Moving the Garden East of Eden..Literally: Was Eden Originally in Asia?

Nucleuz

Jan 12, 2013
✟7,614.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Heaven Was Not Made For Humans But For All Creatures. Human's Are Meant To Be Protectors Of The Garden. The Garden Is Nature. Heaven Is Where All Life Is Free To Express Their Beauty, Not Just One Life Form. In The Cosmos When You Are Born Again You Will Most Likely To Be Reborn Within Nature. God Created All Perfect From The Start. God Is Life, Nature Is God's Expression Of Self. Free Your Mind From Its Chains And Walk Into The River Of Life!

Upvote 0

juvenissun

... and God saw that it was good.
Apr 5, 2007
Chicago
✟121,700.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Heaven Was Not Made For Humans But For All Creatures. Human's Are Meant To Be Protectors Of The Garden. The Garden Is Nature. Heaven Is Where All Life Is Free To Express Their Beauty, Not Just One Life Form. In The Cosmos When You Are Born Again You Will Most Likely To Be Reborn Within Nature. God Created All Perfect From The Start. God Is Life, Nature Is God's Expression Of Self. Free Your Mind From Its Chains And Walk Into The River Of Life!

Welcome.

Are you saying that the Garden IS the Heaven?

Upvote 0

Nucleuz

Jan 12, 2013
✟7,614.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
If humans wait till population doubles or triples and don't set a system to give animals and nature rights then every animal on Earth that survives will be under humans dominion and the rest will be cursed to extinction. Does this sound like a world full of demons?

A decent farm wont exist because it will be no longer efficient and only factory farms can be. The forests will be turned into agriculture to meet the growing demand for food.

The consumerist system is like a parasite that consumes in ignorance and kills its host.
Satan's name means to consume and imprison in ancient Hebrew pictographs.

"A good man takes care of his animals, but wicked men are cruel to theirs." - Proverbs 12:10

"The Lord God took the man and put him in the Garden of Eden to work it and take care of it." - Genesis 2:15

Jesus was born in a manger because he was born to take care of the animals and teach humans to be guardians of the Earth. Rather than seeking for Jesus or a Messiah we should seek for Life as the worship of a human is only from humans ego but rather should we not worship the Spirit of Life that filled him?

God put animals in Eden where they are free not in a cage.

God does not control us. That is not the way of love, but gave us free will so that we can understand the beauty of freedom in the garden for all creatures, not dominion over them but to protect them. Is the clay responsible for how the potter shapes it?

"I brought you into a fertile land to eat its fruit and rich produce. But you came and defiled my land and made my inheritance detestable." - Jeremiah 2:7

Ask yourself this, what is Heaven and what is hell?
Does not God make all things perfect from the start? Hell is something only we can create. In the ancient book of Adam and Eve, they were cast from the garden when they desired to eat of the flesh, clothed themselves in animal hide and went into "The Cave of Treasures."

Look at your house stored with all its treasures. Rather than to eat of the Tree of the the Knowledge of Good and Evil, should they have eaten from the Tree of Life? Does a child sob with his or her first kill? Should the Lion eat of the grass?

Is hell like Plato's parable of the cave where everyone is chained in an illusion? Does the prisoner suffer so that the one creating the illusion may benefit from the prisoner? If Heaven is a perfect reality then what is the illusion? Is a perfect reality where only humans may express their beauty or all creatures?

Upvote 0

ChetSinger

Apr 18, 2006
✟124,958.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
If humans wait till population doubles or triples and don't set a system to give animals and nature rights then every animal on Earth that survives will be under humans dominion and the rest will be cursed to extinction. Does this sound like a world full of demons?...
Hello and welcome!

As I understand Genesis, Adam and Eve were originally intended to be vegetarians. And my guess is that we'll be vegetarians again in the New Jerusalem. Even the animals will all chow down on greens. In the meantime, over the past year I've been eating more of what I figure Adam was originally given: fruits, veggies, and nuts. And my weight, energy level, and blood chemistry have all improved. I'm sure it's no accident that eating according to our original design criteria improves our health.

But on a more serious note, I suggest finding a Bible-following church or messianic fellowship. You're clearly into Bible-reading, and that's good, but the theology in your posts gets pretty wild. For example, this:

Rather than seeking for Jesus or a Messiah we should seek for Life as the worship of a human is only from humans ego but rather should we not worship the Spirit of Life that filled him?
Huh? Whoa! The NT says that Jesus is the mediator between God and ourselves. He's the key to everything because we can't approach the Father without him. He said "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the father except through me". He also said "apart from me you can do nothing". So yes, we do need to seek Jesus. He himself said "you will seek me and find me, when you seek me with all your heart".

