verse is about dwelling on thoughts that lead to sin, it is a good way to deal with any kind of troubling thoughts:

Rather, clothe yourselves with the Lord Jesus Christ, and do not think about how to gratify the desires of the sinful nature. (Romans 13:14, 1984 NIV)

Rather:

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. (Philippians 4:6-8, 1984 NIV)

If it is in your heart to live pleasingly to Jesus, you don't have to worry about the mark at all. Keep Jesus your life focus and he'll take care of everything else (Matthew 6:33; also read vss. 25-34).

Don't worry about your sins, however do your best to not sin. Stay connected to Jesus to experience his help in your life. Talk to him every day and preferably read your Bible every day, but recognize you aren't perfect, and God knows it. You don't have to be perfect to be saved. Jesus needs to be your Lord in your heart.

Upvote 0

shelley1952

May 14, 2016
Illinois
✟8,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I have trouble asking for prayer at the church/fellowship that I go to which is Messianic as I just feel that they are hard to approach and talk about what problem I have.

Your Church should be a place you feel comfortable in going to for prayer and instruction, if you dont feel comfortable enough to go to them with everything then its time to find a church where you do fit in and feel you know you can ask or prayer, instruction or whatever you need help with. I attended a Messianic church a few years back and I had the same trouble in feeling like they were hard to approach and actually they didnt want me there as I am not a Jew so at times they were rude to me and had the air of superiority and so I didnt go there very long but sought out another church.

is guided by the Holy Spirit
Josho is very correct in that we need the leading of Holy Spirit He is our teacher, guide, comforter plus many things to us, He knows the plans God has for our lives. Most mainstream denominations do not believe in Holy Spirit as a teacher for now days. I suggest you seek a church who does believe Holy Spirit is real and we need to learn how to listen to His guidance. May the Lord guide you to where you need to be.

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Talk about Jesus.
On here theres all different forums to talk about the new life you now have.

As for mark of the beast that was back around when the temple got destoyed in AD 70 when christians were undergoing much persecution, this still happens now but most of revelation was writtent to people of that time. You do not have it if you are sealed with the holy spirit.

We believers are now the temples of the holy spirit so we dont need to worry about building new ones. (Or the old one)

I dont know what the messianics are teaching thats got you all worried but just stick with reading the Bible and everything will become clear. Ask God if you confused about something and He will lead and guide you.

Upvote 0

Daryl Gleason

A man of God
Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2016
Cali, Colombia
✟28,436.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I'm very glad Philippians 4:6-8 was mentioned, because in truth, there's no need to worry about anything now that we're in Christ. There is also Hebrews 4:9-11, which describes God's rest, which we may enter into.

I do pray that you are able to find a community that will embrace you and all that you have to offer them. It may take some searching, but it's worth it to find others with whom you are able to be at peace.

In Christ,
Daryl

Upvote 0