NanoComposite paper - an environmentally safe battery looking and feeling like paper.

TheReasoner

Former christian, current teapot agnostic.
Mar 14, 2005
Norway
✟29,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
http://www.azonano.com/news.asp?newsID=4710

Carbon nanotubes seem to be the new wonder material. It might be used in the space elevator's tether, and it might - as explained in the article - be used in batteries powered by sweat or blood. Perfect in pacemakers or other implants.
As it is very compact, and is so environmentally safe this is something I really hope hits it off on a large scale.

Amazing stuff.

TheReasoner

Mar 14, 2005
Norway
✟29,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Yeah I believe nanotubes will also be capable of making bulletproof windshields. And when I say bulletproof, I mean the windshield would probably remain mostly intact after taking something like a DU round :p.
That'd be cool. It'd be easy to make the rest of the car from carbon nanotubes, and thus both lightweight and extremely strong.

Yes, Carbon nanotubes can revolutionize a lot.

/me likes :)

Upvote 0

trunks2k

Contributor
Jan 26, 2004
✟270,241.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
They might be particularly useful for computer memory. High capacity, fast, and non volatile. If they are all they're cracked up to be, it could be the end of hard drives and RAM. Working on an important paper and the power suddenly cuts out? No problem. Turn the computer back on and it will be in the exact same state it was left in.

Upvote 0

Vylo

Stick with the King!
Aug 3, 2003
New Jersey
✟203,465.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
They might be particularly useful for computer memory. High capacity, fast, and non volatile. If they are all they're cracked up to be, it could be the end of hard drives and RAM. Working on an important paper and the power suddenly cuts out? No problem. Turn the computer back on and it will be in the exact same state it was left in.
Oh but I so love my 12 + page exploding term papers. Thanks for reminding me why I am glad I'm done with school :p.

Upvote 0

TheReasoner

Mar 14, 2005
Norway
✟29,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Oh but I so love my 12 + page exploding term papers. Thanks for reminding me why I am glad I'm done with school :p.
Hm. For some of us ctrl S/cmd S is as natural as blinking...

I hadn't heard of carbon nanotube based memory. Cooool...

Now, if only somene found an easy and cheap way to produce the materal.

Upvote 0