My Prayer Corner

H

HalupkiMonster

I don't believe that there is a thread for this. If there is, forgive me for making this one.

I wanted to share with you a picture of my little Church.

1493259_10202701601200532_763978399_n.jpg

Left to right, on the wall, I have St. Antony, Fr. Seraphim Rose, Romanov Martyrs, Theotokos of Vlodymyr, Christ, St. Tikhon of Moscow (my patron.)

Leaning, we have Archangel Michael (a temporary magnet until I can find a proper icon,) St. Petka (my absolute favorite saint and personal intercessor on many occasions,) my guardian angel, St. Mary of Egypt, St. Silouan the Athonite, and St. Nikolai of Zica.

When I first converted, I had an entire wall covered with icons. I ordered or printed every icon I liked the look of, knowing nothing of at least 50% of the people portrayed. I bought hanging lamps, used incense, had a 300 knot prayer rope. I was pretty naive about what asceticism really is for a beginner.

I have since given most away as gifts. Over my last 6 years of practicing Orthodoxy (and, indeed, Christianity,) there have been several saints that have really come forward as intercessors for me. I have become so close to them. I affectionately refer to them in my head as my "dream team." We have a special relationship, and will always be together. I really love how my icon corner has evolved from when I first converted. It is much more personal, and much more of a little Church. (I have pictures of my first prayer corner, though I'm too embarrassed to have them up here!)

So, this is my prayer corner. I hope you've enjoyed your tour.

I took these from FB. If they're too large, I'll downsize them. Please be patient with me. :)

-HalupkiMonster

Last edited: