Not open for further replies.

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Who would worship a God that would condone owning people as slaves?
The truth is there are no gods just the imaginings of men.
Everyone who gains eternal life worships YHWH.
Those who would not want to worship YHWH,
don't.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Then we know where the problem lies, do we not?

Indeed --the problem is that the Bible condones and supports a practice which modern political correctness forces people to say it rejects.

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟337,230.00
Faith
Pentecostal
We have to be honest here. The OT allowed slavery and allowed people to strike the slave. Plain and simple. God allowed it. If anyone uses these verses to reject Christ and the salvation offered then it is on his own head. Its not our job to defend God Or make,excuses for him. He is God we are not. As a believer in Jesus we are spiritually minded and have the mind of Christ. We proclaim the gospel and are under a New Covenant. The new covenant is different than the old. Blessed be the name of our Lord.

Like I said if someone wants to use the Old Covenant as a reason to reject Christ he will have no excuse on judgement day. For God is God.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
We have to be honest here. The OT allowed slavery and allowed people to strike the slave. Plain and simple. God allowed it. If anyone uses these verses to reject Christ and the salvation offered then it is on his own head. Its not our job to defend God Or make,excuses for him. He is God we are not. As a believer in Jesus we are spiritually minded and have the mind of Christ. We proclaim the gospel and are under a New Covenant. The new covenant is different than the old. Blessed be the name of our Lord.

Like I said if someone wants to use the Old Covenant as a reason to reject Christ he will have no excuse on judgement day. For God is God.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

You still follow the Ten Commandments, however -- so not all of the Old Covenant got discarded...

Upvote 0

Paul Finch

Nov 12, 2016
UK
✟2,052.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

Is that so? do you disregard this?
Matthew 5:18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

Where do you get your morals from? the book that condones slavery?

• Agree
Reactions: CrystalDragon
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.