✟16,807.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
'Movie vampire told me to kill'
A man accused of murdering his friend has told a court how he "wanted to go out and murder people" after watching a vampire film about 100 times.
Allan Menzies, 22, claimed that he was ordered to kill Thomas McKendrick by a character in the movie Queen Of The ******.

He said at the High Court in Edinburgh that he was told he would be rewarded with immortality and become a vampire "in the next life".

Mr Menzies said he was visited in his West Lothian home by the female vampire Akasha, who was played in the film by the late US singer Aaliyah.

He was giving evidence on the sixth day of his trial.

Bedroom visits

Mr Menzies denies killing Mr McKendrick, who he had known since he was four years old, on 11 December last year and attempting to defeat the ends of justice.

The jury has been told that his offer to plead guilty to culpable homicide on the grounds of diminished responsibility was rejected by the Crown.

Mr Menzies, from Fauldhouse, said Akasha visited him in his bedroom.

"In general terms, she started off having conversations with me and it ended up that I had basically agreed with her that if I murdered people I would be rewarded in the next life," he said.

I heard it in my mind, basically, that the two of them were plotting to kill me
Allan Menzies
"I would be made immortal in the next life - a vampire, basically."
He said that he believed Mr McKendrick and another friend, Stuart Unwin, wanted to kill him.

"I heard it in my mind, basically, that the two of them were plotting to kill me," he said.

Mr Menzies told the court he had killed Mr McKendrick using a bowie knife, a kitchen knife and a hammer.

But he said his father Thomas and Mr Unwin had been responsible for disposing of the body.

He said he had not told the police about this to protect his father.

State hospital

Mr Menzies told the court that Akasha had continued to visit him after the killing, but he rejected demands that he kill more people.

He also said the film character had visited him at Carstairs, where he has been a patient for five months.

Mr Menzies said he was "disappointed" that there were no other vampires in the state hospital.

Earlier, two psychiatrists said that Menzies was not suffering from a severe mental illness at the time of the attack.

Personality disorder

Defence counsel Donald MacLeod suggested his client suffered from paranoid schizophrenia.

However, that was rejected by consultant forensic psychiatrists Derek Chiswick and Colin Gray.

Dr Chiswick, 58, said he believed Mr Menzies suffered from an "anti-social personality disorder".

But he said it was "extremely unlikely" that he was a paranoid schizophrenic.

The trial continues.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/scotland/3168520.stm

Ryder

Whatever was the deplorable word
Jan 13, 2003
Michigan
✟23,089.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
"The gun made me do it! No wait it was the knife, nope, sorry, a movie made me do it! Yeah that's it, a talking Ronald McDonald said to buy a gun, which also talked, and they both made me do it. I'm not responsible, I know you won't believe the talking clown so just ask the gun!"

:rolleyes:

Reactions: Konnie
Upvote 0

water_ripple

Aug 14, 2003
Visit site
✟1,561.00
Faith
Christian
Compared to the book that movie was laughable. If the guy had read the storyline in the novel he would have known that Akasha was eliminated as the head. Others took her place, BTW the fictional characters in Anne Rice's novels do not ask mortals to kill for them. They are quite capable of getting victims for themsevles....I enjoy a good fiction. Always have. That is all it is...fiction.

Upvote 0

BigToe

You are my itchy sweater.
Jun 24, 2003
Sudzo's Purple Palace of Snuggles
Visit site
✟35,932.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
"Bullets don't kill people.... Unless you get one lodged in your throat and you choke to death. Keep ammo out of your mouth!"

The thing is people need to be taught the difference between reality and fantasy, right and wrong. Who ever teaches this (parents, schools, churches, youth centers, whomever) needs to help people distinguish for themselves what it is. To blame something on media is absurd. You don't like it you don't have to watch it. But we have the right to speak and get our message out, if it doesn't directly threaten anyone else. And a movie doesn't threaten anyone. A kid who watches the movie and cannot distinguish the difference between reality and fantasy hurt someone.

Upvote 0

feral

Dostoyevsky was right
Jan 8, 2003
✟12,716.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Anyone who commits a murder after watching a film had severe problems to begin with. A movie can't make you kill. I've watched that movie several times without wanting to commit murder. Blaming a film is just another way of avoiding personal responsibility. The man was obviously sick in the mind, and likely anything could have triggered him.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

jhessel

Aug 14, 2003
Visit site
✟8,984.00
Faith
Christian
I am not surprised by this. Reminds me of my thread in the politics forum about music and brainwashing americans.

http://www.christianforums.com/t59312&page=1

many people hate taken their lives after listening to rock songs over and over and over again. It is not a coincidence that movies and music make people take their lives, just satan getting his due if you know what I mean.

