Feb 16, 2010
✟15,149.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Greens
Can someone explain the parable of the mustard seed (matthew) for me please!

I read it...though I understood it to be The mustard seed represents the Kingdom of God, which begins tiny, and then, over a process of time, expands or grows into a worldwide system and becomes the home for many nations or many people and they dwell there in peace.

or

You can describe the kingdom of Heaven as the smallest (mustard) word from God (seed), which can be taken by a man and spread in the world (field). Even the smallest word (seed) used by a person (tree) can attract people (birds) to Jesus (branch).

Both are similar in message...however, then i read another interpretationj saying that the Birds were evil people, from satan and that the mustard seed is another agent of the kingdom (the church).
It said that the Birds (evil ones) are at home in this unnatural tree (mustard plant grwoing into a tree isnt possible in botany hence is unnatural).

Soooo where am I going wrong? are the first two interpretations TOO basic and simple or are they the correct meaning?!

thanks in advance!!

SG

gideon army

Am the Righteousness to GOD IN Christ by Faith
Dec 3, 2009
This Side of Heaven
✟8,599.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Matt 13:31 Another parable He put forth to them, saying: "The kingdom of heaven is like a mustard seed, which a man took and sowed in his field

Contrast:-

Mark 4:31 [It is] like a mustard seed which, when it is sown on the ground, is smaller than all the seeds on earth;

Luke 13:9 It is like a mustard seed, which a man took and put in his garden; and it grew and became a large tree, and the birds of the air nested in its branches."

In all the above Scriptures, Christ is referring to the Word of GOD ;) Matt 13:9 onwards will give you that Clue :)

However it can be referred to Faith of the Believer also as in:-

Matt 17:20 So Jesus said to them, "Because of your unbelief; for assuredly, I say to you, if you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you.

Birds are never EVIL nor the Devil, it's Raven that's evil & speaking of devil by Christ as in Matt 19:9

Always Contrast/ Compare fm OT against NT or Gospel against Gospel :) Read the Before & After especially the whole chapter & you'll have more clues when you know whom was saying it & to whom it was directed at :amen:

Upvote 0