UK
✟2,052.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I thought I mentioned why she did it.
Hate had nothing to do with it.
Just the opposite; she did it with love in mind.
I can see why she did it ... can you?
If you can't, maybe you should study their doctrine a little more; instead of equating her with atheism.
She was simply misguided.

Upvote 0

TagliatelliMonster

Sep 22, 2016
Brugge
✟66,672.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Mother Teresa gave aspirin to those screaming in pain with cancer because she was a good Catholic and felt that those who suffered most on earth got better places in Heaven.

What's your point?

Indeed. She believed that suffering was "sacred" and "good". Which is why she left people for dead in an ill-equipped hospital on wooden beds without any matrasses or anything, eventhough she received millions, billions even, in aid from around the world. Who knows where all that money went... Certainly not to her "hospitals" as those were barely worthy of the name.

On the flip side, when she got sick, she got on an airplane and got herself some treatment in a high-tech hospital at the other side of the world.

Teresa was an evil hypocrit.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
An evangelist led Charles Darwin to the LORD before Mr. Darwin passed away.

Is that good news or bad?

For Mr. Darwin, I'm sure it was very good news.

For the rest of us, what does it matter?

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
An evangelist led Charles Darwin to the LORD before Mr. Darwin passed away.

Is that good news or bad?
When "Darwin gave up medicine, his father arranged for him to study to become a priest. In 1828, Darwin went to Cambridge University to study for priesthood, earning a bachelor of arts degree at Cambridge University in 1831." Was this higher education at Cambridge University a good or a bad thing for Darwin? http://necsi.edu/projects/evolution/darwin/early/darwin_early.html

Upvote 0

TagliatelliMonster

Sep 22, 2016
Brugge
✟66,672.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
If you feel that she had no empathy then who would you hold up as an example of empathy, compassion and concern for the needs of people?

I see no reason in doing so, as it would just distract from the point being made.

Theresa's shady character and questionable ethical standards fall and stand on their own merrit. No matter what other people do or don't do.

• Agree
Reactions: tyke
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,907,258.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
When "Darwin gave up medicine, his father arranged for him to study to become a priest. In 1828, Darwin went to Cambridge University to study for priesthood, earning a bachelor of arts degree at Cambridge University in 1831." Was this higher education at Cambridge University a good or a bad thing for Darwin?
In my opinion: bad.

I believe God had plans for Mr. Darwin.

I believe God planned for him to have found a cure for cancer.

But he abandoned his calling from God and followed a calling from another source.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Florence Nightingale?
Do you feel that Florence Nightingale had more empathy for others then Mother Teresa? Can science accomplish more then religion? Is one more powerful then the other?

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

But he abandoned his calling from God and followed a calling from another source.
I do not think that Universities are bad, they are just a waste of time for 80% of the people. Only 20% work hard enough to get an education where they can make more then then $100,000 a year. The real problem is not the books so much as the liberal attitude of the teachers - instructors at the universities.

Upvote 0

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟349,850.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single

But if everything on Earth happens according to God's will, then wouldn't it have been God's plan for Darwin to leave studying medicine and study biology anyway?

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I see no reason in doing so, as it would just distract from the point being made.
If you do not understand the meaning of empathy then you miss the whole meaning of the lesson that Mother Teresa was trying to teach you.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.