Moving signigicant distance for school/Help

J

jamesrwright3

I have an opportunity to go to a school in MO this year..I currently live in Pittsburgh. I know it's late but I had some family issues. I would be a grad student, but I have never been that far away from friends and family. Anyone else go a significant distance for schooling without really knowing anyone? How did it work out?

Ellesar

biomedical engineer-to-be and LOTR fanatic
Jul 2, 2004
Rinoth with the dragons
Visit site
✟47,119.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I go to a school that's about 500 miles away from home. it was hard at first, but I quickly made some friends. the hardest part for me was not being able to go home whenever I wanted, but what helped is that I and my parents have a cellphone so that I can keep in contact with them while I was away at school.

Upvote 0

redheadskiangel

Veteran
Jun 5, 2007
Vacaville, CA
✟9,495.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
at the moment i go to school in portland and i live in nampa idaho. 413 miles away. we just moved so now i will be a little further away from family. I don't think that it will be too big of a deal to me though because i never went home at all when i was closer only thanksgiving, christmas, and spring break. so nothing is going to change. It is a great opportunity to get to meet new people. generally its really easy to meet some great people to hang out with. it's nothing to stress about. :)

Upvote 0