Upvote 0

Bushido216

Aug 30, 2003
New York
✟22,562.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
This is just to add fuel to the fire's of those people who blame video games, music, and I suppose now, movies, for societies wrongs. I bet if you ask them how to fix it, they'd say faith in Jesus.

What they ALL FORGET is the difference between the proximal and underlying cause of an event.

Upvote 0

feral

Dostoyevsky was right
Jan 8, 2003
✟12,716.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
many people hate taken their lives after listening to rock songs over and over and over again. It is not a coincidence that movies and music make people take their lives, just satan getting his due if you know what I mean.

Is it the rock music or film that somehow forced them to do something...or is it that the individuals are insane and have lost touch with reality to the point where the film they view obsessively seems real to them? It would seem that the individuals own mental problems caused them to watch the movie over and over in the first place...not that it made them insane.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
This is easy, it's called there is spiritual influence behind movies, satan has influences behind movies, and those who subcumb to the evil spirits behind evil movies will be influenced , thats easy. So in other words lets quit watching evil movies.

Upvote 0

jayswife29

Jun 26, 2003
n.y.
Visit site
✟454.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
While I never felt the urge to get posessed by satan after watching the Exorcist, I can see how easy it is for someone with a pre-existing mental condition to get wrapped up in a movie. My 11 year old son has bi-polar and an anxiety/thought disorder and let me tell you I have a hell of a time trying to calm him down if he so much as hears the news. He has a very hard time figuring out the difference between fiction and non-fiction, even commercials get his mind reeling. Living in a society that is so double minded doesnt help either.

Upvote 0

jhessel

Aug 14, 2003
Visit site
✟8,984.00
Faith
Christian
feral said:
[/font]

Is it the rock music or film that somehow forced them to do something...or is it that the individuals are insane and have lost touch with reality to the point where the film they view obsessively seems real to them? It would seem that the individuals own mental problems caused them to watch the movie over and over in the first place...not that it made them insane.

let me answer that with a post from someone else in this thread

"This is easy, it's called there is spiritual influence behind movies, satan has influences behind movies, and those who subcumb to the evil spirits behind evil movies will be influenced , thats easy. So in other words lets quit watching evil movies."

and something i copied and pasted which explains it all with the key words "hypnotic tones and notes" (this is your answer)

Woodstock '99 & Phish

And for those interested in the Woodstock '99 - Phish connection:

FANS FIND SOMETHING FISHY ABOUT PHISH CONCERTS

DENVER (Wireless Flash) -- There's something fishy about the band Phish -- at least if you believe a man who's been to more than 30 of the group's psychedelic shows.

23-year-old Dan Hinman claims he's witnessed all sorts of odd behavior at the concerts and has concluded that the shows might be mind control experiments conducted by the government. Hinman says the band plays very unique hypnotic tones and notes which frequently transform the audience into a group of willing zombies.

Even more suspicious, the band has held several concerts at military bases where mind control projects are supposedly underway.

Hinman believes the government might be experimenting with a method to control the youth of America by making them more passive.

He claims the sad thing is that most Phish fans are so devoted to the band, they refuse to believe the concerts could be mind control experiments.

So far, Dr. John Coleman. It's not mentioned here, but the Rolling Stones were created from the same source and with the same purpose. Beatles were supposed to be the "good guys" while the Rolling Stones were the "bad guys". Also, Rolling Stones were experts in creating repeating "riffs", meaning a musical phrase that's looping over and over again (like in "Satisfaction", "Jumping Jack Flash" etc.). These repeating riffs triggers the mind and makes one receptive to whatever sub-message you want to transfer into the listener's minds. In the case of the Rolling Stones we have satanic messages in their lyrics, and they have repeated that over and over through the years (what about Bridge To Babylon, where Babylon is a satanic phrase within the Brotherhoods).

Upvote 0

Bushido216

Aug 30, 2003
New York
✟22,562.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
jhessel said:
"This is easy, it's called there is spiritual influence behind movies, satan has influences behind movies, and those who subcumb to the evil spirits behind evil movies will be influenced , thats easy. So in other words lets quit watching evil movies."

---------------------------------------- (THIS LINE PUT IN BY BUSHIDO216)

He claims the sad thing is that most Phish fans are so devoted to the band, they refuse to believe the concerts could be mind control experiments.
Okay, I split up this quote since I didn't feel like quoting twice, let's go over each bit in order, shall we?

I doubt Satan has influence in movies... That's just a cop out for when you have no real reason why a movie ought not be shown. And we've already gone over the fact that if a person who is mentally ill or unstable sees something like that, they might do something stupid. It's not because of the movie, it's because they're mentally ill or unstable.

Second, could that perhaps be because even Phish fans are smart enough to know that this is ****? And seriously, why is Hinman the only one who doesn't get his mind-controlled? Is he somehow special? Besides repeated psychological tests have shown that subliminal messaging doesn't work.

Upvote 0