[MOVED] Losing my faith... need christian feedback...

truthsearcher63

Aug 27, 2015
✟7,611.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
a friend who is an atheist sent me this website http://see_the_truth.webs.com/ which heavily researches Christianity and its origins despite being made by a satanist the information seems legit(please focus on the content not the creator). I have been a christian for my whole life and this is the first time I am having my doubts.

also he sent me this please feedback

Another Lazarus

Old Newbie
Sep 19, 2013
✟49,808.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If you read the first book of Adam and Eve, you will find that satan tried to deceive Adam n Eve for so many times and even tried to kill them so as to own the earth by themselves.

satan even disguising himself as an old man and claimed it was created by God to rescue them.
so be4 u lost ur faith by the works of smart fallen angels whose mind is beyond our measure read this
http://www.sacred-texts.com/bib/fbe/index.htm#section_000

Jesus bless u all HalleluYAH

Upvote 0

Pink Spider

EUROPEAN ANGLICAN
Site Supporter
May 26, 2013
Sweden
✟38,072.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single

MOD HAT ON

This Thread has been moved to the
'Exploring Christianity' Forum after careful
consideration by CF-Staff.

PLEASE remember:
In 'Exploring Christianity' only one
non-Christian (The OP) is allowed to
post!!!

Please see the SOP (Statement of Purpose'
for the 'Exploring Christianity' Forum.

Thank You!

MOD HAT OFF

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Short Timer

Aug 19, 2015
✟8,677.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
a friend who is an atheist sent me this website http://see_the_truth.webs.com/ which heavily researches Christianity and its origins despite being made by a satanist the information seems legit(please focus on the content not the creator). I have been a christian for my whole life and this is the first time I am having my doubts.

also he sent me this please feedback

Satan always "Mimics" God,
The Antichrist will claim to be the "Son of God" or "Messiah".
We Have God the Father, God the Son (Jesus) and the Holy Spirit/Ghost.
We have Satan the father, the "Son of Satan" (perdition) and their demons "Spirit". (fallen angels)

What they are trying to tell you is that God/Jesus "mimics" the devil and his "Trinity", (satan/son/demons)

Instead of Satan mimicking God/Son/Spirit.

Like calling evil good and good evil, they have everything "Backwards".

Understand that God/Son/Spirit was what created everything "in the beginning",

All these "other gods" are what you could call a "spin off" to look like the original "Creators",

God/Jesus are not a "Spin off" of some heathen god, because they existed before anything else.

Upvote 0

SepiaAndDust

There's a FISH in the percolator
May 6, 2012
Mid-America
✟26,546.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
In the case of Krishna, at least, Krishna was the eighth child, so I don't think virgin birth would apply. Also, Krishna's father was of noble birth, making it unlikely that he would have been a carpenter (and I can't find such a reference in any of the common source texts).

Upvote 0

oi_antz

Opposed to Untruth.
Apr 26, 2010
New Zealand
✟7,997.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
OP: keep in mind this information from Jesus Christ: John 10:10. Those who have invited Jesus to be their Lord, King and friend have found just as St. Peter did, that He has the words of life. It is of course your entitlement to believe somebody else who has not known Him, though I would recommend careful consideration if you are serious and if you value the truth.

Upvote 0

Buggins

Apr 10, 2014
✟10,256.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
There's no harm in having doubts. We all have them especially as young Christians, but even older Christians can find themselves wrestling with issues from time to time. Christianity is a relationship with God through Jesus Christ and enabled by the Holy Spirit.
God loves you and as you talk to Him about your doubts and fears He will strengthen you, and your faith and ability to deal with this kind of garbage will grow.
Christians have been facing these kinds of attacks from the beginning of the Church. Talk about it openly with friends or family.
God Bless and keep you.

Last edited:
Reactions: LaSorcia
Upvote 0

hedrick

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Feb 8, 2009
New Jersey
✟1,148,608.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
I haven’t read the whole site, but the page you pointed to is the atheist equivalent of Christian conspiracy theorists. We know a lot about the history of Christianity. Most of the claims of pagan borrowing are bunk: Here’s a good rebuttal of one of the more common ones: http://tektonics.org/copycat/mithra.php. (I don’t agree with much of the theology on Tektonics, but this particular posting seems to be a good source.)

Does that mean there’s no influence? Of course not. Christianity in the 1st Cent was influenced by the surrounding culture, just as it is today, but not in quite such an overt way. Some of the influences:

* The terms used in defining the Trinity and Incarnation certainly come from Greek philosophy. That’s not a surprise, of course, since that was the most sophisticated philosophy known at the time.
* The term “Gospel” and “good news” seems to have been used by the adherents of Caesar, referring to announcements of various triumphs of Caesar. Hence Jesus’ use of the term can reasonably be viewed as confrontational, as a direct challenge to the claims of Caesar.
* Claims that Jesus’ resurrection is a pagan knock-off vanish when you start looking at the supposed parallels more closely. But rebirth, both literal and spiritual, is certainly a common theme in religions and philosophies. So are things like judgement after death and some kind of afterlife. Indeed those are present in Judaism, which is the most convincing background for Christianity.

Other parts of the site are too absurd to bother with. I particularly liked the treatment of 9/11. What that has to do with magic in the Bible (which was the title) I have no idea.

