david rodriguez

Dec 14, 2015
hawaii
✟8,167.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Why did Jesus say that His Kingdom is not of this world? If God created this Earth, why did He say that this world was not His? In my opinion, when God created this Earth with everything in it for his children Adam and Eve, He handed the Authority over the Earth over to them. Adam and Eve lived with absolute Authority over what was done on this Earth. Adam was even the one who named all the animals what they were to be called and even named the 'woman' formed from his rib, 'woman,' the word we use today. Everything was under the Authority of Adam and Eve. However, when Jesus said that His Kingdom is not of this world, He stated a fact. He, God, was no longer the Absolute Authority of this Earth at that time. You see, God is fair. God is a fair God. He doesn't take what isn't His, He doesn't demand, He doesn't do anything that is unfair. When Adam and Eve were in the garden of Eden, everything was under their Authority and God was also in Authority. Fair, right? Well, when the snake, the serpent, 'tricked' Eve into handing over her Authority to himself, and when Adam partook of that 'trickery,' or the handing over of the authority, God still played fair. What the devil 'tricked' Eve and Adam into handing over to him was the Authority over this Earth. If the devil never had tricked Eve, God, Adam and Eve would STILL be in Authority over this Earth, but since the authority was tricked from them, the authority is now in the possession of the devil. However, God still plays fair by allowing the Authority 'rights', per se to be in contractual rules. Whoever has the Authority 'papers' , so to say, has Authority. God does not negate the Authority 'papers' but honors it. That is why there is this world as we know it today. The Authority, once held by Adam and Eve, is now in the possession of the devil. What the devil desires to become will become, either they be nations, or wars, or peace,.... etc... It is the devil that formed this world into what it is today. There were no buildings, no skyscrapers, no television, no internet, etc... back then. All we see today in the world came becasue of the devil having the Authority 'papers' over the earth. That is why Jesus says that His Kingdom in not of this world. Jesus didnt' created the buildings, nor the skyscrapers, nor the elevators, etc.... All that we see were made and fashioned and thought up of by the devil, hence, this world is now the 'devil's thoughts and desires on earth. So what is my point? God is interested, now days, in where we are going to live upon exiting this earth. God is interested in whether we are going to spend it with Him or to spend it apart from Him. God is not too interested in where we are going to travel to next year, or what brand of clothing or shoes we are going to buy, etc... He is more interested in knowing who is going to spend 'eternity' with Him so that He can prepare for those who are going to choose to be with Him. In God's house there are many mansions. God is preparing those mansions but needs to know and wants to know how many mansions to build. He does not want unnessary, unvacated mansions in His Kingdom. Jesus said, His Kingdom does not belong to this world. This world is the devil's because of the 'trickery' he did to Eve. God honors the Authority 'papers'. Now God is counting and building the mansions for those who are going to be with Him. As there is time on Earth, there will be time for mansions to be built by God in Heaven. When time runs out on earth, mansions cannot be built. "There is still room at the cross."

Sep 5, 2015
✟70,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Why did Jesus say that His Kingdom is not of this world?
David, I'm not sure your applying the proper meaning to John 18:36
Jesus answered, “My kingdom is not of this world. If my kingdom were of this world, my servants would have been fighting, that I might not be delivered over to the Jews. But my kingdom is not from the world.”

...I think Jesus was simply saying His kingdom is not earthly and the weapons that advance it are not according to the flesh.
It was in a reply to Pilates question.

Reactions: BeStill&Know
Upvote 0

Job8

Dec 1, 2014
✟21,583.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Poor Eve. Always being blamed for the fall of man.
Except that she tried to pass the buck and blame it on the Serpent.

Back to the OP. At His first coming Christ came as the Lamb of God to take away the sin of the world. Hence He did not establish an earthly Kingdom at that time, and said "the Kingdom of God is within you" (to His disciples). At His Second Coming "with power and great glory", He comes as the Lion of the tribe of Judah, not only to destroy His enemies, but to literally establish His Kingdom -- the Kingdom of God -- on earth.

Reactions: BeStill&Know
Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟728,215.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
While the Greek word kosmos (translated as "world") can describe the created order, it had several nuances. The base meaning of kosmos is, in fact, "an arrangement" and it is only by this association that the material universe became called "kosmos" in the early years of Greek philosophy. However the word can also refer to the ordered arrangement of, say, a state, that is a government, or as often used in the New Testament it refers to the present order of how things are today.

Christ is saying that His kingdom is not of, it is unlike and not part of, the way kingdoms are here and how they function in the present. The way Christ is king is very different than the way Caesar or Herod were kings. Because God's kingdom--God's royal power and authority--is radically different and unlike the reign of kings, emperors, and rulers as we know them, after all in God's kingdom "the least shall be greatest".

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

Sep 5, 2015
✟70,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
While the Greek word kosmos (translated as "world") can describe the created order, it had several nuances. The base meaning of kosmos is, in fact, "an arrangement" and it is only by this association that the material universe became called "kosmos" in the early years of Greek philosophy. However the word can also refer to the ordered arrangement of, say, a state, that is a government, or as often used in the New Testament it refers to the present order of how things are today.

Christ is saying that His kingdom is not of, it is unlike and not part of, the way kingdoms are here and how they function in the present. The way Christ is king is very different than the way Caesar or Herod were kings. Because God's kingdom--God's royal power and authority--is radically different and unlike the reign of kings, emperors, and rulers as we know them, after all in God's kingdom "the least shall be greatest".

-CryptoLutheran

CryptoLutheran, Yes, there are several nuances to the word ...world.

John 18:36. World 2889. kosmos

Bible Hub see's it as definition 7
7. "worldly affairs; the aggregate of things earthly; the whole circle of earthly goods, endowments, riches, advantages, pleasures, etc., which, although hollow and frail and fleeting, stir desire, seduce from God and are obstacles to the cause of Christ"....to be of earthly origin and nature,

Upvote 0