Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Why do you say that the holes in Swiss cheese are "normal"?

I wouldn't bet on it. That's what I would consider "normal"
but some varieties didn't.

I'm not saying the cheese would glow -- I'm saying it would not have the result of bacterial excretions because there were no bacterial excretions.

Maybe. God only need to think for things to be.
If He thought holes were appropriate, that would be so.

Why would you create an Earth too hot to handle? Seems an unnecessary step...

Quite unneeded. But my creation skills would likely leave
the planet uninhabitable for quite some time. It would still be hot
and bubbly during creation week.

But I would do that so my creationist friends could have the "young"
earth they seem to need.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
  • Haha
Reactions: Moral Orel
Upvote 0

Split Rock

Conflation of Blathers
Nov 3, 2003
North Dakota
✟22,466.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
This thread reminds me of my raisin bread challenge.

Except I knew what I was talking about.

Now, what if I made the raisins ex nihilo on Monday and put holes in them like swiss cheese holes? Then I put them in bread I made ex nihilo on Tuesday, and then put the bread into swiss cheese I made ex nihilo on Wednesday. Now, lets say I then typed a note that said I made this stuff all on Thursday and then put the note into a bottle, with the raisin-bread-cheese and threw it into the ocean on Friday. My question is this.... how would you convince your friend that I made blueberry pie ex nihilo on Saturday?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,907,081.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Now, what if I made the raisens ex hihilo on Monday and put holes in them like swiss cheese holes? Then I put them in bread I made ex nihilo on Tuesday, and then put the bread into swiss cheese I made ex nihilo on Wednesday. Now, lets say I then typed a note that said I made this stuff all on Thursday and then put the note into a bottle, with the raisen-bread-cheese and threw it into the ocean on Friday. My question is this.... how would you convince your friend that I made blueberry pie ex nihilo on Saturday?
I couldn't.

But I could maybe convince him you have too much time on your hands. ;)

Upvote 0

selfinflikted

Under Deck
Jul 13, 2006
✟24,014.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Knowing that Swiss cheese has holes in it due to the processes involved in normal production, you could just create your Swiss cheese ex nihilo with holes in it to fool onlookers into believing the cheese was created "normally" so that you can smite them all for being wrong and not having enough faith when you told them you magicked them into being.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Loudmouth

Contributor
Aug 26, 2003
Visit site
✟98,005.00
Faith
Agnostic
Maybe. God only need to think for things to be.
If He thought holes were appropriate, that would be so.

[They say] "We do not know how this is, but we know that God can do it." You poor fools! God can make a cow out of a tree, but has He ever done so? Therefore show some reason why a thing is so, or cease to hold that it is so.--William of Conches

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Loudmouth

Contributor
Aug 26, 2003
Visit site
✟98,005.00
Faith
Agnostic
As part of the opening post . . .

In a wheel of 2 minute old ex nihilo swiss cheese, would you find the bacteria in the cheese that are usually needed to add the flavors to the cheese over long periods of time? Most of the aroma and sharpness of the cheese comes from the waste products of bacteria consuming the sugars lipids in the milk, but that wouldn't be needed for ex nihilo cheese, so should the bacteria be there?

Upvote 0