Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Ok. I know TAW is pretty much a "meh.." forum for sports talk, but it's been so super dang boring in here that I'll do anything to get some life breathed into this here region of CF!

My Giants get to the Wild Card game. One game must-win, and we beat Pittsburgh, shutting them out. Then we go to the NLDS with the Nationals, a team with a total combined ERA of 3.04, and we beat em...hard! Next stop--the Cardinals! We just might be in another World Series, baby! Go Giants! :cool::thumbsup:

RobNJ

So Long, And Thanks For All The Fish!
Aug 22, 2004
✟166,532.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
They have a baseball team too? I thought they were just football...

They might want to think about changing their name before the Nephilim accuse them of racism!

Go Vikings!

The best part..Both the Giants football team & baseball team were originally in New York, until they banished the baseball team to The Left Coast! ;)

Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2008
Central California
✟274,069.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It must've been a case of "voluntary banishment," Rob! Both the Brooklyn Dodgers and New York Baseball Giants moved to the West Coast at the same time in 1958. The Mets then filled in the shoes of the Giants in NY. They saw the opportunity and left. Perhaps they got sick of snow, salted roads, grumpy and pushy East Coasters, the subways, and oldness of the New York area to trade it in for blue skies, warmth, gangs, pot, beaches, and good vibrations! ^_^:p

The best part..Both the Giants football team & baseball team were originally in New York, until they banished the baseball team to The Left Coast! ;)

Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2008
Central California
✟274,069.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Since you've ALWAYS been one of my favorite posters, Mary, I'm focused ONLY on the large font, not the small subtitles! :p:D

Congrats, Gurney!

even though I still hate them for beating the Rangers . . .

:p

Mary

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Oct 15, 2008
Central California
✟274,069.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Man, I can't fathom the hopeless, empty, dreary prospect of being a Vikings fan. Ugh. Great uniform, helmets, name, but dang that team can never get anywhere. Those poor dudes....in the same class with the Lions. Pure torture!

The Niners are torture to pull for, but at least they've given fans some thrills and moments, 5 titles, something. Vikings..bruuu-tal!

They have a baseball team too? I thought they were just football...

They might want to think about changing their name before the Nephilim accuse them of racism!

Go Vikings!

Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2008
Central California
✟274,069.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
We tore up the Rangers AND the Tigers, two AL monsters with huge talent. Everyone is telling me, "they won't make it to the WS! And if they do, no way they win!" Deja vu from 2010 and 2012! LOL

I do have to say that the Royals and Orioles are super talented teams. The Giants, imho, can handle St. Louis, but those two AL teams will be a tough hill to climb. But after seeing Bochey's boys do it twice in the past, I have faith...

Me too. They just had better beards that year.

Upvote 0

Chesterton

Whats So Funny bout Peace Love and Understanding
Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟860,379.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single

I'm wondering when the followers of Muhammad are going to take offense to the name Oakland "Raiders".

(attempted thread kill :p)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Chesterton

Whats So Funny bout Peace Love and Understanding
Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟860,379.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Go Cardinals!

Yeah, you would say that.

12411521-large.jpg

Upvote 0

Mary of Bethany

Only one thing is needful.
Supporter
Jul 8, 2004
✟341,456.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Since you've ALWAYS been one of my favorite posters, Mary, I'm focused ONLY on the large font, not the small subtitles! :p:D

I'm completely disengaged from baseball this year, so I can't really work up much hate for any team. :)

And oh, btw, the Dallas Stars begin their season tonight. Woot!!!!!

Mary

Upvote 0