The articles on communism are interesting. It is quite true that Christianity is community-oriented. US Christianity has at times tried to turn Christianity into “just me and Jesus,” seeing it as just a way for individuals to avoid hell. But in fact Jesus said he was coming to found the Kingdom of God, a community of followers of Jesus. Jesus trained a community of followers, and Acts clearly shows the early days of the Christian community. The problem with Russian communism wasn’t that it was community-oriented, but that it was based on ideas of human behavior that didn’t work (that if the State took over the economy, selfishness would magically disappear), and that it turned totalitarian. Jesus certainly didn’t advocate a totalitarian State. His Kingdom had him as king, although at times Christian leaders have tried to take that authority for themselves. Being a Christian doesn't require you to accept right-wing American politics. Christians can certainly believe that we have a responsibility to deal with the poor and other powerless people. The Prophets were clear about that, as was Jesus. The question, however, is what approaches do that best. Communism is pretty clearly a failure.

Note the anti-Semitic, conspiracy-theory orientation of the site. That should clue you in to the unreliability of the information there.

There are certainly reasons why good people sometimes find Christianity hard to believe. I’d be happy to talk with you about them. But that site isn’t a useful place to start.

Reactions: graceandpeace
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

graceandpeace

Episcopalian
Sep 12, 2013
✟22,175.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
^I agree with Hedrick. Scanning over some of the site, it definetly is conspiracy-theory oriented, & there is a streak of anti-Semitism. In short, it's not a trustworthy source for information.

For learning about Christianity (or any religion), it would be better to pick up some scholarly books as a starting point. There are books on history, commentaries on biblical books, etc.

It's okay to have doubts about your faith, but that website is not a good source to help you.

Upvote 0

Hospes

Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2005
Arizona
Visit site
✟48,887.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Though I could be wrong, you appear to be one of those folks with missionary zeal for atheism with deceit thrown in for good measure. Heres why:
  1. You write that you have been a Christian your whole life and you are just now having doubts, yet you chose "Atheist" as your choice of faith.
  2. You've never posted here before.
  3. You chose the forum name Truthsearcher to emphasize your desire for truth, yet you link to a site that is obviously not that concerned with an honest search for what is truth.
If I am wrong, my apologies to you. If I am right, you really need to work your delivery.

Upvote 0

aiki

Feb 16, 2007
Winnipeg
✟236,538.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married

also he sent me this

This is not new stuff. The charge that biblical accounts are derived from pagan sources has been thoroughly debunked.

http://www.str.org/articles/is-jesus-simply-a-retelling-of-the-mithras-mythology#.VeDkufZ3kdU

http://www.str.org/articles/is-jesus-simply-a-retelling-of-the-horus-mythology#.VeDlYvZ3kdU

http://www.carm.org/christianity-copy-from-pagan-religions

http://www.carm.org/jews-borrow-pagans

Take a deep breath and relax. Neither the Satanist website nor your atheist friend are correct. Not even close. If these things can so easily shake your faith you ought to be concerned about the basis for your claim to be a Christian.

Selah.

Reactions: True Blu
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,471.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So, there are claims that others have had virgin birth and have been resurrected. But they haven't done anything for me. Jesus is personally interested in each of us, including how He came here to this earth in order to go through things of this life, like we do, so now He can feel for us and help us >

"For we do not have a High Priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but was in all points tempted as we are, yet without sin." (Hebrews 4:15)

We are not on our own, expected to get our own selves to do what God wants.

Upvote 0

dcalling

Jan 31, 2014
✟107,345.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
When you first see some of this, first debate with some experienced people from other faith or atheists (I was once a strong atheist debater trying to pump ideas of evolution), it is always a shook.

However it is rather easy to see most of the stuff is baseless (maybe have some base, but weak ones).

And last consider this, has any of the links give Christianity the idea that one should Love God and Love our neighbors as ourselves? Has any of them state that we alone can't save ourselves but by God's grace? Only God can give us that.

Lastly, check out the legend of Horus on wiki. It looks nothing like what claimed on your picture....

Last edited:
Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,471.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
please feedback
Hi, Truth Searcher :) I personally am very careful about using my time and attention to go to websites, because I have discovered how other websites can be a run-around and not give what really can help me.

So, may be you could share here what really is your main concern, with not a lot of details.

If you are concerned, really, about how certain people have claimed that others have been said to be virgin birth and resurrected, I notice how no one seems to know much about these people. And history has not been obviously changed, like we see with Jesus . . . though, of course, a lot of history things have been wrong and misrepresentations of the real Jesus.

The real Jesus is "gentle and lowly in heart" . . . not about bossing and controlling people. Jesus is not a "people hoarder" . . . like animal hoarders who think they are rescuing animals but they don't give them what they need >

"'Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.'" (Matthew 11:28-29)

If you ever have trusted in Jesus, and obeyed how He takes care of us, you have had "rest for your souls" with us. But if what you were into was a misrepresentation of Christian faith . . . you might tell us about what this was.

Upvote 0

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟735,652.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi,

When I was a young Christian I encountered this argument and it seemed to make some sense. It was very confusing. But as the years progressed my personal faith in God grew, I now know the arguments you have read are just made up rubbish.

If you would like to see some proof of God, my website lists a few miracles that God has performed for us lately. http://www.everybodymattersministry.com/

Upvote 0