Mar 24, 2015
✟674.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Breivik is another example of the left in general defining anyone who ever set foot inside a church as a Christian. Breivik was insane, as anyone who read even sections of his manifesto could attest to. Citing Breivik as an example of violent Christians is as apt as citing Bill Clinton as an example of a model husband.

No true Scotsman (link) since you seem to be confused. Also note: Bill Clinton is still married to his first wife as opposed to say religious right "hero" Rush Limbaugh who is on his what? Third? Fourth? LOL

Upvote 0

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
No true Scotsman (link) since you seem to be confused. Also note: Bill Clinton is still married to his first wife as opposed to say religious right "hero" Rush Limbaugh who is on his what? Third? Fourth? LOL
ROTFL ...

On one hand a serial philanderer ... more women than one can count using fingers and toes. :eek:

On the other hand serial monogamy. A count of four, is it? :scratch:

Upvote 0

ThinkForYourself

Nov 8, 2013
✟2,284.00
Faith
Atheist
ROTFL ...

On one hand a serial philanderer ... more women than one can count using fingers and toes. :eek:

My favourite is McCain. Serial philanderer, then finally dumps his wife when she gets cancer.

Upvote 0

ThinkForYourself

Nov 8, 2013
✟2,284.00
Faith
Atheist
By 2011 the LRA was said to be comprised of some 300 to 400 members. Citing the LRA as representative of Christianity is an incredibly lame argument.

The Holy Spirit talks to a Christian woman, and tells her to overthrow the Ugandan government, she gathers a Christian army, and that's NOT a Christian group?

The Lord’s Resistance Army began life in the early 1980’s as the Holy Spirit Movement, led by a woman called Alice Lakwena who claimed the Holy Spirit had ordered her to overthrow the Ugandan government

And how do they operate:

The rebels often masquerade as military soldiers, or pounce as villagers gather together for occasions such as church services. They launch vicious attacks, killing the weak and the old with machetes, swords or stones, and cutting off people’s ears, lips and noses to serve as a warning to others. The rebels capture those who can be useful to them, including children strong enough to carry weapons. The captives are tied together and marched to camps where they are violently indoctrinated and turned into soldiers, porters, cooks, or sex slaves. Captives are often forced to kill or rape family members, making it impossible for them to think about returning home. Those who do resist or try to escape are tortured and killed.
(warchild.org)

If you're going to blame Islam for atrocities committed by Muslims, it is hypocritical not to blame Christianity for atrocities committed by Christians.

Really? Hundreds of children?

Really. The press is biased, they love headlines that show Muslims committing atrocities, but ignore Christians committing atrocities.

The idea of witchcraft is hardly new, but it has taken on new life recently partly because of a rapid growth in evangelical Christianity. Campaigners against the practice say around 15,000 children have been accused in two of Nigeria's 36 states over the past decade and around 1,000 have been murdered.
(huffingtonpost.com)

At least I'm here now, to inform Christians. Hopefully I can help Christians realize they are no different than Muslims.

Upvote 0

Anafany

Chili Maker
Mar 24, 2015
✟674.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
ROTFL ...

Still adultery according to Jesus :wave:. In fact Rush Limbaugh is still committing adultery as long as his first wife still lives. So he can't be forgiven. Bill Clinton? Maybe, if he hasn't been already.

Upvote 0

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Still adultery according to Jesus :wave:. In fact Rush Limbaugh is still committing adultery as long as his first wife still lives. So he can't be forgiven. Bill Clinton? Maybe, if he hasn't been already.
How very judgemental of you ... now, the rest of the story.
And in the house his disciples asked him again of the same matter. And he saith unto them, Whosoever shall put away his wife, and marry another, committeth adultery against her. And if a woman shall put away her husband, and be married to another, she committeth adultery.
Noting that Rush's first wife filed for divorce.

Rush's second wife remarried shortly after their divorce.

Rush's third wife separated from him and moved out.

Of course, if you were simply talking about Bill Clinton then, yes ... that was serial adultery.

Upvote 0

TheBear

NON-WOKED
Jan 2, 2002
✟304,171.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Must all these discussions end up on the road to "But, look at Christians!"? (I'm noticing a trend.)

