Visit site
✟28,184.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Music to the Lord

READ: Psalm 148

Psalm 148:1 (NIV) "Praise the LORD from the heavens, praise him in the heights above."

Have you ever heard one of your favorite songs on the radio and decided to sing (no matter how beautiful it may have sounded!) along with the lyrics? Well, King David traveled that road often during his life. In fact, as you read the dozens of psalms he authored, you have a hard time picturing him being bored in worship, yawning as he mumbles through a hymn. No, like us when we hear our favorite song, he would be singing loud and proud, exhorting by example to his nation of followers how to worship the Most High God.

Now notice Psalm 148. Here the psalmist was calling on every created thing--animal, vegetable, and mineral--to join him in praising God. That is quite a sound! The sound would be so loud that even the famous Ludwig Van Beethoven, who was deaf throughout most of his life, would have no problem hearing it! The author realized that just thinking about God is enough to get him started on a hymn of praise to his Almighty Creator.

The same should be true in our lives when we worship the Lord individually or with a group. There is something about the way God created us that responds to music. Singing praise to God is good for what ails us and it is one way we can say "thank you" to Him for His everlasting grace. The challenge now, then, is to sincerely sing before Him and lift your voice to Him as if the words you are singing are your love song to Him.

Faith Lesson: If you have got a song in your heart to the Lord, don't feel afraid to sing it.

In Christ,
Darin Smith

Submitted by Richard

Evie1980

Learning to thrive
Sep 30, 2005
Where the Lord wants me
✟26,473.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Amen to that. This was beautiful - I remember being young and loving to sing but always being told to be quiet (or that I should take some lessons lol) but you have confirmed for me that we should always sing our praises loudly to the Lord (even if we are slightly off key!) Thanks.

Upvote 0

The Story Teller

The Story Teller
Jun 27, 2003
New Jersey
Visit site
✟28,184.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Evie1980 said:
Amen to that. This was beautiful - I remember being young and loving to sing but always being told to be quiet (or that I should take some lessons lol) but you have confirmed for me that we should always sing our praises loudly to the Lord (even if we are slightly off key!) Thanks.
They don't know what their missing..:D

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Jun 18, 2006
✟15,148.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Politics
US-Republican
"In Psalms, in scriptures chapter ninety-eight verse four it says this: 'Make a joyful noise to the Lord, all the earth:' and in the King James version--I love this--there's a colon right after that and it even says this: 'Make a LOUD noise.' Not just a little bitty quiet noise. A LOUD noise." --David Crowder

Upvote 0

The Story Teller

The Story Teller
Jun 27, 2003
New Jersey
Visit site
✟28,184.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
jesusfreak30791 said:
"In Psalms, in scriptures chapter ninety-eight verse four it says this: 'Make a joyful noise to the Lord, all the earth:' and in the King James version--I love this--there's a colon right after that and it even says this: 'Make a LOUD noise.' Not just a little bitty quiet noise. A LOUD noise." --David Crowder
So make a loud noise..:thumbsup:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums