Nov 3, 2003
North Dakota
✟22,466.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Even though none was generated?

You only say no evidence was generated, because there is none. Rather than accept the obvious conclusion that you are wrong about scripture, you instead insist that there isn't any evidence to find. This then becomes a self-fulfilling prophesy. The more evidence that is missing, the more correct you become, because there is no evidence.

Upvote 0

Queller

I'm where?
May 25, 2012
✟45,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Others
Which one is in the picture? Hello? I have never seen that feature on earth.
I already answered your question here;

It's a graphic representation of the Chicxulub Crater. The original source is here.

If you Google "Chicxulub Crater" or "Yucatan Crater" and check out the images, there are plenty of pics.

Upvote 0

Loudmouth

Contributor
Aug 26, 2003
Visit site
✟98,005.00
Faith
Agnostic
Nothing happened to anyone in Russia recently....

That was a tiny meteor.

The meteor that created the extinction event at the K/T boundary was 5 miles across. It was about the same size as Mt. Everest. For the brief moment that the meteor touched the Earth it was the tallest mountain on the Earth. The one that struck Russia just recently was only about 20 meters across. They aren't comparable.

The K/T event wasn't even the largest impact. There were larger ones, and numerous ones.

Upvote 0

lasthero

Jul 30, 2013
✟229,457.00
Faith
Seeker
That was a tiny meteor.

The meteor that created the extinction event at the K/T boundary was 5 miles across. It was about the same size as Mt. Everest. For the brief moment that the meteor touched the Earth it was the tallest mountain on the Earth. The one that struck Russia just recently was only about 20 meters across. They aren't comparable.

The K/T event wasn't even the largest impact. There were larger ones, and numerous ones.

The reason I like this argument is because it really sort of covers all the bases. It doesn't rely on dating or anything - though that can help the point - but just on what we know about meteors.

We have a bunch of craters. The only thing we know of that makes craters like this are meteor impacts. From what we know, we can make pretty safe estimates on the destruction such impacts would create.

If the Earth is old, that's not a big deal. These sort of impacts rarely happen, and the reason we find so many is because the Earth is old. One or two happening every few million years isn't enough to cause global extinction. The Earth has time to recover, it's fine.

If the Earth is young, though, that's a problem. Clearly, the Earth hasn't been bombarded by these meteors since humans started recording things - it's not mentioned at all in the Bible, or any ancient text. What's more, if you take Genesis literally, you have to shoehorn in these devastating impacts somewhere. It couldn't have been before the fall, because that was supposed to be paradise. It couldn't have happened before the flood, because that would have killed what few humans were around at the time, and there wouldn't need to be a flood. That leaves you with it happening during the flood, and having all those impacts in a single year would kill Noah and just about everything on the planet except for a few bacteria.

The only creationist explanation I've seen is trying to argue that all those craters are not, in fact, craters, they're created by some strange event in the Earth, but even the creationist I read trying to make that argument admitted it was sketchy, at best.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,896,893.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
If the Earth is young, though, that's a problem. Clearly, the Earth hasn't been bombarded by these meteors since humans started recording things - it's not mentioned at all in the Bible, or any ancient text. What's more, if you take Genesis literally, you have to shoehorn in these devastating impacts somewhere. It couldn't have been before the fall, because that was supposed to be paradise. It couldn't have happened before the flood, because that would have killed what few humans were around at the time, and there wouldn't need to be a flood. That leaves you with it happening during the flood, and having all those impacts in a single year would kill Noah and just about everything on the planet except for a few bacteria.
Unless a cosmic battle took place in Adam's time.

Angels throwing meteors (or whatever) back and forth, some hitting the earth, some hitting the moon.

Or perhaps the fallen angels went on a rampage, peppering God's creation with "pellet guns."

Look at the moon.

All shot-up.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single

Which Adam didn't think was important enough to mention.

Angels throwing meteors (or whatever) back and forth, some hitting the earth, some hitting the moon.

Or perhaps the fallen angels went on a rampage, peppering God's creation with "pellet guns."

And what would they gain from throwing meteors in pre-fall creation, AV? Death? Destruction?

Do you even bother to think before coming up with this nonsense?

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,896,893.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Which Adam didn't think was important enough to mention.
How do you know he didn't mention it?

Did God preserve everything Adam wrote, or just what God told him to write?
TLK Valentine said:
And what would they gain from throwing meteors in pre-fall creation, AV? Death? Destruction?
Defacement.

Upvote 0

Loudmouth

Contributor
Aug 26, 2003
Visit site
✟98,005.00
Faith
Agnostic

Look at the moon.

All shot-up.

AV's bible must be huge with all of the stories he feels he needs to insert into it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,896,893.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
AV's bible must be huge with all of the stories he feels he needs to insert into it.
John 21:25 And there are also many other things which Jesus did, the which, if they should be written every one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that should be written. Amen.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
How do you know he didn't mention it?

Because it wasn't mentioned by him. Obvious, really.

Really, AV -- think, then ask.

Did God preserve everything Adam wrote, or just what God told him to write?Defacement.

You tell me, AV -- you're the one making up this nonsense.

Upvote 0

Loudmouth

Contributor
Aug 26, 2003
Visit site
✟98,005.00
Faith
Agnostic
John 21:25 And there are also many other things which Jesus did, the which, if they should be written every one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that should be written. Amen.

So that gives you the right to just make stuff up, and pretend that it comes from the Bible?

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,896,893.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Because it wasn't mentioned by him.
You where there? all 950 years of his life? you know everything Adam mentioned and didn't mention?

Is this another one of those, "AV, you have never said [whatever]" shot-in-the-dark assertions?

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single

Irrelevant, as Jesus didn't do anything being discussed here.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
You where there? all 950 years of his life? you know everything Adam mentioned and didn't mention?

Apparently you were -- so tell us when he mentioned it.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,896,893.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Apparently you were -- so tell us when he mentioned it.
It's interesting that you say it's "obvious" that Adam didn't mention it.

Yet I claim that if he did, it wasn't preserved.

You're trying to get me to use the same word you used ("obviously"), so you can play this trump card, I take it?

If you think it's obvious that Adam didn't say it, you back it up.

Take your own medicine.

Upvote 0

Loudmouth

Contributor
Aug 26, 2003
Visit site
✟98,005.00
Faith
Agnostic
It's interesting that you say it's "obvious" that Adam didn't mention it.

Yet I claim that if he did, it wasn't preserved.

You're trying to get me to use the same word you used ("obviously"), so you can play this trump card, I take it?

If you think it's obvious that Adam didn't say it, you back it up.

Take your own medicine.

Adam said that AV1611VET is making stuff up. If you think I am wrong, then prove Adam didn't say it.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,896,893.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Adam said that AV1611VET is making stuff up.
I can prove I didn't make up the story of a cosmic battle.

Can you prove your assertion?

(Or are you making it up that I'm making it up?)

Upvote 0