Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I create this guy ex nihilo:

5092698-melting-depressed-snowman-with-tophat-cartoon-comic-illustration.jpg

Immediately true or false: he is partially melted?

Reactions: Sadiegrl
J

Jazer

I create this guy ex nihilo:
I am not real comfortable with the concept of nothing. Even to say something comes from nothing is nonsense. The Bible talks about things we can not see, but that does not mean nothing.

"While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal." 2 cor 4 18

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Split Rock

Conflation of Blathers
Nov 3, 2003
North Dakota
✟22,466.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I am not real comfortable with the concept of nothing. Even to say something comes from nothing is nonsense. The Bible talks about things we can not see, but that does not mean nothing.

Wow... I agree with you again! Even GEN 1 doesn't start with nothing.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,907,063.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Silly, you have to ex nihilo the snow first.
Nope -- North Pole, middle of the Sahara, or in the Mariana Trench, it doesn't matter.

I will admit though, I almost came back and changed it to ex materia, but chose to leave it as is.

Genesis 1, vis-a-vis McGraw-Hill 1, is about as out-of-place as a roller skater at a figure skating exhibition.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,907,063.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I'm pretty sure nobody would create that hat ex nihilo. Surely your taste isn't that bad, AV. I mean, you could create ANY HAT YOU WANT and you chose that one? Nah. Just...Nah.
Okay ... I'll give you a point for that one -- :thumbsup:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,907,063.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I am not real comfortable with the concept of nothing.
Not too many people are, and it causes them to err, in my opinion.

As I said, I almost changed it to ex materia, since Adam & Eve were created ex materia, not ex nihilo, but decided against it.
Even to say something comes from nothing is nonsense.
Yup -- :thumbsup:

Isaiah 55:8 For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD.

Upvote 0
J

Jazer

Not too many people are, and it causes them to err, in my opinion.
Perhaps that is why they say to error is human. We know that Science is filled with error. Although Science is considered to have less human error because of the scientific method they use. The only thing I know free from error is the Bible. God watches over His Word to do and to perform what He says He will do. So the Bible remains true. Generation after generation finds the Bible to be true for them in the time they live.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,907,063.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Perhaps that is why they say to error is human.
I know, but won't you agree that it takes a scientist to err over nothing -- :doh:

I mean, a little child is not going to understand the concept of ex nihilo -- but even new converts can understand nothing.

It takes someone with a real education to misunderstand nothing.

Luke 10:21 In that hour Jesus rejoiced in spirit, and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes: even so, Father; for so it seemed good in thy sight.

Fedex - even for MBA graduates - YouTube

Upvote 0

Mr Strawberry

Jan 20, 2012
Great Britain
✟12,542.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
I know, but won't you agree that it takes a scientist to err over nothing -- :doh:

I mean, a little child is not going to understand the concept of ex nihilo -- but even new converts can understand nothing.

It takes someone with a real education to misunderstand nothing.

Luke 10:21 In that hour Jesus rejoiced in spirit, and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes: even so, Father; for so it seemed good in thy sight.

Fedex - even for MBA graduates - YouTube

I think creationists are the only people I've ever met who think education, knowledge and intelligence are a disadavantage.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,907,063.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I think creationists are the only people I've ever met who think education, knowledge and intelligence are a disadavantage.
And I think atheists & scientists are two types of people who show us right.

Upvote 0