✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yup. Sad, isn't it?

Luke 23:12 And the same day Pilate and Herod were made friends together: for before they were at enmity between themselves.
"University of Texas ecologist Eric Pianka told a meeting of the Texas Academy of Science that 90 percent of his fellow human beings must die in order to save the planet." http://reason.com/blog/2006/04/03/to-save-the-planet-kill-90-per

Interesting that they want to sacrifice 90% of the people so that 10% can live.
I wonder what standard they will use to decide what 10% lives.

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
"University of Texas ecologist Eric Pianka told a meeting of the Texas Academy of Science that 90 percent of his fellow human beings must die in order to save the planet." http://reason.com/blog/2006/04/03/to-save-the-planet-kill-90-per

Interesting that they want to sacrifice 90% of the people so that 10% can live.
I wonder what standard they will use to decide what 10% lives.

What a shock, the dude presented no data or evidence to support his claim:

"Professor Pianka said the Earth as we know it will not survive without drastic measures. Then, and without presenting any data to justify this number, he asserted that the only feasible solution to saving the Earth is to reduce the population to 10 percent of the present number."

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Correct me if I'm wrong but don't you believe that your God made everything and is responsible for and loves every human on the planet living today? if so why does your God allow 80% of those people to go to hell every generation?
It's one of the reasons I think religions are all complete rubbish.
The Bible says that one third shall be saved of every tongue, tribe, nation and people. In heaven we see the opposite where 1/3 of the engles followed Satan in his rebellion against God. "his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven, and did cast them to the earth:" Rev 12:4

" I will bring the third part through the fire, and will refine them as silver is refined, and will try them as gold is tried: they shall call on my name, and I will hear them: I will say, It is my people: and they shall say, The LORD is my God." Zech 13:9

I believe the Bible teaches annihilation. The people that God does not save will be thrown into the lake of fire - this is the second death and it will be as if they never existed. Even the memory of them will be gone.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ovations, don't replace data and evidence.
Are you undermining the Texas Academy of Science ? I got news for you: 90% of everything alive today is going to perish in a mass extinction. The question is: WHEN? Dr. Eric R. Pianka of the University of Texas is a evolutionary ecologist and lizard expert. I just do not know how you can go wrong with a expert on Lizards.

Some people believe the extinction actually began around 13,000 years ago and we are still a part of that extinction playing itself out over a rather short period of time.

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Are you undermining the Texas Academy of Science ? I got news for you: 90% of everything alive today is going to perish in a mass extinction. The question is: WHEN? Dr. Eric R. Pianka of the University of Texas is a evolutionary ecologist and lizard expert. I just do not know how you can go wrong with a expert on Lizards.

Some people believe the extinction actually began around 13,000 years ago and we are still a part of that extinction playing itself out over a rather short period of time.

When this dude presents any reliable evidence to support his claim, let us know.

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The Bible says that one third shall be saved of every tongue, tribe, nation and people. In heaven we see the opposite where 1/3 of the engles followed Satan in his rebellion against God. "his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven, and did cast them to the earth:" Rev 12:4

" I will bring the third part through the fire, and will refine them as silver is refined, and will try them as gold is tried: they shall call on my name, and I will hear them: I will say, It is my people: and they shall say, The LORD is my God." Zech 13:9

I believe the Bible teaches annihilation. The people that God does not save will be thrown into the lake of fire - this is the second death and it will be as if they never existed. Even the memory of them will be gone.

But, he loves you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And you're good with that? all those people? it's a bit selfish of you isn't it?
I believe one third will be saved. You believe that 100% are going to perish.
Perhaps you do not understand the meaning of eternal life.

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I believe one third will be saved. You believe that 100% are going to perish. Perhaps you do not understand the meaning of eternal life.

But God loves all his creation, doesn't he?

When you can demonstrate anyone has eternal life, let us know.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I wonder why the memories of serial killers, are not all gone?
That is a good question. Why do we remember the very good or the very bad and we forget everyone in between. Perhaps the good are an example to follow and the bad are an example to avoid. Just like there are sins of omission and sins of commision. WE well be held responsable for what we do and for what we do not do that we should have done.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
But God loves all his creation, doesn't he?

When you can demonstrate anyone has eternal life, let us know.
Eternity just helps us to answer some questions and helps us to understand. I do not need eternity to live the Christian life. If this life is all there is the Christian life is still the best life to live. We choose life, health, prosperity and blessings. To many people choose death, sickness, poverty and to live under a curse. This is the choice we are given, and everyone has to make that choice for themselves if they want to abide in the Love of God or not.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There is no such thing as "eternal life" that's just a figment of your imagination, everything dies.
Even if that were true I would still want to live the Christian life for all the benefits I receive here and now. For example I would never give up my loving Christian wife for a women that was not a Christian.

There is no problem if you use your imagination for good. It is when you use your imagination for evil that you will have problems. This is the reason for the flood and why God destroyed the world in the days of Noah.

Genesis 6:5
And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that
every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Even if that were true I would still want to live the Christian life for all the benefits I receive here and now. For example I would never give up my loving Christian wife for a women that was not a Christian.

There is no problem if you use your imagination for good. It is when you use your imagination for evil that you will have problems. This is the reason for the flood and why God destroyed the world in the days of Noah.

Genesis 6:5
And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth,
and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.

What flood?

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
That is a good question. Why do we remember the very good or the very bad and we forget everyone in between. Perhaps the good are an example to follow and the bad are an example to avoid. Just like there are sins of omission and sins of commision. WE well be held responsable for what we do and for what we do not do that we should have done.

It was you who said the memory of these types of people would be gone forever. Want to rethink that one?

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Want to rethink that one?
Do you mean think it through? The Bible talks about the Lake of Fire at the end of the 1,000 year reign of Christ. This is the second death. The scripture we are talking about is in Isaiah 26:14. "The dead will not live, the departed spirits will not rise; Therefore You have punished and destroyed them, And You have wiped out all remembrance of them."

Do you want to continue to look at what Isaiah was saying about this? Clearly we see that these people will be punished and then destroyed. That is why I am an annihilationist because I believe that is what the Bible teaches. The people that are not redeemed will be punished only their punishment can not last any longer then 1,000 years.

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Do you mean think it through? The Bible talks about the Lake of Fire at the end of the 1,000 year reign of Christ. This is the second death. The scripture we are talking about is in Isaiah 26:14. "The dead will not live, the departed spirits will not rise; Therefore You have punished and destroyed them, And You have wiped out all remembrance of them."

Do you want to continue to look at what Isaiah was saying about this? Clearly we see that these people will be punished and then destroyed. That is why I am an annihilationist because I believe that is what the Bible teaches. The people that are not redeemed will be punished only their punishment can not last any longer then 1,000 years.

No, I am addressing what you stated about the memories of certain people completely vanishing. Do you remember that?

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What flood?
Noah's flood. People today are still mocking Noah just like they did in his day when he was building the Ark. Only then the earth was cleansed with water. In our day we will see the earth cleansed with fire. We know from Evolution Science that a remnant always repopulates the earth after a mass extinction. There also is remnant theology but there is no reason to get into that. Some people believe that this extinction actually began around 13,000 years ago.

27 Isaiah cries out concerning Israel: “Though the number of the Israelites is like the sand of the sea, only the remnant will be saved. 28 For the Lord will carry out His sentence on the earth with thoroughness and decisiveness.” 29 It is just as Isaiah predicted: “Unless the Lord of Hosts had left us descendants, we would have become like Sodom, we would have resembled Gomorrah.”… (Romans 9)

Upvote 0