My Next Apple Challenge

46AND2

Forty six and two are just ahead of me...
Sep 5, 2012
Vancouver, WA
✟102,103.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
It is a mute point sense no one has come up with anything to disprove the Bible. First they would have to put some effort into the attempt and they are simply not willing to do that. Next they would have to produce something more than a strawman. Third they would have to demonstrate that they know what the truth is.

No, it's not a moot point, as I already have evidence that what I said is true. When you previously asked this question, I brought up the fact that the Bible describes two dates for the birth of Jesus which are separated by a decade...and you ignored it.

Likewise, someone else brought up the failed prophecy of Tyre, and you changed the subject.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Bible describes two dates for the birth of Jesus which are separated by a decade
The 2,000 Year anniversary of when Jesus died on the cross as cavalry will be Friday April 13, 2029. We know when Jesus was born. Bishop Ussher figured it out 400 years ago. The Bible dates are very accurate and very precise as any dispensationalism can tell you. There maybe problems with the Gregorian calendar but the Bible goes by the Hebrew Calendar. Kind of amazing that Moses developed a calendar over 3400 years ago that is still more accurate then the calendar that we use today.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,896,428.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Kind of amazing that Moses developed a calendar over 3400 years ago that is still more accurate then the calendar that we use today.
That's probably because scientists changed "Archalaeus" (sp?) to "Quinirius (sp?) and the Star to a comet, and ended up confusing themselves.

As usual.

Then they want us to sort it out for them, while they run in denial mode. :doh:

Upvote 0

Nicky Blass

Jul 22, 2016
Wales
✟322.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
The 2,000 Year anniversary of when Jesus died on the cross as cavalry will be Friday April 13, 2029. We know when Jesus was born. Bishop Ussher figured it out 400 years ago. The Bible dates are very accurate and very precise as any dispensationalism can tell you. There maybe problems with the Gregorian calendar but the Bible goes by the Hebrew Calendar. Kind of amazing that Moses developed a calendar over 3400 years ago that is still more accurate then the calendar that we use today.
Yes it is amazing, so amazing that it sounds almost impossible to believe, please remind me, when was Jesus born?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That's probably because scientists changed "Archalaeus" (sp?) to "Quinirius (sp?) and the Star to a comet, and ended up confusing themselves.

As usual.

Yes, that pretty well sums it all up.

Bishop Ussher sorted it out for them in 1625. No one has been able to improve upon the work he did. We can only verify the work he did. Moses was given all of God's plan of salvation and no one can add anything to that. The Old Covenant looks forward to the work Jesus would do at Calvery, the New Covenant looks back to what Jesus did for us at Calvery.

Reactions: AV1611VET
Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes it is amazing, so amazing that it sounds almost impossible to believe, please remind me in which year was Jesus born?
Jesus was born in 4 BC, He died at calvary right before Passover in 29 AD when he was 33 years old. The Church began on Pentecost 50 days later. Peter was preaching that day. Pentecost in the year 2029 will be the 2,000 year anniversary (birthday) of the Church. Also known as the church age or the age of grace or the Holy Spirit dispensation.

"After two days will he revive us: in the third day he will raise us up" Hosea 6:2

Last edited:
Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single

As usual.

That only makes sense if scientists wrote your precious KJV.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
How do you know that?

How many Hebrew words are in Isaiah 55:11?

In all fairness, it's the latest possible year he could've been born, if the Bible's account is to have any veracity.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,896,428.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
That only makes sense if scientists wrote your precious KJV.
The world has been rewriting It for years, and scientists still don't get It.

As soon as it hits the word "God," they go 404.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
The world has been rewriting It for years, and scientists still don't get It.

As soon as it hits the word "God," they go 404.

You worship it, and you don't even get it. So let's not pretend "getting it" is your goal.

Meanwhile, your God is still trying to pass off counterfeit iPads as real ones, is He not?

Upvote 0

Nicky Blass

Jul 22, 2016
Wales
✟322.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Jesus was born in 4 BC, He died at calvary right before Passover in 29 AD when he was 33 years old. The Church began on Pentecost 50 days later. Peter was preaching that day. Pentecost in the year 2029 will be the 2,000 year anniversary (birthday) of the Church.
How come historians don't know all of that?

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How do you know that?
Josephus records an eclipse of the moon just before Herod passed on. This occurred on March 12th or 13th in 4 B.C. Josephus also tells us that Herod expired just before Passover. This feast took place on April 11th, in the same year, 4 B.C. From other details supplied by Josephus, we can pinpoint Herod the Great's demise as occurring between March 29th and April 4th in 4 B.C.

Upvote 0

46AND2

Sep 5, 2012
Vancouver, WA
✟102,103.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

It has nothing to do with the Gregorian calendar. Luke says that Jesus was born during Quirinius' governorship of Syria, Matthew says it was during the reign of Herod. Herod died ten years or so before Quirinius was governor of Syria.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

46AND2

Sep 5, 2012
Vancouver, WA
✟102,103.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

As usual.

What are you talking about? Archeleus and Quirinius were two completely different people.

Upvote 0

46AND2

Sep 5, 2012
Vancouver, WA
✟102,103.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Josephus records an eclipse of the moon just before Herod passed on. This occurred on March 12th or 13th in 4 B.C. Josephus also tells us that Herod expired just before Passover. This feast took place on April 11th, in the same year, 4 B.C. From other details supplied by Josephus, we can pinpoint Herod the Great's demise as occurring between March 29th and April 4th in 4 B.C.

Josephus also tells us that Quirinius was not governor of Syria until 6 A.D.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,896,428.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
What are you talking about? Archeleus and Quirinius were two completely different people.
Sorry.

My fault.

Luke 2:2 (And this taxing was first made when Cyrenius was governor of Syria.)

That's what I get for not checking.

Upvote 0

46AND2

Sep 5, 2012
Vancouver, WA
✟102,103.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Sorry.

My fault.

Luke 2:2 (And this taxing was first made when Cyrenius was governor of Syria.)

That's what I get for not checking.

And Cyrenius and Quirinius is the same person. In the same way that Alexander is Alejandro in Spanish.

If it makes you happier, Luke says that Jesus was born when Cyrenius was governor of Syria, Matthew when Herod reigned. Herod died 10 years prior to Cyrenius' governorship of Syria.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,896,428.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
And Cyrenius and Quirinius is the same person. In the same way that Alexander is Alejandro in Spanish.

If it makes you happier, Luke says that Jesus was born when Cyrenius was governor of Syria, Matthew when Herod reigned. Herod died 10 years prior to Cyrenius' governorship of Syria.
Where the Bible disagrees with secular history, secular history is wrong.

Upvote 0