Dec 19, 2012
✟114,245.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Divorced
Interesting! I'd never seen that before. My question is, if it's all on your FB page anyway, why bother with a hard copy? However, I suppose it could be useful for people in business who want to showcase their work, or give one as a gift to someone who does not have FB. Can you imagine how many volumes someone could end up with?

There is a book in the UK called a Life Book. I think that is a fantastic idea - when I worked in child welfare, I would help the youth put a life book together as they transitioned out of care. Not all of them wanted to do that - it depended on whether their experience was positive or not.

Personally, if there comes a time when I lose my mobility, I would want to start a home based business where I can interview people who want a hard copy of their life book to pass down to their children. I would fill it with humor and seriousness from early childhood all the way through their final years, and focus on the most significant times. I think it would make a great gift!

Upvote 0

ValleyGal

Dec 19, 2012
✟114,245.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Divorced
Actually, I went back and clicked on all the links and created a preview of mine. It's actually kinda cool! I think I am going to start watching what I post, and only post things that I would like in a life book. Then I might actually want to get one. I do think they are amazing gifts for the people in my life - I would love to pay for one for my mom, for my in-laws, etc. (of theirs, not of mine).

If I enjoyed new recipes, I could make a facebook page and post only great recipes. Or if I wanted a terrific photo album of places and people, I could just post those and create an album. Or wise sayings, etc. I think it's a great idea for whatever theme.... pretty fun, actually!

I think I'm going to create a "Willie" page and create an album for my dog, Willie. :)

Upvote 0

Kit Sigmon

May 18, 2016
USA
✟76,189.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I been thinking on it and went an did mine, I like how it have all the comments and stuff with your photos, or your status responses etc...I got some really good photos and saved recipes on my Facebook...I don't post personal stuff that I wouldn't want "out there", my stuff is general life events, church, music, hobbies, travels, tons of photos etc.

Although stuff be on your facebook wall, the books are done by the year an it be easy to get to stuff, no fun scrolling back to find stuff and then the page reloads and get sent back to your current postings had that to happen lots, no fun!

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Interesting idea to make fb into an actual real life book!!

No, I havent bought one as i dont do fb.
But yea you could make one yourself.

What I do is just write in journals but its personal I dont show anyone.
Then i have old school photo albums and write captions using a pen. Lol.
Recipes i just put in a folder.

We did have yearbooks at school (this was before fb got popular) but I never kept mine. I think i kept the school photo and everyone signed my autograph book but that was it. I dont really look back on school years with much fondness!!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

NothingIsImpossible

May 22, 2015
✟274,922.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm happy not having mine made into a book. I look back to 2007 when I joined and I was so different then. Its embarrassing to see that I called myself a christian at the time. Ugh. Thankfully you can change your settings so no one can see that far back now.

Upvote 0

Kit Sigmon

May 18, 2016
USA
✟76,189.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
NothingIsImpossible: I believe all of us are probably different than we were back in 2007, I like seeing those changes reflected on my Facebook wall over the years, and I'm thankful that the Lord convicted me of being so vain.My Facebook now glorifies him more than glorying in myself, what I bought etc....a whole lot less of "I" and more of the Lord, his Word and what he's doing in the lives of others.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Kit Sigmon

May 18, 2016
USA
✟76,189.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I'm getting mysocialbook for an anniversary gift!
I have been going over the like all the years I've been on Facebook and I came across posts from a friend/relative who passed away, it would be a good idea that I go ahead and get the book made because her things be there... her family will be delete her online accounts at any time, they packing up her home and clearing out her storage building etc now.

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Good idea, i considered writing a book or having one made about my friend that passed away, i just have her stuff on bits of paper as she wrote me letters, and emails, i was never on fb with her though.

I did have a fb account but i deleted it.

Upvote 0