Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
This classic scene is from a classic movie called The Bad Seed:

The explanation for her behavior is as follows:
Wikipedia said:
In the midst of the revelations about Rhoda, Christine's vague suspicions about having been adopted are confirmed: she is the biological daughter of a notorious and infamous serial killer, Bessie Denker, and was adopted at two years of age by her foster father and his late wife. Christine now worries that Bessie (and therefore Christine herself) is the cause of Rhoda's sociopathy, and that her homicidal behavior is genetic, not subject to influence, let alone reversal, by parenting or a wholesome environment.

SOURCE

What kind of evolution is this?

Hoghead1

Oct 27, 2015
✟8,968.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
What on earth does this have to do with anything? Granted, there was and is considerable debate as to the origins of homicidal behavior and others as well. Are they genetic or learned? I believe that they are learned. But I don't see what that has to do with evolution. Suppose they are inherited. I am still puzzled how you would see this as related to the question of evolution. I am aware, however, that some have argued that the tendency to murder and also rape are inherited, as these are adaptive ways of keeping down the population. Also, Wikipedia is a good place to look for a quick read, but that's it. For example, if any of my students used Wikipedia for any other purpose, I would [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] off from their paper. No serious scholar accepts Wikipedia as a final word on anything.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,172.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
What kind of creationism is it?
I would label that as the model of deistic creation, where God creates a primordial atom, then retreats into the background and lets nature do its thing.

I'm not sure what the evolution is in the video in the OP.

My guess is that it is what they call either "social Darwinism," or a form of "Lamarckism."

That's why I called this thread a "challenge."

You can't get an educatee to speak up and answer it.

Seven posts and it hasn't been answered yet.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,172.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
But you believe in recent special creation, so how does that explain it?
By the existence of something that resides in our flesh that evolutionists wouldn't understand.

Something I don't care to get into here.

Reactions: Heissonear
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,172.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
So much for the challenge.
Like just about every other challenge, it won't get answered without putting it through a series of vents and ridicules first.

Even then, it probably won't get answered.

My guess is that it was a form of Lamarckism that got swept under the carpet and forgotten.

Upvote 0

Loudmouth

Contributor
Aug 26, 2003
Visit site
✟98,005.00
Faith
Agnostic
Like just about every other challenge, it won't get answered without putting it through a series of vents and ridicules first.

Is that your plan? Ridicule a bunch of people before answering the challenge?

My guess is that it was a form of Lamarckism that got swept under the carpet and forgotten.

It wasn't because of creationism?

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,172.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
It wasn't because of creationism?
Nope -- just found it.

It's called "heredity."

QV please:
For several decades, beginning in 1874, a family dubbed the Jukeses with more than its fair share of paupers, criminals and assorted rascals was extensively studied and photographed in an attempt to show that antisocial traits were genetic.

SOURCE

Today's science at its best.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Hieronymus

Jan 12, 2016
the Hague NL
✟69,862.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I would label that as the model of deistic creation, where God creates a primordial atom, then retreats into the background and lets nature do its thing.
But nature doesn't have a "thing" to do, it just follows the laws of nature, which are dead unconscious things.
Life has to be given for something to live, and 'vessels' have to be made to facilitate / carry it in a physical reality.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What on earth does this have to do with anything? Granted, there was and is considerable debate as to the origins of homicidal behavior and others as well. Are they genetic or learned? I believe that they are learned. But I don't see what that has to do with evolution. Suppose they are inherited. I am still puzzled how you would see this as related to the question of evolution. I am aware, however, that some have argued that the tendency to murder and also rape are inherited, as these are adaptive ways of keeping down the population.

No person has ever claimed such behaviors are a way of keeping down the population.
Ever.

The OP is a valid question.

Upvote 0

HitchSlap

PROUDLY PRIMATE
Aug 6, 2012
✟281,096.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
This classic scene is from a classic movie called The Bad Seed:

The explanation for her behavior is as follows:

SOURCE

What kind of evolution is this?
Natural/sexual selection by non-randoms means.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Natural/sexual selection by non-randoms means.

I would certainly consider that homicidal traits might be passed on through genetics.
Insanity is rarely taught.

Upvote 0