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Nucleuz

Jan 12, 2013
✟7,614.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
When you seek Truth and Life you will find it and it will set you free. Can a person on a Island find Truth and Life only through Jesus even though he or she has not heard of him? If a man or woman on the island begin planting seeds where there is no Life and make Life abundant will he or she dwell in the Temple of Life? Wherever there is growth there is God. Wherever there is destruction there is death.

Upvote 0

Gxg (G²)

Pilgrim/Monastic on the Road to God (Psalm 84:1-7)
Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
As I understand Genesis, Adam and Eve were originally intended to be vegetarians. And my guess is that we'll be vegetarians again in the New Jerusalem. Even the animals will all chow down on greens. In the meantime, over the past year I've been eating more of what I figure Adam was originally given: fruits, veggies, and nuts. And my weight, energy level, and blood chemistry have all improved. I'm sure it's no accident that eating according to our original design criteria improves our health.

".
:thumbsup:

Huh? Whoa! The NT says that Jesus is the mediator between God and ourselves. He's the key to everything because we can't approach the Father without him. He said "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the father except through me". He also said "apart from me you can do nothing". So yes, we do need to seek Jesus. He himself said "you will seek me and find me, when you seek me with all your heart
Thank you for noting that. It's something that's well understood in the Messianic movement.

Upvote 0

yeshuasavedme

Senior Veteran
May 31, 2004
✟97,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Adam was not a vegetarian when he was created. Abel was a keeper of sheep -a sheepherder. Abel's sheep provided skins for clothing and wool for clothing, plus milk and dairy products, and flesh to eat and to offer as sacrifices to YHWH.
Noah was not a vegetarian, and took seven clean pairs of animals and fowl aboard the ark and one unclean pair, each, of unclean.
Noah offered sacrifices of animals to YHWH and in the sacrifices, the priests eat the meat, also, unless it is a burnt offering.
Animals are discovered fossilized, with animals in their belly's that they had eaten before they were caught in the mud of the flood, and turned to stone. Some fish are frozen in time in rocks of the flood of Noah's making with other fish half in and half out of their mouths.
Angels dined on calf and goat, milk and butter and bread, with Abraham, in Genesis 18.

Jesus said He will celebrate the Passover Feast in the kingdom of God, with the Apostles. Jesus will eat Lamb in the Kingdom of God, with His own.

Jesus ate fish after His resurrection, and no doubt, meat, when He remained on earth for forty days after His resurrection and ate with His disciples.

Act 10:41 Not to all the people, but unto witnesses chosen before of God, [even] to us, who did eat and drink with him after he rose from the dead.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Gxg (G²)

Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
If interested,

There were some discussion threads I began elsewhere on the issue - one of them dealing with the potentiality of Adam and Eve being vegetarians alongside all other wildlife and the other dealing specifically with the ways death may've been present in the animal world/other parts of creation BEFORE the Fall. For more:

Upvote 0

ChetSinger

Apr 18, 2006
✟124,958.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Gxg (G²);62197952 said:
If interested,

There were some discussion threads I began elsewhere on the issue - one of them dealing with the potentiality of Adam and Eve being vegetarians alongside all other wildlife and the other dealing specifically with the ways death may've been present in the animal world/other parts of creation BEFORE the Fall. For more:

Hey, thanks for that! Those were some good discussions. In fact, they've inspired me to cook some more vegetarian dishes that I've cataloged but not yet tried. :cool:

Upvote 0

Gxg (G²)

Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Hey, thanks for that! Those were some good discussions. In fact, they've inspired me to cook some more vegetarian dishes that I've cataloged but not yet tried. :cool:
Cool to know that the discussions blessed you - and I'm glad to know you were blessed by them. What did you happen to enjoy in them?

Also, as I'm loving vegetarian - especially Indian food - what is your favorite?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ChetSinger

Apr 18, 2006
✟124,958.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Gxg (G²);62212202 said:
Cool to know that the discussions blessed you - and I'm glad to know you were blessed by them. What did you happen to enjoy in them?
First, I liked hearing people say that they concluded that Adam was a vegetarian. It seems right to me, and leads me to believe that since God's original creation was very good, and a diet based on it should probably be very good for us. And I occasionally hear these stories of carnivorous animals such as cats who have chosen vegetarian diets and seem to do well.

