Your dreams.
✟30,570.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
For much of the modern era, the word music in the MTV acronym has been an afterthought, a vestige of an earlier time and identity.
That's all about to change.
Under the guidance of new President Sean Atkins, the youth network is embarking on a redo that will put music at its center.
With ratings flat or down in a number of time periods, MTV is turning to songs as its savior. The network is prepping a new version of its classic "Unplugged"; a music competition show in the world of hip-hop produced by Mark Burnett; and an L.A.-set live-music series titled "Wonderland." The last one is MTV's first such program in about two decades.
Though much of the network's success this century has come via nonscripted series with little connection to bands ("Jersey Shore," "The Hills")--and though original scripted programming remains the rage across much of the cable dial -- MTV believes it will fare better by returning to its roots.

http://www.latimes.com/entertainmen...-unplugged-kendrick-lamar-20160421-story.html

Can they still carve out a few minutes a day to talk about racism?

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟492,544.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
That boat has sailed, everyone can dredge up any music video they want from the internet in a few seconds, and there are plenty sites that mix and match them to your preference, too.

Reactions: jacknife
Upvote 0

nightflight

Veteran
Mar 13, 2006
Your dreams.
✟30,570.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
That boat has sailed, everyone can dredge up any music video they want from the internet in a few seconds, and there are plenty sites that mix and match them to your preference, too.

Agreed. I just wish they'd change the name of their station to SJTV.

Upvote 0

MehGuy

A member of the less neotenous sex..
Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,161,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Really? I wonder if the shallow sjwism being pushed on the network has anything to do with the ratings slip.

Social justice is cool and all, but not when it's dominated by overly masochistic women looking for their next oppression high. As a shorter male I face many suspiciously similar problems women face (lol), yet if I bring it up I mainly get body shaming comments and absolutely no sympathy. While not being aware that they're probably shooting themselves in the foot since women are shorter on average to men as well. It's almost like shallow social justice isn't really going to solve anything when you fail to look at the bigger picture.

Upvote 0

Chesterton

Whats So Funny bout Peace Love and Understanding
Site Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟865,752.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Really? I wonder if the shallow sjwism being pushed on the network has anything to do with the ratings slip.

Social justice is cool and all, but not when it's dominated by overly masochistic women looking for their next oppression high. As a shorter male I face many suspiciously similar problems women face (lol), yet if I bring it up I mainly get body shaming comments and absolutely no sympathy. While not being aware that they're probably shooting themselves in the foot since women are shorter on average to men as well. It's almost like shallow social justice isn't really going to solve anything when you fail to look at the bigger picture.
Well yeah the SJ crap is totally faddish, they latch onto a small group of things, small enough you could even list them. They don't actually care about doing anything good where it might actually be needed. They love what strokes their egos and those are the non-issues their peer group decides to favor.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟365,720.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
I haven't watched any MTV in a while. Is it REALLY an SJ outlet? CAuse I would not put shows like "Jersey Shore" and "Teen Mom" there.

I say: Good on em. Show music on music televion. I wouldn't expect many to watch as TerranceL said but at least they're gonna die "honourably"

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ChristsSoldier115

Mabaho na Kuya
Jul 30, 2013
The greatest state in the Union: Ohio
✟26,502.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Yeah with hulu, youtube, and netflix I am surprised tv is still surviving. I know a lot of folks who have canceled their cable and just have internet and subscriptions to such streaming services

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟365,720.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Yeah with hulu, youtube, and netflix I am surprised tv is still surviving. I know a lot of folks who have canceled their cable and just have internet and subscriptions to such streaming services
C'est Moi. It's eaaaasy.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Four Angels Standing

2Peter 1:21 Cry Out For Wisdom Grace Heals
Apr 18, 2016
Dallas
✟11,005.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

MehGuy

Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,161,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
That is one show I could just not ever wrap my head around in terms of how and why it was enjoyed.

It took me a little while to get into Beavis And Butthead too. My first impression was that the writing was repetitive and lazy, but after a while I begun to pick up the subtle clues and it turned out to be one of the funniest shows I've ever watched. Which strangely gets better and better after each repeated viewing. I'd say its a show that really sucks you into its atmosphere and is quite unique as far as cartoons go.

Reactions: GoldenBoy89
Upvote 0

nightflight

Veteran
Mar 13, 2006
Your dreams.
✟30,570.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
It took me a little while to get into Beavis And Butthead too. My first impression was that the writing was repetitive and lazy, but after a while I begun to pick up the subtle clues and it turned out to be one of the funniest shows I've ever watched. Which strangely gets better and better after each repeated viewing. I'd say its a show that really sucks you into its atmosphere and is quite unique as far as cartoons go.

I like the episode where they said "cool" and "sucks".

Upvote 0

MehGuy

Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,161,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I like the episode where they said "cool" and "sucks".

I like the one where they get beaten up at a feminist meeting. Lol.

Or the one where they try to make money by suing a girl in their class for sexual harassment simply from looking too attractive and they find a sleazy lawyer willing to take their case, lol.

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟554,900.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Hello! :wave:

I am very happy to say, I am cable-free.

Upvote 0