May 3, 2007
✟21,896.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
He was fishing and drinking down by the train tracks and he passed out. A train came by and took of his legs right above the knees and his arm is broken. He's in intensive care right now. He's so young and he's a really good person. He doesn't deserve this. I look up to him so much. When Carnegie was flooded he risked his life multiple times to rescue others and he's done so much good. Please please pray for him and his family. His sister just had a baby and I don't think she can handle all of the stress.

Snowbunny

Mexican Princess
Jul 24, 2006
Kiawah Island, Charleston South Carolina
Visit site
✟13,581.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Dahlia i am so sorry... this is a horrible tragedy, i will pray for your family and for him please let us know how everything goes in the hospital...

if you need to talk i am here just PM me

que Dios te bendiga

Upvote 0

heron

Legend
Mar 24, 2005
✟33,756.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Oh Dahlia, that's so sad.

Lord, take this situation and turn it into something good. Fight all infection that starts to take hold, and any shock to his system. Lift the condemnation of others off his heart and life, and surround him with merciful people and kind words.

Give him hope for his future. Bring along people who know of resources for work training and funding for equipment he will need. Give him a healthy, productive life full of friends and contentment.

Uphold his sister too, and allow her to float through all the circumstances she's managing right now.

Upvote 0

Dahlia1

is the Lady of Shalott.
May 3, 2007
✟21,896.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Thank you everyone.

Update: They say he lost 6 pints of blood at first, and the human body only holds 8, so it's amazing that he's still alive. Thanks to the amount of muscle in his arm, they say that it will fully heal, and that there was no nerve damage in his arm.
As for the mental state of everyone, his sister really wants to be with him 24/7, but she has to stay home and take care of her baby. Their mom has barely slept or left his side. She's really falling apart, but is trying to hold on a brave face for her son. His father is trying to get paid leave from work because he keeps messing up on the job. He can't focus, and who can blame him?
As for my cousin himself, most of the time he has too much drugs in his system to focus on anything. They've made him chipper for a while, but the effect is starting o wear off. He hinted to his mother that perhaps she should just let him die . . .
He keeps making morbid jokes about what has happened, but he doesn't remember it, thank goodness. But he has that phantom limb syndrome in his legs. Sometimes his 'feet' itch or he tries to cross his 'legs'.
As much as I wanted to stay there all day to comfort my aunt, I feel guilty because I really just wanted to get out of there ASAP. There was this awful noise like a bleating goat coming from the halls, and my other aunt said that that was a person. It sounded scary. I can't imagine what they are going through, being there so much. Especially my aunt. Everyone else goes home, and my cousin is unconsious 90% of the time. She's on watch every second and she just rediates pain and exhaustion. I hope she gets some rest.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Gentle-Heart

Senior Pastor & Servant of YHWH
Mar 23, 2004
North East England
✟15,521.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hi - I am so sorry at what happened to your Cousin. I will pray for you to know Gods peace and strength in this situation. That you are all able to find rest in Jesus, and know that He cares and wants to comfort you all. God is good and does not desire that he dies but that he, and all of you, find a relationship with God through Jesus Christ and that you know His love is real. I thank God that though his injuries were severe, he is still alive and that he finds hope and peace. That all he needs to have a fulfilling life, will be provided. He may have lost his legs, but that is better than dying and losing his soul - may he and all of you know much peace, comfort and strength.
I will be praying.

c

Upvote 0

Angeldove97

I trust in You
Site Supporter
Jan 6, 2004
Indiana
✟143,520.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
May he blessed and I hope he can still realize he has a purpose in his life... that this isn't the end of it. Such a shame really and I'm sure he's a great guy. Thank him for rescuing those people when most probably would have been too scared to do it.

He'll go through a range of emotions because of this change, but it truly isn't the end. Thank God he's alive and I'm sure your family is very happy about that grace.

It'll take awhile to heal, especially after losing all that blood (I'm shocked he survived... that's so much blood to lose) but as long as he keeps a goal in mind he should be able to do it.

May your family also be blessed... he's a lucky man to have such loving relatives by his side and don't feel bad about not liking to be in the hospital. I get really sad when I walk into a hospital... my Mom almost died in one after a surgery and my Grandpa died in one from health issues. So it's scary, it's normal though and alot of people can't stand to go to them.

Be blessed :hug:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Catherineanne

Sep 1, 2004
Europe
✟76,860.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed
He's so young and he's a really good person. He doesn't deserve this. I look up to him so much.

I am so sorry, Dahlia. I pray for you, first of all, and for your cousin, and for all of your family, that God will give you the strength to get through these dark days.

Kyrie eleison,
Christe eleison,
Kyrie eleison.

:crossrc:

I know this will not help at present, but this brings to mind a line I read in Dickens, when he is talking about something dreadful happening in his life. He says, who would we have this happen to, to save it happening to us?

God has given you this cross to bear, and it is a very, very heavy one. Who would you rather carried it?

This is a difficult question, and I know is not what you want to hear. But the very worst things happen to the very best people in life, not the worst. The worst people live lives of affluence, plenty and treading on those around them.

I pray that God will, somehow, find a way to turn this situation into a blessing for you all, and meanwhile, that he will be with you every step of the way.

Upvote 0

littleredkiss484

Follower of Christ
Apr 11, 2006
Michigan
✟306,366.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
He was fishing and drinking down by the train tracks and he passed out. A train came by and took of his legs right above the knees and his arm is broken. He's in intensive care right now. He's so young and he's a really good person. He doesn't deserve this. I look up to him so much. When Carnegie was flooded he risked his life multiple times to rescue others and he's done so much good. Please please pray for him and his family. His sister just had a baby and I don't think she can handle all of the stress.

I'm so sorry to hear about this horrible accident! :cry:

My prayers are with your cousin and your family! :hug::hug:

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.