147 children were slaughtered because they were in the wrong religion. And the really scary part is, these people who committed this atrocity, felt fully justified and inspired by their interpretations of Islam, from both the Qur'an and the Hadith. Also, this is not a random anomaly which is out of the ordinary. It's not the exception to the rule. There are tens of thousands of active adherents to such Islamic interpretations. They truly believe mujahideen is righteous and holy in the eyes of Allah, and that their mission is to conquer all lands, stamp out all other religions, and establish a global caliphate.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,475,615.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Must all these discussions end up on the road to "But, look at Christians!"? (I'm noticing a trend.)

147 children were slaughtered because they were in the wrong religion. And the really scary part is, these people who committed this atrocity, felt fully justified and inspired by their interpretations of Islam, from both the Qur'an and the Hadith. Also, this is not a random anomaly which is out of the ordinary. It's not the exception to the rule. There are tens of thousands of active adherents to such Islamic interpretations. They truly believe mujahideen is righteous and holy in the eyes of Allah, and that their mission is to conquer all lands, stamp out all other religions, and establish a global caliphate.

This is something Bill Maher--who is no friend of any religion--points out. There are no beheadings going on in the Vatican; the same can't be said for Saudi Arabia.

Upvote 0

seashale76

Unapologetic Iconodule
Dec 29, 2004
✟173,524.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Married

:thumbsup:

Careful- they'll just troll harder and redouble their efforts to make it about anything EXCEPT the topic at hand- which is Islam.

Reactions: NightHawkeye
Upvote 0

ThinkForYourself

Nov 8, 2013
✟2,284.00
Faith
Atheist
This is something Bill Maher--who is no friend of any religion--points out. There are no beheadings going on in the Vatican; the same can't be said for Saudi Arabia.

You're right.

Instead of beheadings, Christians are burning children to death. I'll take a beheading, thank you very much.

It's not about "but look what Christians do", it's about the people who frequent this forum and think Christians are superior or less violent than Muslims.

Just look at the thread titles. There are far more threads started about Muslim atrocities. I can't even remember seeing a thread about Christian atrocities, although I'm sure there must have been a few.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ThinkForYourself

Nov 8, 2013
✟2,284.00
Faith
Atheist
:thumbsup:

Careful- they'll just troll harder and redouble their efforts to make it about anything EXCEPT the topic at hand- which is Islam.

Check my posts, I agree some Muslims are extremely violent, and commit disgusting acts of violence.

My point is some Christians are extremely violent too, and also commit disgusting acts of violence. And that there is very little difference between Muslims and Christians.

Do you agree or disagree?

Upvote 0

sdmsanjose

Jun 19, 2006
Arizona
✟23,684.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
By ThinkForYourself

My point is some Christians are extremely violent too, and also commit disgusting acts of violence. And that there is very little difference between Muslims and Christians.

I agree that there are those that CLAIM to be Christian that are extremely violent. When you talk about Christians in the general since you are talking about ONE BILLION or more people around the whole earth. There are bound to be some phonies and kooks!

I DISAGREE that there is very little difference between Muslims and true Christianity.

One BIG difference in Muslims and Christians is that the leader of Christianity, Jesus Christ, volunteered to go into to Holy City of Jerusalem to give his life willingly to give the non-believers an opportunity to be reconciled back to God. Conversely, the leader of the Muslims, Mohamad, went into cites with the sword and killed all those that did not believe like he did.

Jesus could have had a legion of angels slaughter those that did not believe in Him but choose to offer grace and love instead. So you have one leader that promotes grace and love and the other choose to be extremely violent with his killings. That is one HUGE difference!

Upvote 0

nightflight

Veteran
Mar 13, 2006
Your dreams.
✟30,570.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Check my posts, I agree some Muslims are extremely violent, and commit disgusting acts of violence.

