Moved: The daily advice

A New Day

Jan 7, 2013
✟16,921.00
Faith
Christian
:wave:

I would like to make a thread for an advice every day, if you want to say any advice please do.

I will start.

Paul said Romans 12:15 Rejoice with those who rejoice, and weep with those who weep. and 1 Corinthians 10:33 just as I also please all men in all things, not seeking my own profit, but the profit of many, that they may be saved.

The gospel is the good news, my advice is when you say someting try to not say it offensively because you care for other people. How is that important? it is important because the faith comes from hearing.

DiscipleHeLovesToo

Site Supporter
Nov 13, 2010
✟77,537.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Rom 8:14
(14) For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

be a son (or daughter) of God - be led by Him - not by feelings, intellect, experience, tradition, money, people, diagnosis, prognosis, stars, signs, common sense (for what is common about God?), etc. etc. etc. - and by all means, do NOT be led by fear!

:)

Upvote 0

A New Day

Jan 7, 2013
✟16,921.00
Faith
Christian
Rom 8:14
(14) For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

be a son (or daughter) of God - be led by Him - not by feelings, intellect, experience, tradition, money, people, diagnosis, prognosis, stars, signs, common sense (for what is common about God?), etc. etc. etc. - and by all means, do NOT be led by fear!

:)

Thank you, the hearing is a feeling no? We have five senses and the faith comes from hearing, if someone that is new to Christianity is rebuked/judged offensively first that may not be a good idea and that is an example.

Allow me to add:

Hebrews 4:12 For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

2 Timothy 3:16 All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness,

2 Timothy 4:2 Preach the word; be prepared in season and out of season; correct, rebuke and encourage--with great patience and careful instruction

It is the word of God that is sharper and piearcing and not us, yet when we rebuke and when we encourage with the word, we do it with great patience.

Upvote 0

DiscipleHeLovesToo

Site Supporter
Nov 13, 2010
✟77,537.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
'hearing' has two forms - one that is a physical sense and one that is a spiritual sense - there is the physical 'outer' ear that perceives vibrations in the air, and the spiritual 'inner' ear that perceives the leading of the Holy Spirit. Jesus often said to people 'He that hath ears to hear, let him hear' and yet no doubt the vast majority of people listening at the time had 'outer' ears - He meant that their spiritual 'inner' ear was needed to understand what He said.

if you're led by God, you won't be offensive even when you must be firm.

Upvote 0

A New Day

Jan 7, 2013
✟16,921.00
Faith
Christian
Thank you for making your thought clear, I agree with your advice however if you notice I underlined the word try in my first post.

Allow me to explain my idea/advice more.

Some times it takes to be extreme like to judge other people yet who are those people? 1 Corinthians 5:12 For what have I to do with judging those also who are outside? Do you not judge those who are inside? 13 But those who are outside God judges. Therefore “put away from yourselves the evil person.”

They are that are already Christians but my advice is about the new person to the Christianity, then for those Paul goes to the other extreme: 1 Corinthians 9:20 and to the Jews I became as a Jew, that I might win Jews; to those who are under the law, as under the law, that I might win those who are under the law

I wish that that made my idea/advice more clear, and all what Paul did was not to please man: Galatians 1:10 For do I now persuade men, or God? Or do I seek to please men? For if I still pleased men, I would not be a bondservant of Christ.

Upvote 0

Emmy

Senior Veteran
Feb 15, 2004
✟50,995.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Dear A New Day. I like your daily advice. Here is mine.
In Luke 10: 27: it is said: Love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, with all thy soul, and with all thy mind: and thy neighbour as thyself. Jesus approved of it, and Jesus said: " Do this and you will LIVE." I say this with love. Greetings from Emmy, your sister in Christ.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

whitebeaches

Legend
Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2007
✟144,700.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Mod Hat On​

This thread has undergone a mini clean up due to the violation of the Off Topic Rule:

Start threads that are relevant to that forum's stated purpose. Submit replies that are relevant to the topic of discussion.

If you noticed a post of yours missing it was removed in the clean up. Please remember to stay on topic of the original post. Thank you​

Mod Hat Off​

Upvote 0

A New Day

Jan 7, 2013
✟16,921.00
Faith
Christian
The advice of today:

The prayer is powerful, When we pray we pray with what is of God that is the love and the longing for God like in the Psalms: As the deer pants for the water brooks,
So pants my soul for You, O God. Psalm 42:1

If you do not have love in your heart, and I am the first one, open your mouth to God and he knows how he can make out of a stone a heart for praise.

If you have an advice do not hesitate please, it may be a blessing.

Upvote 0

Kristen.NewCreation

Jul 11, 2007
Visit site
✟303,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
adminmove_zps3971974a.jpg

This thread has been moved from Christian Advice to Non-Denominational Forum.

ADMIN HAT OFF

Upvote 0