Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I'm pretty sure Charles was Christian wasn't he?
No.

His conversion occurred either on his deathbed, or some seven months beforehand.

My guess is a few months before his death, as his family would be at his bedside if it was at his death and been eyewitnesses.

Meaning their denial is a lie.

But I'll give his family credit for not lying and say Mr. Darwin was saved beforehand and probably kept his conversion a secret from his family.

Upvote 0

Paul Finch

Nov 12, 2016
UK
✟2,052.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
An evangelist led Charles Darwin to the LORD before Mr. Darwin passed away.
Is that good news or bad?
Neither, what Darwin or anyone else does or does not believe makes no difference to the truth, belief like faith is not a pathway to truth.

Upvote 0

Paul Finch

Nov 12, 2016
UK
✟2,052.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
His conversion occurred either on his deathbed, or some seven months beforehand.
My guess is a few months before his death, as his family would be at his bedside if it was at his death and been eyewitnesses.
Meaning their denial is a lie.
But I'll give his family credit for not lying and say Mr. Darwin was saved beforehand and probably kept his conversion a secret from his family.
Mother Teresa did the exact same thing only the other way, she denied her God on her deathbed and died an atheist.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,896,434.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Mother Teresa did the exact same thing only the other way, she denied her God on her deathbed and died an atheist.
Mother Teresa gave aspirin to those screaming in pain with cancer because she was a good Catholic and felt that those who suffered most on earth got better places in Heaven.

What's your point?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Quid est Veritas?

In Memoriam to CS Lewis
Feb 27, 2016
South Africa
✟316,433.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married

We do not know if either of these are true.

In my opinion though, I find it unlikely that Mother Theresa would abjure her faith on her deathbed regardless if she believed it or not.

As to Darwin, it doesn't actually matter what he believed. Regardless he was not an atheist, but an agnostic, weirdly referencing parasitic wasps as his reason. Thus embracing religion on his deathbed is more likely here, but again impossible to verify.

Upvote 0

Paul Finch

Nov 12, 2016
UK
✟2,052.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Mother Teresa gave aspirin to those screaming in pain with cancer because she was a good Catholic and felt that those who suffered most on earth got better places in Heaven.
What's your point?
She died not believing in heaven.
My point is, it doesn't matter what anyone believes what matters is what is true and can be proven to be true, every religious person across the globe believes something no one else believes so in the end people believing what they like means less than nothing.

Upvote 0

Jimmy D

Dec 11, 2014
✟268,099.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

Why are you spamming the boards with this inane old nonsense, you discussed it in another thread yesterday. As has been said above - A) it's probably not true and B) if it is or if it isn't so what?

It is transparently obvious that you are merely trying to get a wider audience for your trolling and it's quite sad really. At your age you should know better.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

[serious]

'As we treat the least of our brothers...' RIP GA
Supporter
Aug 29, 2006
✟72,846.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

It's a bad news story. Bad as in poorly sourced and likely untrue.

I noticed you haven't given your opinion on this thread yet by the way. Not sure if you missed it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟312,561.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats

What's your point?
I think the point is that only a hateful atheist would under medicate people in agony- like the delightful M. Teresa did.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,896,434.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,896,434.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I think the point is that only a hateful atheist would under medicate people in agony- like the delightful M. Teresa did.
I thought I mentioned why she did it.

Hate had nothing to do with it.

Just the opposite; she did it with love in mind.

I can see why she did it ... can you?

If you can't, maybe you should study their doctrine a little more; instead of equating her with atheism.

Upvote 0

[serious]

'As we treat the least of our brothers...' RIP GA
Supporter
Aug 29, 2006
✟72,846.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
That ends well.Don't you guys harp on eyewitness accounts being the worst form of validation around?It's stupid.If my family claimed I didn't read it, would you believe them?
What we've got here is one person claiming to be an eye witness, and several other more credible witnesses saying it didn't happen.

Easy call on which way you should lean.

Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟312,561.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
I thought I mentioned why she did it.

Hate had nothing to do with it.

Just the opposite; she did it with love in mind.

I can see why she did it ... can you?

If you can't, maybe you should study their doctrine a little more; instead of equating her with atheism.
I know that. I was being sarcastic.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.