Disagree. But then I am sane. ^_^

Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Shall we derail this thread further and discuss the myriad atrocities committed by atheists or pagans in the name of whatever philosophy or religion they might follow? It would be nice if we could just stipulate that killing people because they simply do not agree with your worldview is probably a bad thing but I am afraid that many would only stipulate that killing people that do not agree with some other worldview than their own is a bad thing.
If one is to take the words of the founder of Christianity as being the foundation of that religion then no one can honestly claim to follow that worldview by using violent means to gain adherents or reduce the number of dissenters. That is not the case with a number of other religions or political philosophies that deem using violence to gain the submission of any opposition as not only necessary but beneficial. A person claiming to be a Christian that uses violence as a tool is doing exactly the opposite of what Christ said and did. It is completely logical and justified to say a person acting in complete opposition to what Christ did and taught is not a true Christian.

Upvote 0

seashale76

Unapologetic Iconodule
Dec 29, 2004
✟173,524.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Married

Yes- we're all aware of your point. However, it's down to statistics in the end. What occurs more is what we hear about more. Keep trying to make it about your pet issue though.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

RDKirk

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,475,615.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Disagree, and you miss Bil Maher's point.

The Pope is the head of the largest single body of Christian belief, and in the Pope's domain of complete authority where his word rules, no beheadings are happening. Saudi Arabia is the center of the Muslim world where the Shariah is the law of the land, and in that land, beheadings happen.

Opinion polls among Muslims indicate that, for instance, the majority don't disagree with violence as the proper response to a cartoon of Muhammad. You won't find the majority of Christians with the same idea about the response to a cartoon of Christ.

Upvote 0

ThinkForYourself

Nov 8, 2013
✟2,284.00
Faith
Atheist
I agree that there are those that CLAIM to be Christian that are extremely violent. When you talk about Christians in the general since you are talking about ONE BILLION or more people around the whole earth. There are bound to be some phonies and kooks!

But then shouldn't Islam get the same benefit of the doubt?

I DISAGREE that there is very little difference between Muslims and true Christianity.

One BIG difference in Muslims and Christians is that the leader of Christianity, Jesus Christ, volunteered to go into to Holy City of Jerusalem to give his life willingly to give the non-believers an opportunity to be reconciled back to God. Conversely, the leader of the Muslims, Mohamad, went into cites with the sword and killed all those that did not believe like he did.

But that is exactly what Jesus said to do, slay all nonbelievers.

Luke 19:26-27:
I tell you that to everyone who has, more shall be given, but from the one who does not have, even what he does have shall be taken away. 27"But these enemies of mine, who did not want me to reign over them, bring them here and slay them in my presence."

Jesus could have had a legion of angels slaughter those that did not believe in Him but choose to offer grace and love instead. So you have one leader that promotes grace and love and the other choose to be extremely violent with his killings. That is one HUGE difference!

But as I just showed in Luke 19, Jesus promoted killing all non believers.

And Jesus also said:

Matthew 10:34
Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,475,615.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
But then shouldn't Islam get the same benefit of the doubt?

But that is exactly what Jesus said to do, slay all nonbelievers.

Luke 19:26-27:
I tell you that to everyone who has, more shall be given, but from the one who does not have, even what he does have shall be taken away. 27"But these enemies of mine, who did not want me to reign over them, bring them here and slay them in my presence."

But as I just showed in Luke 19, Jesus promoted killing all non believers.

And Jesus also said:

Matthew 10:34
Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword.

Jesus was relating a parable, not a command. If He had intended that to be a command, notice that He--unlike Muhammad--did not practice it. Notice that none of His immediate followers took it as a command either.

So apparently He had a wholly different interpretation of His meaning than the one you're attempting to force, and so did all those who were sitting there listening to Him.

And you know that--you're not an obtuse person.

Upvote 0

ThinkForYourself

Nov 8, 2013
✟2,284.00
Faith
Atheist
Disagree, and you miss Bil Maher's point.

The Pope is the head of the largest single body of Christian belief, and in the Pope's domain of complete authority where his word rules, no beheadings are happening. Saudi Arabia is the center of the Muslim world where the Shariah is the law of the land, and in that land, beheadings happen.

You're comparing a little spot of land inside a city to an entire country.

How many beheadings have their been inside the Grand Mosque? That would be a better comparison.

Opinion polls among Muslims indicate that, for instance, the majority don't disagree with violence as the proper response to a cartoon of Muhammad. You won't find the majority of Christians with the same idea about the response to a cartoon of Christ.

Please provide a link. Thanks.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.