Moriah's statement - Can it be framed !!??!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrhappy3

May 9, 2006
LONDON
✟8,314.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
In relation to salvation

Moriah answers: Nothing anymore. A lie, a trick, a mindjob pretending to cure ills what actually creates them. In 28 years of being aware of the meaning of christian faith and 44 years of being alive, it has not yet ever met a single follower of christ who truly and consistently embodied the likeness of His character in their person. And ironically the ones most hung up on "living right" seem to be the most toxic of all.

I can see where she is coming from - the statement made me both Laugh and cry and laugh again.

Framed in the HALL of CF great quotes for me.

More power to you sister....:thumbsup:

It is better to be loved or hated..than to be a fence sitter. again:thumbsup:

E

enoch son

What we have here is (don't get mad) the false teaching of the church. Only if I'm good and pray and give long enough I'll make it to the gates of pearl and get my mansion.
BULL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
One doesn't see things because one doesn't belief things outside of one sight.
The sooner we get out of Heb. 11 and Live in Heb. 12 the faster things will come into sight.
GOOD TO SEE YOU BACK SIS!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SpiritPsalmist

Heavy lean toward Messianic
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2002
Southeast Kansas
✟393,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
In relation to salvation

Moriah answers: Nothing anymore. A lie, a trick, a mindjob pretending to cure ills what actually creates them. In 28 years of being aware of the meaning of christian faith and 44 years of being alive, it has not yet ever met a single follower of christ who truly and consistently embodied the likeness of His character in their person. And ironically the ones most hung up on "living right" seem to be the most toxic of all.

I can see where she is coming from - the statement made me both Laugh and cry and laugh again.

I love you too Moriah and I apologize for not truly and consistently showing forth the likeness of His character in my person. I believe HIS character is within me, but my flesh is just in constant rebellion to Him. Therefore, it's taking awhile for HIM to finish me. I think it's that way with all of us though. I'm not sure there were any mentioned in scripture either. It was their faith that was accounted to them as righteousness, not their never making a mistake.

Upvote 0

Moriah_Conquering_Wind

Mar 6, 2006
✟34,174.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Moriah did not mean never making a mistake. Everyone makes mistakes, believer or non-believer. But there would be a major difference between really trying to cultivate Christlike love and compassion for ALL (even one's enemies and those one naturally finds detestable) versus assuming just because one has been "saved" oneself means it has suddenly become entirely optional to care about how one treats and deals with those whom one perceives to be "lost" or "straying" or "deceived" or WHATEVER.

Too many seem to think anything goes to force their convictions (and the chains these forge) onto others, to poison them with something falsely labeled the Ultimate Cure, including hijacking the halls of legislature -- meant to serve ALL people NOT just themselves -- to serve their own agendas exclusively and supremely in an oppressive attempt to force the specific behavioral shibboleths of their religion on those who do not subscribe to their religion. But their sadistic cruelties bes not limited to this obvious extreme. They also enact this same attitude of oppression and calloused disregard in a million "little tiny" ways every day with their fellowmen.

Going by all Christ Himself taught, a selfish Christian should be a contradiction in terms. Instead, it seems to be the norm, and these seem to be utterly blind to the true nature of their attitudes and actions in this regard because, once again, they delude themselves that because they supposedly "have the truth", anything goes when it comes to them imagining themselves to be "defending" it. They don't realize that they themselves actually become the aggressors and oppressors they claim everyone else around them to be as part of the make-believe "justification" for becoming that in "self defense". It bes like Peter whipping out his sword to ostensibly "defend" his Lord from being seized and crucified, still not comprehending that his Lord CHOSE that path KNOWING what He bes doing. And all he managed to do bes to cut off the EAR of an innocent bystander. Many Christians today do the same thing, whipping out their proverbial swords and waving them about dangerously in frantic ignorance thinking they have to defend God somehow -- but they only end up cutting off the EARS of those standing nearby, that being, making it impossible for them to HEAR the Word as the Word OUGHT be heard for what it REALLY means, not for what it gets spun into by those who imagine it sanctions their nefarious course and puts God Himself in their pockets at their disposal, beck & call.