It makes sense to me that even the animals were vegetarians because of prophecies such as lions laying down with lambs, carnivores eating straw, etc. I understand those passages are meant to point to a restoration of the creation. So I conclude the original creation didn't originally have carnivores.

Being a Gentile, I see Jewish believers bringing a sense of history when they speak. Besides the NT, my Protestant tradition pretty much consists of anything written after the 15th century. It's sufficient, but I know there's more to be had. So I enjoyed the back-and-forth in the Messianic Judaism forum. I might lurk there a bit.

I've seen the discussion of animal death before the Fall being a touchy subject. The YEC point of view is that it didn't happen. I'm not so sure. I'm no theologian, but I don't see the animals being given access to the tree of life. So if they were immortal there was something else supernatural going on. And I don't see that something else in the text, so I conclude that animals may have died of old age even before the Fall. I brought that up in feedback to an article on creation.com and received a firm but gentle "no" from the author. Maybe animals were immortal, but I don't see an exegetical necessity for it.

My beliefs as a YEC may be considered kinda funky. I think even pre-Fall Adam could've died if he fell out of a tree and broke his neck, or swam farther into a river than he could swim back. I even agree with Aquinas that Adam needed to eat from the tree of life on a regular basis to keep aging and eventual death at bay.

Gxg (G²);62212202 said:
Also, as I'm loving vegetarian - especially Indian food - what is your favorite?
I'm big on fresh fruits. They're easy to find here in Pennsylvania, even in the winter. In particular, there's a Mennonite produce store that just opened last year. I go there weekly, and today came home with melons, bananas, clementines, tomatoes, sweet peppers, sweet onions, cucumbers, blueberries, and a zucchini. It's incredible that I can purchase that kind of food in January.

On weekdays about half of my breakfast & lunch calories come from fresh fruit. I'll also do up veggies the night before, roasting potatoes, string beans, or peppers, steaming sweet potatoes, carrots, or peas, or frying zucchini, potatoes, or mushrooms.

I'll make salads from cucumbers, tomatoes, or shredded carrots. There are a lot of Mennonites here and they have about a zillion ways to do up produce into salads. This week I'll be making up a cucumber salad and a three-bean salad.

And I like Mexican food. I have a pretty good Mexican cookbook and I'll make salsas, tacos, enchiladas, or beans. Sometimes I'll snack on fried tortillas and fruit salsa.

I'm not completely vegetarian, and probably never will be, but the amount of meat I consume has dropped dramatically over the past year. Fortunately my wife likes fresh food as well, and never ate much meat herself, so she's very encouraging to me.

Upvote 0

sjdswanlund

Mar 25, 2013
✟15,212.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
My favorite hobby has always been writing and reading, for which they are a passion of mine. I had always, and still do, have the goal of being an author. My favorite genres are fantasy and science fiction, both to read in and to write in. For years I had been dreaming up and planning a huge and epic story to tell.

When I became a born again Christian, some of my ideas I wanted to implement changed. No longer would the series be completely separate from our own, a unique world where Christianity and God don't exist. While I never wanted to directly take the path that C. S. Lewis chose with Narnia acting as an analogy for Christianity, certain elements did interest me.

This would be more than simple historical or biblical fiction. It would be a story that tells the tale of everything from beginning to end, existing in our reality and having my God being the true God in this piece of fiction. While there would be the Good Vs. Evil or Light Vs. Dark themes, it wouldn't be so straight forward, because I want my writings to offer something unique to set it apart from other works.

This fictional series would be divided into multiple series, or story arcs. Some would exist in our present day, in the future, and others in the past, both biblical past and the days after Christ's death but still in the past.

One of the most integral story arcs is that of Genesis and the Antediluvian Age, the age before the Flood, as well as the days after, like the Tower of Babel and Sodom and Gomorrah. Prior to the Flood and the Tower of Babel, I intend to have all the lands of the earth be combined together as one, in what we call Pangaea, the supercontinent.

The floodwaters came from two sources. One of those would be the rain from the clouds sent forth by God. The other source would be from the underground springs that split and burst open. All these underground explosions would be the catalyst for the landmass to break apart.

