My pastor & I are sexually attracted to each other. But I don't want to leave my chur

Wildputycat

Jan 27, 2007
✟7,667.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
jsimms- You're right. I DO need to take responsibility. I need to start respecting my minister's wife and find a new church.
ExtremeDays- I have asked for forgiveness for my lusting and also asked him to take it away. I really do hope that God will help find me a good church to go to. Thank you for your good advice and prayers. I appreciate it very much.
FrauleinElsa- Your advice and everything sounds so believable. I never thought of this before. I really AM a dumb blonde. You can see it but I can't. I'm still not 100% convinced. Maybe I just don't WANT to believe this story. That's it. You're not the only one telling me I should leave. I already have another church in mind. Heehee. Thanks for writing.

Upvote 0

Wildputycat

Jan 27, 2007
✟7,667.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
SimmeringAbsolute- I can sense it by the way he touches me, hugs me, smiles at me and talks to me.
Bliz- I had four or five demons leave me the first day of the exorcisms and I had the holy spirit in me then.
Moriah- I should have said that I wasn't completely sure if this demon was from my relationship with my boyfriend or because of my lust with my pastor. At first I was almost convinced it was with my beau though. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Upvote 0

Moriah_Conquering_Wind

Mar 6, 2006
✟34,164.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Wildputycat, I knew from the very beginning when you first posted on that other thread exactly what was going on. I could see it in my spirit as plain as I can see these words on the computer screen. However, it's not the kind of thing one can post outright about someone else because then it would sound like an accusation. If you will recall, my earlier posts on that other thread (before the debate broke out) were subtly aimed at trying to get you to speak up and state it outright yourself.

Hopefully you now have insight into what is REALLY going on. And 'puty -- it's not a demon. Look up the psychological term "displacement" sometime. Then think about what purpose all this activity presumably centered upon "demons" and "exorcism" really serves for both you and your "minister" in terms of libido, attraction, and forbidden lust.

Reactions: seajoy
Upvote 0

FrauleinElsa

Veni,Veni Emanuel...
Sep 19, 2005
Highland Park, Texas
✟4,196.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
FrauleinElsa- Your advice and everything sounds so believable. I never thought of this before. I really AM a dumb blonde. You can see it but I can't. I'm still not 100% convinced. Maybe I just don't WANT to believe this story. That's it. You're not the only one telling me I should leave. I already have another church in mind. Heehee. Thanks for writing.

Hi,

I pray that you are able to "see" the truth. I don't think you're dumb. I think sometimes we see what we want to see. But I have experience with manipulative guys and faulty doctrines. I've been through it and I see some of what I went through in your post. I just know that if you were get out of that situation and in a healthy enviroment that you would start to feel so much better. What I said in my post was only out of concern. I care about you and just pray that you will see the truth of what is going here. I really don't think he has your best interests at heart. I could be wrong, but that's what I feel and I feel it strongly.

Blessings,
Elsa

Reactions: Goltzy
Upvote 0

rocklife

Senior Veteran
Apr 4, 2004
✟18,086.00
Faith
Christian
Bubba, Hi. I told him I had feelings for him several months ago, he told me to ask for forgiveness and give it to God. Then asked again later and I said things were better. I wasn't lying. Before, I was COMPLETELY OBSESSED over the guy (since the first day I (the demon) laid eyes on him during my 1st exorcism last fall).
It's nice we have something in common with each other (sort of, hee hee). Thanks for the verse.

Rocklife- Thanks for writing. I do have the bible on tape. I just can't comprehend the words for some reason. They go in one ear and out the other. I think about the pastor all the time now instead of my exboyfriend who is trying to get me to come back to him (he doesn't know I'm obsessed w/my pastor though). I'll just keep praying and bringing this to Jesus like you said.
others here have good advice.

with bible study, you do need to have bible study that you understand. which ever way that is, first prayers. I recommend sticking with new Testament, and prayerfully doing what it says. you should probably focus on Jesus before getting involved with any more men and dating. and control your lust, get away from this man if it is too much lust. it doesn't seem you have a strong woman christian support? maybe the next fellowship bible study should be a women's bible study, many churches have those. and just let Jesus (the bible one), be your husband and comforter. be a doer of His word, and respect others (and their marriages).

Upvote 0

bliz

Contributor
Jun 5, 2004
Here
✟14,830.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Let me be really direct so that there is no confusion.

This is a sick relationship between you and your pastor. He is actually encouraging a relationship that he should be discouraging. I can only think that he is "exorcising" demons that aren't there to gain power for himself, but in the process he is using you.

