My pastor & I are sexually attracted to each other. But I don't want to leave my chur

Wildputycat

Jan 27, 2007
✟7,667.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
What can I do. I like my minister so much. But he is married. He is also my exorcist. This last demon just WILL NOT GO. I have a feeling it won't go because it's a demon of lust because of US. I love it when he touches me, when he's so close to me and when he talks so nice to me. I just wished so much he wasn't married. I don't want to have to leave this church to get away from this obsession. And I want to get rid of this demon too but how? I'm wondering, is the demon causing the obssession (the lust) or did the obssession (lust is a sin) cause the demon to appear? I think mayb the first part. But what needs to go first? The lust or the demon? and how? My exboyfriend whom I just broke up with, his pastor is also an exorcist from Africa. He helped with one of mine before. My beau thought that my minister was getting too close to me and didn't like the way he was exorcising me so he went to the other exorcist's church. I could try him if I HAD too. Does anybody have any advice for me?

Bubba1301

Mar 14, 2006
St. Louis, Missouri
Visit site
✟8,783.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
First question... Have you talked with him about how you feel? If not, then I suggest that you do. Also, in order to remain respectful, try to avoid situations in which you and he are alone - helping to lessen the temptation. This one is kind of "duh", but spend lots of time in prayer and communication with God.

I am going through a similar, but not as extreme situation as yourself. There are a number of my female friends with whom I am very attracted, but I know deep down that nothing good will come of indulging in the desires. So I have to force myself daily to refrain from indulging. Similarly, Paul describes having to beat his own flesh into submission.

In 2 Corinthians 12 Paul is describing how there was a "thorn in his flesh" from Satan to torment Him. The lesson that Paul needed to learn is described in verses 8 - 10... Paul needed to learn to depend upon God for strength, encouragement and protection.

Upvote 0

rocklife

Senior Veteran
Apr 4, 2004
✟18,086.00
Faith
Christian
I advise you to not spend much time alone with this person, maybe even start distancing yourself. these feelings can quickly turn into inappropriate actions, and he is married, so you should try to cool yourself down now, prayerfully.

Jesus can work in you without putting you in a position of temptation. if this is too much, you need to take the hint and back away, and continue in daily bible study in your own personal time, you don't need to bible study with others if they are distracting you too much.

stop entertaining thoughts of this person, and maybe get a bible tapes with walkmen. do something to change your thinking.

Upvote 0

rocklife

Senior Veteran
Apr 4, 2004
✟18,086.00
Faith
Christian
First question... Have you talked with him about how you feel? If not, then I suggest that you do.
I don't know if that is needed, and actually could make it worse if this man is not upright or is himself too weak (the title of this thread says this married pastor is also attracted to her, he should not be putting himself out like that, he needs self control and to love his wife). I really believe backing away and then turning more to Jesus is needed. you can find Jesus in private times too, don't always need others.
Also, in order to remain respectful, try to avoid situations in which you and he are alone - helping to lessen the temptation. This one is kind of "duh", but spend lots of time in prayer and communication with God.
well said

Upvote 0

Wildputycat

Jan 27, 2007
✟7,667.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Bubba, Hi. I told him I had feelings for him several months ago, he told me to ask for forgiveness and give it to God. Then asked again later and I said things were better. I wasn't lying. Before, I was COMPLETELY OBSESSED over the guy (since the first day I (the demon) laid eyes on him during my 1st exorcism last fall).
It's nice we have something in common with each other (sort of, hee hee). Thanks for the verse.

Rocklife- Thanks for writing. I do have the bible on tape. I just can't comprehend the words for some reason. They go in one ear and out the other. I think about the pastor all the time now instead of my exboyfriend who is trying to get me to come back to him (he doesn't know I'm obsessed w/my pastor though). I'll just keep praying and bringing this to Jesus like you said.

