JLR1300

Dec 16, 2012
Oklahoma
✟8,189.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I believe that the narrow way is Jesus. You can only get into heaven by Jesus. The wide way is Buddaism and Islam and Hinduism and Taoism and Judaism and Atheism etc. etc. If you follow any other religion than Jesus you are on the wide road that leads to destruction. Even among "Christian" groups there is a wide way that is false. The true way is narrow because it is Jesus plus nothing. If you try to get to heaven by Jesus plus something else you are still on the wide road. The Galatians Paul wrote to tried to get to heaven by Jesus plus circumcision. Paul didn't even allow for that. The way to heaven is really narrow it is Jesus plus nothing. Jesus plus circumcision is too wide of a road. You must make it narrower than that by taking away circumcision. (for salvation of course not medical reasons)

Others make the road two wide by adding other things to Jesus. Jesus plus membership in a particular group or church. Jesus plus baptism. Jesus plus my good deeds. Jesus plus how much I love God. Jesus plus how many sins I have given up. Jesus plus prayer. Jesus plus church attendance.

You see, all of our righteousness is as filthy rags in God's sight so we cannot add that filth to what Jesus did at the cross. The narrow road is to look to Jesus and what he did at the cross alone for salvation. We must trust Jesus alone to save us and not try to add works. The road is narrow because it is Jesus alone
The reason that road is a difficult road is not because Jesus' burden isn't easy and His load isn't light... it is because the world will hate you for not being on the wide road with them. They hate the narrow road because it destroys their spiritual pride and doesn't allow room for their self-righteousness. The unsaved always think that they will get to heaven because they are good or have done something commendable.

Upvote 0