Chicago
✟121,700.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
You can say "A plumbus is a neatly cromulent gromble," but that doesn't actually pass any useful information to whoever you are speaking to, because the terms you are using haven't been clearly defined.

Nothing is clearly defined if one is not understanding.
Give me one which you think is clearly defined and I will show you an exception. Even that, I would still "understand" what you are defining.

Upvote 0

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟350,451.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
People make things, not create things.

Again: what definition of the word 'create' are you using? Because people can both make and create things.
And if you mean 'create from nothing', then just say so.

Upvote 0

Shemjaza

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2006
✟925,893.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Greens
Nothing is clearly defined if one is not understanding.
Give me one which you think is clearly defined and I will show you an exception. Even that, I would still "understand" what you are defining.
You say that genesis is your source of examples, can you be specific? Because Adam and Eve were created directly by god, not grown in a womb or test tube as a result of human action.

You are the one bragging about your great definition, but can not be specific or even consistent. A baby conceived in the common way is created by God. A baby formed in a test tube from human reproductive cells is created by God. A creature formed synthetically from DNA based on human DNA is not created by God... except apparently humans can't create.

Have some courage of your convictions, claim special revelation. You appear think that reading the Bible has given you special insight into God and feel confident to judge what is and isn't his will, but you just can't find the specifics in scripture to back it up.

Upvote 0

juvenissun

... and God saw that it was good.
Apr 5, 2007
Chicago
✟121,700.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
You are the one bragging about your great definition, but can not be specific or even consistent. A baby conceived in the common way is created by God. A baby formed in a test tube from human reproductive cells is created by God. A creature formed synthetically from DNA based on human DNA is not created by God... except apparently humans can't create.

Except a natural fertilization and a consequential birth, all other human manipulated fertilization, birth and construction should not "create" (not "make") a "human".

For atheist: Human is a life form: 1. born through a natural process; 2. currently dominates the earth.

In theology (any religion): Human is a life form created by and only by God.

Upvote 0

Shemjaza

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2006
✟925,893.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Greens
Except a natural fertilization and a consequential birth, all other human manipulated fertilization, birth and construction should not "create" (not "make") a "human".

For atheist: Human is a life form: 1. born through a natural process; 2. currently dominates the earth.

For non specified definitions of "natural".

Synthetic life is unnatural... but modified life in a foreign host is natural?
Or is it the actual birth part that's important now?
In theology (any religion): Human is a life form created by and only by God.
So why does a replicant formed from the matter and design of God's creation not count as created by God?

Upvote 0