US-Republican

notto

Legend
May 31, 2002
Visit site
✟22,369.00
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
The article mischaracterizes Naral's position. It is abstinence only education that is being opposed. Comprehensive sexual education includes abstinence education but is not limited to it. Abstinence is not under attack. It never has been. Abstinence only education is like having drivers ed that simply consists of the direction to not drive at all with no information about what to do if you decide to drive anyways. I think we can all understand what would be the safer way to educate drivers.

http://www.wanaral.org/s05politicalupdates/newsupdates/200507141.shtml

The party’s promotional materials make clear that what we are opposing is federal funding for abstinence-only until marriage sex education programs, which are receiving millions of dollars every year under the Bush Administration. These programs often contain inaccurate information about health, sexuality and gender roles.

NARAL Pro-Choice Washington supports responsible, comprehensive sex education that includes information about abstinence as well as accurate information about contraception and prevention of sexually transmitted diseases and unintended pregnancy.

Upvote 0

Ave Maria

Ave Maria Gratia Plena
May 31, 2004
Diocese of Evansville, IN
✟108,001.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Law of Loud said:
Sometime within the next few days, could you cite a more objective news source? Something neutral that I can actually believe? At least something that's not spewing bile at ever step?

No offense but I will post articles from whatever source I wish as long as they don't violate CF rules. Whether or not you believe them is your own perogative.

Reactions: Petunia
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.