Upvote 0

Lumen

Oct 16, 2006
✟8,905.00
Faith
Christian
What can I do. I like my minister so much. But he is married. He is also my exorcist. This last demon just WILL NOT GO. I have a feeling it won't go because it's a demon of lust because of US. I love it when he touches me, when he's so close to me and when he talks so nice to me. I just wished so much he wasn't married. I don't want to have to leave this church to get away from this obsession. And I want to get rid of this demon too but how? I'm wondering, is the demon causing the obssession (the lust) or did the obssession (lust is a sin) cause the demon to appear? I think mayb the first part. But what needs to go first? The lust or the demon? and how? My exboyfriend whom I just broke up with, his pastor is also an exorcist from Africa. He helped with one of mine before. My beau thought that my minister was getting too close to me and didn't like the way he was exorcising me so he went to the other exorcist's church. I could try him if I HAD too. Does anybody have any advice for me?

It's not a demon.

Upvote 0

Lumen

Oct 16, 2006
✟8,905.00
Faith
Christian
Bubba, Hi. I told him I had feelings for him several months ago, he told me to ask for forgiveness and give it to God. Then asked again later and I said things were better. I wasn't lying. Before, I was COMPLETELY OBSESSED over the guy (since the first day I (the demon) laid eyes on him during my 1st exorcism last fall).
It's nice we have something in common with each other (sort of, hee hee). Thanks for the verse.

Rocklife- Thanks for writing. I do have the bible on tape. I just can't comprehend the words for some reason. They go in one ear and out the other. I think about the pastor all the time now instead of my exboyfriend who is trying to get me to come back to him (he doesn't know I'm obsessed w/my pastor though). I'll just keep praying and bringing this to Jesus like you said.

Ask forgiveness? For what? You haven't done anything wrong!

Upvote 0

tapero

Legend
Supporter
Apr 14, 2004
Visit site
✟88,544.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Hi there hon,

I was obsessed once with a pastor, and I would recommend that you run, and run fast. Nothing came of it, but I couldnt' believe how obsessed I was, and he responded in kind.

God says to flee in the bible.

You wrote that listening on tape is hard. I agree.

Hopefully you can get a bible that you like. Some start with a version that used to be called the Good News Bible, it's more in story form. Then after awhile, you move up to another version, like the New International Version or New King James.

It helps alot to be able to understand what your reading and I read the good news bible for a year or two before swiching to the NIV.

Well, do run friend. I really think that would be best.

Blessings, Tapero

Upvote 0

janny108

Feb 7, 2005
Arizona
Visit site
✟16,224.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
I don't know if that is needed, and actually could make it worse if this man is not upright or is himself too weak (the title of this thread says this married pastor is also attracted to her, he should not be putting himself out like that, he needs self control and to love his wife). I really believe backing away and then turning more to Jesus is needed. you can find Jesus in private times too, don't always need others.
well said
Yeah, I left a church I was in because I found myself attracted to the music minister. My husband did not care for the church anyhow.
Jan

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

jsimms615

Supporter
Jul 21, 2006
✟143,480.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm not sure why you are blaming all your issues on demons. Lust is of the flesh it doesn't come from demons. You have to take personal responsibility for yourself and your thoughts and quit blaming demons or anything else. Respect the pastors marriage and go to a church where you can worship instead of lusting after him.

Upvote 0

ExtremeDays

May 30, 2005
✟8,345.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I totally agree with others who said leave the church:thumbsup:
It's not worth getting yourself into some serious trouble
(spiritual and otherwise).God will help you find another church and other people (especially women when it has to do with sexual sin) to help counsel/minister to you.
This should be done right away, so as not to give anymore opportunities. If this pastor is really of Jesus, he will understand this is a wise thing to do. If he disagrees about this, I think that makes things even more suspicious.

Someone said you haven't done anything wrong, that isn't true, you have.It just adds to it that he is married. Don't beat yourself over the head about it though, just repent.
Ask Jesus to forgive you-
(grace isn't just about saying sorry to God, it's about Him giving us the power to change. I know, I used to be Lutheran myself;) )
and to change your heart, to help you get rid of any lust there.

You really do need a good church/ministry where some women who love Jesus, can counsel,minister and mentor you...especially considering all the things you have been through and the issues you have.

You know, it really doesn't matter if a demon or lust came first, what matters is that you give this lust over to God,repent of it and ask God to direct your desires toward Him (and maybe if he has someone for you to be married to He will work that out for you in his own time).