The speed and intensity in which the tectonic plates would move would be incredibly fast and terrible, much faster then the speed in which they move today. At the end of the Flood, Pangaea would've been broken into Laurasia and Gondwana. Both continents would be fairly close together and the waters much shallower than the oceans now, allowing easier travel to each land from the other.

After the Flood the tectonic plates would begin to slow down in movement, until the time of the Tower of Babel. This would another catalyst, breaking up the world even more once again. Traveling to other lands would be that much harder with the technology of the time, and over the years each land's group of people would evolve culturally, linguistically, but also in regards to religions and myths.

Since the part of the story before, during, and a bit after the flood would use Pangaea as a setting, I need to figure out where certain present day locations would be during the days of Pangaea. I'm not talking about modern day locations that didn't exist in those days, like New York or Tokyo, but more geological sites like rivers and mountains, as well as the Garden of Eden. An example for mountains would be Mount Hermon or Mount Ararat, figuring out which mountains in those days still exist after the transformation and where, and figuring out which ones no longer exist, but still realizing where they would've been on Pangaea.

My ultimate goal is to recreate Pangaea as accurately as possible, using the Bible, as well as other religions, myths, theologies, etc. for references. This could include apocryphal writings, be they true or false, like the Books of Enoch, or places in different mythologies like Greek or Norse mythology - such as the location of Mount Olympus on Pangaea.

This project of creating a detailed map of Pangaea will be a long and difficult task. What I want to know is if anyone wants to be a part of this project as well, making a detailed map of Pangaea more of team effort. Remember, we would be realizing Pangaea as it would've existed in biblical history, to prove certain things through science, geology, archaeology, etc, with the other goal to create the map so it can be implemented to the series I'm writing.

Upvote 0
J

Joshua0

I'm no theologian, but I don't see the animals being given access to the tree of life.
A lot of people believe that their pets will be in Heaven. Hopefully we will not have to clean up after them there. Of course Heaven is Spiritual. For most of us our Body will not be resurrected until Jesus (Bridegroom) comes for us at the rapture.

I conclude that animals may have died of old age even before the Fall.
Satan was thrown down to the Earth a long time ago. Only Adam joined him in the rebellion 6,000 years ago. Animals that devour and consume one another has always been the work of Satan.

Upvote 0
J

Joshua0

One of the most integral story arcs is that of Genesis and the Antediluvian Age, the age before the Flood, as well as the days after, like the Tower of Babel and Sodom and Gomorrah. Prior to the Flood and the Tower of Babel, I intend to have all the lands of the earth be combined together as one, in what we call Pangaea, the supercontinent.
The world wide flood with Pangaea took place millions of years ago. God allowed the Earth to be frozen over for a long time. Noah's flood was a shadow of the world wide flood. The ruins of the towers are still there in Babylon. The soldiers during the war went in and took photos of them. Of course the building materials were limited back then. They use to be a lot more excited about Egypt because of all the gold and the jewelry there.

Traveling to other lands would be that much harder with the technology of the time, and over the years each land's group of people would evolve culturally, linguistically, but also in regards to religions and myths.
40,000 years ago people did not travel very far. The MOST an artifact would travel from where it was made was about 300 miles. Of course the ice did not melt until 12,900 years ago. So people were not able to get up that far north before then. There is a Nanodiamond layer in the Greenland Ice at that time.

rivers and mountains, as well as the Garden of Eden.
Eden was in the Mesopotamia Valley 6,000 years ago. Now they call that the Euphrates River Valley. You could not live back then without fresh water. They use to eat a lot of fish, grains and berrys. 40,000 years ago you see artifacts like fish hooks, nets, spear heads and sowing needles. That was when modern man moved north and took over the area where neanderthals had been living. There could have been as many as a million people alive all over the world back at the time God Created Adam and placed him in the Garden in Eden. This was the beginning of civilization, cities, farming, animal herding. Domestication of plants and animals. The end of the stone age and the beginning of metal. It would be difficult to farm without metal. Before metal they had glass from volcano's. You could cut with it, but I think it would be difficult to do much farming with stone tools.

Mount Ararat,
Mount Ararat is a volcano. I think that is different from mountains formed by plate tectonics.

