Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Supposedly the cosmic microwave background is the remnant of the "big bang" expansion ... correct?

If this is so, then the universe is just as big on the other side of the CMB as it is on this side ... correct?

Is the universe then CMB-centric?

Shemjaza

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2006
✟925,893.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Greens
Supposedly the cosmic microwave background is the remnant of the "big bang" expansion ... correct?

If this is so, then the universe is just as big on the other side of the CMB as it is on this side ... correct?

I'm not sure I follow. The CMB is everywhere in space.

I got the impression that it's like stress marks on an inflated balloon.
(Not a physicist, so take this with a grain of salt.)

Upvote 0

Robert Palase

May 9, 2016
UK
✟1,434.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
I would worry more about what you believe and not about something you will never understand if I were you.
Question what you believe then come back when you have the answers as to why you believe them, faith is not an answer it's a cop-out, when all else fails people use faith.

Upvote 0

Oafman

Try telling that to these bog brained murphys
Dec 19, 2012
Malice
✟28,559.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
UK-Labour

You can't describe it as 'on the other side' because there isn't a 'centre' of the universe. The whole universe was in one tiny point at the BB, and has expanded equally in all locations. Effectively, everywhere in the universe is the centre of the universe. There's CMB everywhere we look. Wherever you are in the universe, everything else is expanding 'away' from you at the same rate, related to its distance.

Upvote 0

Ophiolite

Recalcitrant Procrastinating Ape
Nov 12, 2008
✟240,687.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private

Wrong.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,229.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
You can't describe it as 'on the other side' because there isn't a 'centre' of the universe. The whole universe was in one tiny point at the BB, and has expanded equally in all locations. Effectively, everywhere in the universe is the centre of the universe. There's CMB everywhere we look. Wherever you are in the universe, everything else is expanding 'away' from you at the same rate, related to its distance.
Okay ... thank you.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I would worry more about what you believe and not about something you will never understand if I were you. Question what you believe then come back when you have the answers as to why you believe them, faith is not an answer it's a cop-out, when all else fails people use faith.

I guess Robert Palase will never be the President of the United States.

The Presidents & Their Faith: From George Washington to Barack

Amazon.com: Our Presidents & Their Prayers: Proclamations of Faith

This would be the "Cop-Out" pyramid. Seems sturdy enough to me.

PYRAMID%20(BRICK%20STRUCTURE)2015%20low%20res.png

Last edited:
Reactions: AV1611VET
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Hard to say. "The other side" may all be contained in a Black Hole which is quite compacted.
Unless the "bang" was a black hole to start with, which may have produced another one
when exploded. Very hard to say because time itself is said to exist only on "this side".

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Robert Palase

May 9, 2016
UK
✟1,434.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
I guess Robert Palase will never be the President of the United States.
The Presidents & Their Faith: From George Washington to Barack
Amazon.com: Our Presidents & Their Prayers: Proclamations of Faith
This would be the "Cop-Out" pyramid. Seems sturdy enough to me.

PYRAMID%20(BRICK%20STRUCTURE)2015%20low%20res.png
It would be nice if that was true wouldn't it.
Are you so naïve that you think everyone who says they are Christians really are Christians? people in government say they are otherwise they would not get elected, do you really think all those mega church leaders making millions by fleecing the gullible are all Christians?

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,229.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Are you so naïve that you think everyone who says they are Christians really are Christians?
Do you think everyone who posts here as an agnostic is an agnostic?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

PsychoSarah

Chaotic Neutral
Jan 13, 2014
✟95,463.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship

The radiation is everywhere, it spread out along with everything else. The most likely thing to be at the "center" of the universe is actually practically nothing, since the force of the expansion would drive both matter and energy outward away from it. I personally think the only item there would be space itself, and the physical properties associated with it... maybe some light reaching it from increasingly distant stars. A way to think of how the universe is organized is like a fairy ring fungus http://www.hainaultforest.co.uk/PCfairy ring.JPG which has a rough ring of material about equadistant from the center, which becomes increasingly far away from the center (like how these fungi have larger rings with each successive sprouting of mushrooms). Some things are a tad farther from the center than others, but beyond that, this is the basic organization. Radiation is like the grass, it's all over the place, and extends farther than even the "mushrooms" which represent matter.

Upvote 0