Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Once we grant Data the rights of a citizen, why shouldn't trying to kill him have the same penalties?
Who in their right mind would grant Data the rights of a citizen?

(Other than those who take it away from the unborn, that is.)

Upvote 0

Moral Orel

Proud Citizen of Moralton
Supporter
May 22, 2015
✟476,748.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
No rights for Data?! What are you, some kinda racist?!
latest

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Herman Hedning

Hiking is fun
Mar 2, 2004
N 57° 44', E 12° 00'
Visit site
✟732,803.00
Faith
Humanist

(Other than those who take it away from the unborn, that is.)
Have you read "The Bicentennial Man" by Isaac Asimov? It deals with the very question of what makes a human "human". Highly recommended, but read the book and skip the movie - it is not very good.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,896,890.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Have you read "The Bicentennial Man" by Isaac Asimov? It deals with the very question of what makes a human "human". Highly recommended, but read the book and skip the movie - it is not very good.
No, sir.

Ain't read the book or seen the movie.

Upvote 0

Moral Orel

Proud Citizen of Moralton
Supporter
May 22, 2015
✟476,748.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
I didn't think the movie was awful, but I didn't read the book, so that probably makes a big difference. I've always enjoyed movies on that subject though.

My wife claims that the only time she cries during a movie is when a child is harmed in some way, but she cried during A.I., so I tease her that she cried for little more than a "toaster". Great movie though, by the way, I cried a little too.

Chappie was a great movie on the topic as well, and a solid action movie to boot.

Ex Machina was fantastic too, and extra pertinent as well to the topic of treating robots like humans. Since this is a Christian site though, I'll point out there was a decent amount of nudity.

If anyone watches anime there's lots of this topic there too. Ghost in the Shell is the most famous (again, nudity), but Metropolis was amazing too, and lesser known.

Upvote 0