My Diamond Challenge

Which came first, diamonds or the earth?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
I'm not going to make things up or ignore facts I know to either believe or disbelieve in God. And if we can revisit the original point being made, many Christians leave the faith mainly due to other Christians.

I used to get that from one of my brothers. He refused to go to church anymore --not because he didn't believe in God--he just didn't like being around the people. They're a bunch of hypocrites he kept saying, self righteous hypocrites! He'd had a 4-way bypass and was recuperating. I looked at him and said---so, did you stand outside the hospital and refuse to go in for your surgery because there were a lot of sick people in there???? It'd a copout to make that statement. Pretentious and self righteous, talk about hypocrite and holier than thou! If you don't want to go, then at least be honest and say so. To blame others is ridiculous. A church is full of sinners---every single, last one of them. Including yourself. If it was full of perfect people we'd have to stay away because as soon as you came in, you'd be bringing in imperfection. As they say, a church is only a hospital for sinners, not a museum for saints. Everyone is trying to do their best and more often than not, they will fail. The point is not to look at the sins of others, but your own.

Last edited:
Reactions: AV1611VET
Upvote 0

RickG

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 1, 2011
Georgia
✟83,873.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
I used to get that from one of my brothers. He refused to go to church anymore --not because he didn't believe in God--he just didn't like being around the people. They're a bunch of hypocrites he kept saying, self righteous hypocrites! He'd had a 4-way bypass and was recuperating. I looked at him and said---so, did you stand outside the hospital and refuse to go in for your surgery because there were a lot of sick people in there???? It'd a copout to make that statement. Pretentious and self righteous, talk about hypocrite and holier than thou! If you don't want to go, then at least be honest and say so. To blame others is ridiculous. A church is full of sinners---every single, last one of them. Including yourself. If it was full of perfect people we'd have to stay away because as soon as you came in, you'd be bringing in imperfection. As they say, a church is only a hospital for sinners, not a museum for saints. Everyone is trying to do their best and more often than not, they will fail. The point is not to look at the sins of others, but your own.
Fortunately the people at my church are a great group to around and I enjoy being with them quite a bit. Around 20 years ago I belonged to a different denomination, it was their attitude that drove me away. It was a 'my way or the highway' no if's and's or but's atmosphere. And every single sermon was all about we were going to hell.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,532.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Fortunately the people at my church are a great group to around and I enjoy being with them quite a bit. Around 20 years ago I belonged to a different denomination, it was their attitude that drove me away. It was a 'my way or the highway' no if's and's or but's atmosphere. And every single sermon was all about we were going to hell.
Some people expect church to be some kind of social club.

It's a wonder they don't have ATM machines in the lobby.

Upvote 0

HitchSlap

PROUDLY PRIMATE
Aug 6, 2012
✟281,096.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I just watched this video for the third time.

Showed it to my wife too.

I so wish this Ted the Atheist would come HERE and engage ME in conversation and pull those:
  1. How do you know there's a God?
  2. Show me evidence of God.
  3. The Bible is circular reasoning.
  4. You're not using logic.
... arguments on ME.

He'd get an education.
You've failed to convince us, what makes you think you'd edjumicate TedTA? Lol.

BTW, I think he lives in Los Angeles, you should look him up. I'd love to see a video of the two of you.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,532.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
You've failed to convince us, what makes you think you'd edjumicate TedTA? Lol.

BTW, I think he lives in Los Angeles, you should look him up. I'd love to see a video of the two of you.
I loved his question, "What is God made of?"

I'da answered that in a heartbeat: Unobtainium.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,532.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
You should engage him on YT. Then link us to it.
Ain't gonna happen.

First of all, I don't have a sidewalk ministry.

Second of all, I'm pretty much confined to one part of the house, compliments of my health.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,532.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I'm sorry to hear that, AV. Best wishes for your health.
Thank you. Most appreciated.

I can get around ... even take my wife to work.

I just can't stand for any length of time.

It's called: chronic bilateral lymphedema.

It's well under control, but it's compounded by celluitis.

I call it: old age. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

HitchSlap

PROUDLY PRIMATE
Aug 6, 2012
✟281,096.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Thank you. Most appreciated.

I can get around ... even take my wife to work.

I just can't stand for any length of time.

It's called: chronic bilateral lymphedema.

It's well under control, but it's compounded by celluitis.

I call it: old age. :)
Classic symptoms of O-L-D.

Last edited:
Upvote 0