jenny1972

we are not all knowing
Oct 12, 2012
✟18,139.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Because the Senate never ratified the treaty which makes it provisions null and void. A treaty has to be approved by both sides before it goes into effect.
but despite that the tribe did agree to cede it to the government all congress has to do is approve it easy to do that send to congress .

Upvote 0

MennoSota

Sola Gratia
Dec 11, 2015
US
✟22,574.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Private
All tribal members are US citizens. The system is extremely complex so that treaty agreements aren't cut and dry. One has to admit that the US government stole the land from indigenous nations. However, one must also acknowledge that the victor is not obligated to pay for or give back what has been taken. It would be an act of kindness, but it is not an obligation.
What "We The People" should do is very much a soul searching question our people should undertake. I doubt, however, that we can ever have that dialogue.

Upvote 0

smaneck

Baha'i
Sep 29, 2010
Jackson, MS
✟55,644.00
Faith
Baha'i
Marital Status
Single
However, one must also acknowledge that the victor is not obligated to pay for or give back what has been taken. It would be an act of kindness, but it is not an obligation.

As Buffy Sainte-Marie put it:

When a war between nations is lost
The loser we know pays the cost
But even when Germany fell to your hands
Consider dear lady, consider dear man
You left them their pride and you left them their land
And what have you done to these ones?

Upvote 0

jenny1972

we are not all knowing
Oct 12, 2012
✟18,139.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
That would be awkward politically. Also, the government would have to give the tribe everything promised in the treaty. I'm not sure what that would entail.
im sure it would entail much less than what they are getting now and its a problem that could be easily solved if the only issue is the senate needs to agree to it send it to the senate and have them sign it thats what would happen to remedy this incomplete treaty it doesnt take away the fact that the tribe agreed to it and signed it over . land is aquired through either treaty or warfare since the beginning of humanity . in the cases where native americans were decieved then the land should be returned if they have evidence that an agreement has been broken .

Upvote 0

jenny1972

we are not all knowing
Oct 12, 2012
✟18,139.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

thats because the US government did not want Germanys land but more often than not land is gained through warfare even before there were no white people in America land was lost and gained through warfare between the tribes its not a concept that never existed before white men landed .

Reactions: Chesterton
Upvote 0

MennoSota

Sola Gratia
Dec 11, 2015
US
✟22,574.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Private
im sure it would entail much less than what they are getting now and its a problem that could be easily solved if the only issue is the senate needs to agree to it send it to the senate and have them sign it thats what would happen to remedy this incomplete treaty it doesnt take away the fact that the tribe agreed to it and signed it over . land is aquired through either treaty or warfare since the beginning of humanity . in the cases where native americans were decieved then the land should be returned if they have evidence that an agreement has been broken .
Under this agreement I believe our next President would be named, Red Cloud! [emoji6]

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MennoSota

Sola Gratia
Dec 11, 2015
US
✟22,574.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Private
Thank you, my friend. Maybe he is unaware that my name is Red Fox.
This is correct. I had no idea, therefore it made no sense in the context of the discussion. I responded with a nonsense response.
Nanabozho is the trickster fox.

Upvote 0

TerranceL

Sarcasm is kind of an art isn't it?
Jul 3, 2009
✟105,808.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
LOL. I had a racist colleague when I taught at Murray State University in Kentucky. He argued that if Europeans hadn't been superior, they would not have conquered the world. I asked him if that meant the Mongols were a superior race as well. However, what Arabs (and Persians) were thinking when the Mongols invaded was that these people were Gog and Magog and it was the end of the world. These same historians had covered the Crusades and that was treated more or less as "a game of thrones."

Please please please please tell me that your colleague wasn't a history professor... or heck... archaeology...geography.

There are those who have the idea that every great thing that ever happened to the world was because of whites, there are also those who believe that every bad thing that's happened to the world was because of whites.

Both groups could stand a course in basic world history. If there's one thing that history tells us about man is that humanity has great capacity for wonder and beauty and just as much capacity for cruelty and horror.

Upvote 0

TerranceL

Sarcasm is kind of an art isn't it?
Jul 3, 2009
✟105,808.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian

That's hilariously stupid. After WWI the Allies milked Germany so bad that it all but ensured the rise of Hitler. To say that they were left with their pride... wow.

Upvote 0