Freodin

Devout believer in a theologically different God
Mar 9, 2002
Germany, Bavaria, Middle Franconia
Visit site
✟242,764.00
Faith
Atheist
Once again, Nero persecuted the Christians for turning the world upside down --- as in 'reversing its poles.'

In AD57, [what is now called] Antarctica was at the top of the world --- due North.

In AD58, [what is now called] Antarctica was at the bottom of the world --- due South.

Nero used that as an excuse to persecute the Christians.

Is there any way I can make this any simpler for you?

Ah, now I get it! When Nero travelled to his summer-lodge in Antarctica (which was, BTW, called Rheinpfalz-Westfalen at that time), he couln´t find it any more. As he had already proven with many infallible proofs that the Christians had burned down Rome, he of course concluded that they where also responsible for the disappearence of Antarctica.

That´s so simple... even I get it now!

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,905,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Ah, now I get it! When Nero travelled to his summer-lodge in Antarctica (which was, BTW, called Rheinpfalz-Westfalen at that time), he couln´t find it any more.
Nero didn't have to travel anywhere.

When you go to bed and it's summer, and wake up and it's bedtime, winter, the stars are different, the sun is going down on the other side of the house, your sundial is messed-up, etc. --- travel is unnecessary.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,905,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
So, geophysically speaking, how do you think this whole 'pole swapping' event went down anyhow?
Normally, I'd point to my signature here, BUT, since this is all a joke, I'll abstain.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,905,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status