Please stay away from him and this church.

Upvote 0

Wildputycat

Jan 27, 2007
✟7,667.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Cyberpaladan- Hi. My minister started hugging me when we first met. I thought that's how he hugs everyone. When he asked me the confess all me sins aloud in front of him and the other 2 guys I said I was obsessed over him. That's when he stopped hugging me. Now he only gives me half hugs with one shoulder.
Rocklife- my exboyfriend is helping me get into a bible study with his church. Either that or I'm thinking of getting in with another church I'm thinking about.
Bliz- Why does this have to be sooo hard. I do love him so much as a brother in Christ as he always tells me he loves me too. It is as hard to leave him as it is to leave a boyfriend it seems. Now that is sick. Why does it have to be this hard?

OK- my boyfriend (my ex) just informed me that he's calling the head of the Lutheran church today to suspend him from the church. Then I'll be able to go back to that church because I have such good family there. Won't that be good. I'll still miss him (my minister) severely so.

Upvote 0

janny108

Feb 7, 2005
Arizona
Visit site
✟16,224.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
SimmeringAbsolute- I can sense it by the way he touches me, hugs me, smiles at me and talks to me.
Bliz- I had four or five demons leave me the first day of the exorcisms and I had the holy spirit in me then.
Moriah- I should have said that I wasn't completely sure if this demon was from my relationship with my boyfriend or because of my lust with my pastor. At first I was almost convinced it was with my beau though. Sorry for the misunderstanding.
You know I got to thinking more about this; our pastor from our old church(before we moved) would Never counsel with women. So a woman's ministry started where women counsel other women.
Jan

Upvote 0

janny108

Feb 7, 2005
Arizona
Visit site
✟16,224.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Let me be really direct so that there is no confusion.

This is a sick relationship between you and your pastor. He is actually encouraging a relationship that he should be discouraging. I can only think that he is "exorcising" demons that aren't there to gain power for himself, but in the process he is using you.

Please stay away from him and this church.
Who knows maybe he's felt similar feelings towards other women?
Jan

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Elijah2

No weapons formed against me will prosper.
Aug 15, 2006
Australia
✟26,096.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
You mean to us that your pastor counsels you by himself and he has no assistant with him when counselling you. That is WRONG!

Yes, the spirit of lust is strong within you. Back off before you destroy yourself and the pastor.

When situations get like this, you are becoming in control and not the Holy Spirit.

You know what the problem is, it's time you went to another church.

Upvote 0

seajoy

Senior Veteran
Jul 5, 2006
michigan
✟19,053.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Wildputycat, I knew from the very beginning when you first posted on that other thread exactly what was going on. I could see it in my spirit as plain as I can see these words on the computer screen. However, it's not the kind of thing one can post outright about someone else because then it would sound like an accusation. If you will recall, my earlier posts on that other thread (before the debate broke out) were subtly aimed at trying to get you to speak up and state it outright yourself.

Hopefully you now have insight into what is REALLY going on. And 'puty -- it's not a demon. Look up the psychological term "displacement" sometime. Then think about what purpose all this activity presumably centered upon "demons" and "exorcism" really serves for both you and your "minister" in terms of libido, attraction, and forbidden lust.
Excellent post. My thoughts exactly. It's time to get professional, Christian counseling. You need help, but not the kind you are getting from this man.
What is happening here is not good.

"Resist the devil and he will flee from you." God's Word is true.

Find a new church and counselor.

Upvote 0

Wildputycat

Jan 27, 2007
✟7,667.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Yes, I'll change churches and no longer see this minister. I see how dangerous this is. I need to respect him as a minister and his wife also. Thanks for all your posts. You've finally convinced me. But, boy, this is going to be tough. Thanks for everyone's advice and encouragement. I definately needed it to get through this.

Upvote 0

FrauleinElsa

Veni,Veni Emanuel...
Sep 19, 2005
Highland Park, Texas
✟4,196.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Yes, I'll change churches and no longer see this minister. I see how dangerous this is. I need to respect him as a minister and his wife also. Thanks for all your posts. You've finally convinced me. But, boy, this is going to be tough. Thanks for everyone's advice and encouragement. I definately needed it to get through this.

Yes, you're right. It is going to be tough. I've been through it, recently in fact. I know that it's hard to leave where you had so many wonderful memories and people you love. It can be a lonely feeling looking for a new church. For me, it feels like I left all of my friends behind. But I got through it and am still getting through it and you can too. You just need support. And we'll be here to help you along. I'm glad that you made the choice to leave. PM me anytime if you need to talk.

Elsa

Upvote 0