God has been drawing you closer to Him, keep yielding:wave:
It seems you have come so far already, praise God:clap:

Still praying for you!:prayer:

Upvote 0

FrauleinElsa

Veni,Veni Emanuel...
Sep 19, 2005
Highland Park, Texas
✟4,196.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I'm not sure why you are blaming all your issues on demons. Lust is of the flesh it doesn't come from demons. You have to take personal responsibility for yourself and your thoughts and quit blaming demons or anything else. Respect the pastors marriage and go to a church where you can worship instead of lusting after him.

Hi,

I don’t mean any offence but you’re 36 and you’re asking these questions? I’m like 10 years younger than you and I can totally see what’s going on here. Your pastor is attracted to you and that’s probably why he wanted you break up with your boyfriend. You are not demon possessed. But if you continue to be obsessed with the topic you could in the very least be oppressed by demons. You need to leave that church. Your pastor is either a control freak or is attracted to you or both. He wants to keep you thinking that you are possessed and that the demon won’t leave because he knows that once “you’re better” you won’t need him anymore. It’s time to leave that church. It sounds un-Biblical and unhealthy. Remember what the scriptures say: “Resist the devil and he will flee from you.” You need to leave. Now. Run, don’t walk because staying there will not do you any good and if you stay, well it could just get worse. You don’t want to be the cause of ruining or breaking up someone’s marriage do you? I had to leave a church because my best friend’s husband hit on me. I chose to leave to prevent anything from happening. You need to leave. And I agree that you need to stop blaming your problems on demons and take responsibility for your own mistakes and problems.

In love,
Elsa

Upvote 0

Wildputycat

Jan 27, 2007
✟7,667.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Lumen, he said to ask for forgiveness for having those feelings towards him. What makes you think it's not a demon?
Tapero, thanks for sharing your similar story. I wished there was something else I could do besides run. Thanks for the advice.
Janny, thanks for sharing your story as well. I hope you found a better church.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Lumen

Oct 16, 2006
✟8,905.00
Faith
Christian
Lumen, he said to ask for forgiveness for having those feelings towards him. What makes you think it's not a demon?
Tapero, thanks for sharing your similar story. I wished there was something else I could do besides run. Thanks for the advice.
Janny, thanks for sharing your story as well. I hope you found a better church.

Again I ask, why ask forgiveness? Those feelings are perfectly natural, you haven't acted on them, no sin has taken place.

Upvote 0

bliz

Contributor
Jun 5, 2004
Here
✟14,830.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
First, if we are Christians we have the Holy Spirit living within us. While Scripture does not specifically discuss the matter, it seems rather unlikely that a demon can reside within us when God is within us. So...

... I have serious doubts about you ever being demon posessed in the first place... so it makes me wonder what you pastor is up to performing an exorcism.

So, aside from your having way more than a crush on him (you are wishing his wife did not exist!) I think he's into some strange activitiies... it is way past time to pack your bags and get thee to another church.

Upvote 0

Moriah_Conquering_Wind

Mar 6, 2006
✟34,164.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

I'm confused -- I thought in another thread here you said your pastor told you the last demon (of lust) had entered you due to your relationship with your boyfriend.

You've got half the story here in this thread and the other half over there in another thread. I think if you shared the whole thing at once it might have helped people on both threads give you better advice.

Just a thought.
:wave:

Upvote 0

Moriah_Conquering_Wind

Mar 6, 2006
✟34,164.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I don’t mean any offence but you’re 36 and you’re asking these questions? I’m like 10 years younger than you and I can totally see what’s going on here. Your pastor is attracted to you and that’s probably why he wanted you break up with your boyfriend. You are not demon possessed. But if you continue to be obsessed with the topic you could in the very least be oppressed by demons. You need to leave that church. Your pastor is either a control freak or is attracted to you or both. He wants to keep you thinking that you are possessed and that the demon won’t leave because he knows that once “you’re better” you won’t need him anymore. It’s time to leave that church. It sounds un-Biblical and unhealthy. Remember what the scriptures say: “Resist the devil and he will flee from you.” You need to leave. Now. Run, don’t walk because staying there will not do you any good and if you stay, well it could just get worse. You don’t want to be the cause of ruining or breaking up someone’s marriage do you? I had to leave a church because my best friend’s husband hit on me. I chose to leave to prevent anything from happening. You need to leave. And I agree that you need to stop blaming your problems on demons and take responsibility for your own mistakes and problems.

Amen -- what she said. :amen:

Upvote 0