My ultimate goal is to recreate Pangaea as accurately as possible,
God can take you back in time so you can see for yourself.

using the Bible, as well as other religions, myths, theologies, etc. for references.
I wonder about what was going on at Göbekli Tepe 10,000 years ago. That was not a city, people did not live there. Yet they were very advanced to be able to build the way they did. Yet there was prostitution and the Bible says to stay away from those places. They say there are still some temples like that in India today that are very much like what was going on at Göbekli Tepe 10,000 years ago. Still some people say that was the beginning of Math and Science at those public buildings. So there could have been a lot of different things going on there. It is always a REAL challenge to explain the artifacts that we find. I remember a book once called "The Source". It was real popular back then. It was a Historical Novel. Fiction, but also a book about what life was like thousands of years ago.

making a detailed map of Pangaea more of team effort.
Interesting. I wonder if I can find any information on this. That was back when the Dinosaurs lived and the kids really love to study the Dinosaurs. That is a world that really interests them. I have thought about someday creating a sort of a park where people could see what was alive back then. They say in Heaven there are portals where people can look back into time and see the Creation. Also they are suppose to have Holograms you can see that will show you what the animals looked like back then.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
J

Joshua0

As I understand Genesis, Adam and Eve were originally intended to be vegetarians.
Didn't Jesus eat fish after He was resurrected and had His resurrection body? What was it that Abraham fed to the angels that came to visit with him. I do think that is different though. We are told to eat whatever others give us to eat. I think it is what we choose to eat for ourselves that God holds us accountable.

I hear people say they are not under the law so they can eat whatever they want to eat. Then they end up with a lot of food related health problems. People are talking about a lot of health problems can be cured if people would choose to eat the right foods. My wife and I are getting to were we cook a lot of our food from scratch. I really try to stay away from processed foods.

Upvote 0

Calminian

Senior Veteran
Feb 14, 2005
Low Dessert
✟49,695.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
My favorite hobby has always been writing and reading, for which they are a passion of mine. I had always, and still do, have the goal of being an author. My favorite genres are fantasy and science fiction, both to read in and to write in. For years I had been dreaming up and planning a huge and epic story to tell.

When I became a born again Christian, some of my ideas I wanted to implement changed. No longer would the series be completely separate from our own, a unique world where Christianity and God don't exist. While I never wanted to directly take the path that C. S. Lewis chose with Narnia acting as an analogy for Christianity, certain elements did interest me.

This would be more than simple historical or biblical fiction. It would be a story that tells the tale of everything from beginning to end, existing in our reality and having my God being the true God in this piece of fiction. While there would be the Good Vs. Evil or Light Vs. Dark themes, it wouldn't be so straight forward, because I want my writings to offer something unique to set it apart from other works.

This fictional series would be divided into multiple series, or story arcs. Some would exist in our present day, in the future, and others in the past, both biblical past and the days after Christ's death but still in the past.

The floodwaters came from two sources. One of those would be the rain from the clouds sent forth by God. The other source would be from the underground springs that split and burst open. All these underground explosions would be the catalyst for the landmass to break apart.

The speed and intensity in which the tectonic plates would move would be incredibly fast and terrible, much faster then the speed in which they move today. At the end of the Flood, Pangaea would've been broken into Laurasia and Gondwana. Both continents would be fairly close together and the waters much shallower than the oceans now, allowing easier travel to each land from the other.

After the Flood the tectonic plates would begin to slow down in movement, until the time of the Tower of Babel. This would another catalyst, breaking up the world even more once again. Traveling to other lands would be that much harder with the technology of the time, and over the years each land's group of people would evolve culturally, linguistically, but also in regards to religions and myths.

Since the part of the story before, during, and a bit after the flood would use Pangaea as a setting, I need to figure out where certain present day locations would be during the days of Pangaea. I'm not talking about modern day locations that didn't exist in those days, like New York or Tokyo, but more geological sites like rivers and mountains, as well as the Garden of Eden. An example for mountains would be Mount Hermon or Mount Ararat, figuring out which mountains in those days still exist after the transformation and where, and figuring out which ones no longer exist, but still realizing where they would've been on Pangaea.

My ultimate goal is to recreate Pangaea as accurately as possible, using the Bible, as well as other religions, myths, theologies, etc. for references. This could include apocryphal writings, be they true or false, like the Books of Enoch, or places in different mythologies like Greek or Norse mythology - such as the location of Mount Olympus on Pangaea.

This project of creating a detailed map of Pangaea will be a long and difficult task. What I want to know is if anyone wants to be a part of this project as well, making a detailed map of Pangaea more of team effort. Remember, we would be realizing Pangaea as it would've existed in biblical history, to prove certain things through science, geology, archaeology, etc, with the other goal to create the map so it can be implemented to the series I'm writing.

