My church is having an internship that I am wanting to join

christian_girl87

May 17, 2010
✟315.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
that is this fall and last week at service they announced that they were doing this internship and for anyone who is a senior in high school or in college to stand up because they had something for us. So I stood up, Well they started handing out invitations to the people who were standing up and they handed out one to everyone except for me. When I asked them about this one of them said they already had names on them and that they would get me one later. But then I saw some other people with them and they didnt have names. I asked someone else why they didnt give one to me and they said because its for current seniors only, well then why did the speaker say for seniors and college students to stand up then?? And do they really want me at this meeting they were inviting people to because it doesnt seem like it. And its an informational meeting for the internship. If I wasnt invited why did they humiliate me like this and if it was just for seniors why did they tell college students to stand up too??

Tink

our God is faithful. ♥
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2004
Texas
✟56,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Are you the same girl that likes her youth pastor?

If so, that's why. They can't trust you in a position of internship because you can't control yourself.

You should find a new church and try to concentrate on not liking the [married] pastors.

Reactions: traingosorry
Upvote 0

Blank123

Legend
Dec 6, 2003
✟56,875.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
it can be obvious sometimes when you like someone. Even if you don't say anything. Could be the way you relate to him versus the way you relate to others? who knows?

I'm curious why you keep complaining about being left out of things at this church and don't feel like they want you there, but you don't look elsewhere for fellowship. Whats keeping you at a church where you're obviously unhappy?

Upvote 0

Fremdin

Contributor
Jan 26, 2008
✟17,104.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I used to like my youth pastor but dont anymore and I never acted on it or told anyone, so how would anyone know?
People know. Just based on your posts here I feel like there is so much more to the story that you are not letting anybody know, all we keep getting are your stories about how this church alienates and humiliates you with no reason. Just based on the number of posts you make about the situation with your youth pastor, and the fact that you didn't mention he was married in one thread and let everybody go on and on about how he must really like you, I have a hard time believing that you acted in a way that didn't let people know about it. Also, there is only one reason for you to stay at a church that you believe treats you so poorly; because you still have a crush on the youth pastor. You need to move on, there are probably 5 churches within 2 miles that you could go to. This church has done everything but out-and-out ask you to leave to lessen your interaction with the youth paster, who I bet is in charge of the internship you want to do. Just looking at their actions I don't think they are trying to humiliate you as much as they are trying to protect their youth pastor from a bad situation. They, and he, know.

Last edited:
Upvote 0