Not sure I can help with the technical aspects of the pangaea. I do believe that it did exist prior to the flood and that during the flood there was a rapid separation.

I do want to encourage you, though. I'm currently reading The Days of Peleg which is a fictional postdiluvian novel, with a setting about 200 years after the flood. I find it absolutely riveting the way the author brought so many concepts together about early times following the flood. And unlike some other bible setting novels out there, this one seems very accurate and honoring to the Bible—from the great intelligence of man to advanced ingenuity and ship building skills, to climate changes after the flood. Very clever book. It almost feels like a modern work of midrash. Creationist in particular should really appreciate it.

But there is a wealth of material for a good novels found in scripture, especially one that covers antediluvian times. This was indeed a time of mystery, but we do have some very good clues as to what that time was like, and the possibilities are quite amazing—from angelic tyranny to flourishing dinosaurs to advanced science to advanced culture art and music to advanced architecture to brutal violence and war to long lifespans and large populations, perhaps even larger than today's. I could go on on on.

I really would like to see more talented novelists venture into that area. I think they'll find that the truer they stay to the Bible, the better the stories will be.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

yeshuasavedme

Senior Veteran
May 31, 2004
✟97,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Book of Enoch and the "Upright Record -Book of Jasher" give us the timelines and details of the world that then was, and the world that now is....
There was one land mass as Genesis 1 states, with one "waters/mayim below, gathered together", when the "dry" appeared as one land mass, named earth.

Enoch shows us that there were "seas" in the land mass, but not great oceans, before the flood. The "great Sea" is named in Enoch, and seems to be the Mediterranean -that which is at about in the middle of the land mass.

The history book, Jasher, details for us that men's lives were cut off/made short and the land mass was divided up, after the tower of Bab-El rebellion, and those things were marked by the naming of Peleg and Yoktan, to divide the land and to cut short/off the long lives of man. From that time frame, the lives shortened as the land mass was separated more and more, and the one tongue which was confounded into the 70 at Babel grew out like trees with branches, into many tongues from the original one; as the tribes of Adam-kind were scattered more and more over the then dividing land mass.
The name Mitzraim/Egypt meant to measure, and in Egypt and from Egypt the measure of the earth after the flood was done, and even done by satellite in those ancient times; because an ancient map of Antarctica was mapped by satillite and showed a division of that mass by a river, and without ice.
Charles Hapgood wrote a book about the ancient maps [but he is not a believer, and his time frames are not biblical].

Upvote 0

ChetSinger

Apr 18, 2006
✟124,958.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Didn't Jesus eat fish after He was resurrected and had His resurrection body? What was it that Abraham fed to the angels that came to visit with him. I do think that is different though. We are told to eat whatever others give us to eat. I think it is what we choose to eat for ourselves that God holds us accountable.
Hello! While I think a fruit and veggie diet was our original "design criteria", I think God gave Noah and his descendants permission to eat whatever they wanted. So meat-eating in the post-Flood world wasn't a sin.

I hear people say they are not under the law so they can eat whatever they want to eat. Then they end up with a lot of food related health problems. People are talking about a lot of health problems can be cured if people would choose to eat the right foods. My wife and I are getting to were we cook a lot of our food from scratch. I really try to stay away from processed foods.
I agree completely about the health benefits of natural foods. I do believe I'm allowed to eat whatever I want. But regarding diet, I think Paul's words here are applicable:

"All things are lawful," but not all things are helpful. "All things are lawful," but not all things build up.

So, for example, I consider it legal to live on a diet of cheesecake and Coke. But not helpful. Or wise. Certainly not for me, at least.

Upvote 0

Aman777

Christian
Jan 26, 2013
✟30,043.00
Faith
Baptist
Originally Posted by Joshua0
Chet:>>Hello! While I think a fruit and veggie diet was our original "design criteria", I think God gave Noah and his descendants permission to eat whatever they wanted. So meat-eating in the post-Flood world wasn't a sin.

Dear Friends, AFTER Jesus returns to this Planet, every living creature will become vegetarian. Isaiah 11:7 This of course is a future event and fulfills the PROPHECY of Genesis 1:29-30. It's just another confirmation that Genesis 1:28-31 is prophecy of future events, and reveals that we live today at Genesis 1:27, for God is STILL creating mankind in His Image, or In Christ.

In Love,
Aman

Upvote 0