But all they do bes to shoot the wounded, kick those already on the ground, and drive needy, hungry souls away from the One who has tried to draw them. And if perchance one such soul DOES break through those obstacles and barriers, they lock them in chains of toxic soteriology, put them on the works treadmill and feed them a steady diet of guilt and fear until their fledgling faith collapses into shipwreck from sheer exhaustion and being beaten to death mentally/emotionally/spiritually with confusion and stress. It bes even as JC Himself said -- they block the gates to the Kingdom, refusing to go in themselves but hanging around there forming a blockade so others cannot enter either.

Thanks for listening.

Reactions: Ivy
Upvote 0

Elijah2

No weapons formed against me will prosper.
Aug 15, 2006
Australia
✟26,096.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Moriah did not mean never making a mistake. Everyone makes mistakes, believer or non-believer. But there would be a major difference between really trying to cultivate Christlike love and compassion for ALL (even one's enemies and those one naturally finds detestable) versus assuming just because one has been "saved" oneself means it has suddenly become entirely optional to care about how one treats and deals with those whom one perceives to be "lost" or "straying" or "deceived" or WHATEVER.

Too many seem to think anything goes to force their convictions (and the chains these forge) onto others, to poison them with something falsely labeled the Ultimate Cure, including hijacking the halls of legislature -- meant to serve ALL people NOT just themselves -- to serve their own agendas exclusively and supremely in an oppressive attempt to force the specific behavioral shibboleths of their religion on those who do not subscribe to their religion. But their sadistic cruelties bes not limited to this obvious extreme. They also enact this same attitude of oppression and calloused disregard in a million "little tiny" ways every day with their fellowmen.

Going by all Christ Himself taught, a selfish Christian should be a contradiction in terms. Instead, it seems to be the norm, and these seem to be utterly blind to the true nature of their attitudes and actions in this regard because, once again, they delude themselves that because they supposedly "have the truth", anything goes when it comes to them imagining themselves to be "defending" it. They don't realize that they themselves actually become the aggressors and oppressors they claim everyone else around them to be as part of the make-believe "justification" for becoming that in "self defense". It bes like Peter whipping out his sword to ostensibly "defend" his Lord from being seized and crucified, still not comprehending that his Lord CHOSE that path KNOWING what He bes doing. And all he managed to do bes to cut off the EAR of an innocent bystander. Many Christians today do the same thing, whipping out their proverbial swords and waving them about dangerously in frantic ignorance thinking they have to defend God somehow -- but they only end up cutting off the EARS of those standing nearby, that being, making it impossible for them to HEAR the Word as the Word OUGHT be heard for what it REALLY means, not for what it gets spun into by those who imagine it sanctions their nefarious course and puts God Himself in their pockets at their disposal, beck & call.

But all they do bes to shoot the wounded, kick those already on the ground, and drive needy, hungry souls away from the One who has tried to draw them. And if perchance one such soul DOES break through those obstacles and barriers, they lock them in chains of toxic soteriology, put them on the works treadmill and feed them a steady diet of guilt and fear until their fledgling faith collapses into shipwreck from sheer exhaustion and being beaten to death mentally/emotionally/spiritually with confusion and stress. It bes even as JC Himself said -- they block the gates to the Kingdom, refusing to go in themselves but hanging around there forming a blockade so others cannot enter either.

Thanks for listening.

Always listening M.:kiss:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SpiritPsalmist

Heavy lean toward Messianic
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2002
Southeast Kansas
✟393,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single

Thanks for listening.

I'm not denying that some of what you describe goes on. However, frequently when we ourselves are hurting we see all kinds of things in the actions and words of others that we choose to pick out and pick at as un-Christlike.

I personally have met several believers that I would say I saw Christ in them. No, they did not necessarily do everything the way I, in my need thought they should, but God worked through them despite what I thought they should have done vs what they actually did.

Through all that I came to the conclusion that God is in control no matter what. He knows what I need and what I don't need. A great deal of the time the way I thought they should have acted was not at all the way they needed to act in order for God to do in me what He needed to do. If they had done what I thought would have been the more "Christ-like" thing to do they only would have kept me in my position of expecting from others what I should expect only from God.

If what you're currently doing Morah is working for you then by all means continue. I understand that you feel you have tried everything and it has not worked for you. I personally have always found God's promises to meet my needs so I cannot quite fathom the idea that those promises are not kept towards all who call on Him, Yet that is what I hear you saying. I don't know how to respond to you. No matter what I say you percieve it differently than I mean it. Kind of the same thing you keep saying about us.
If my response out of love to you is not acceptable to you then I can only trust that God will meet the need where I am failing.

God says of Himself that He comes to the rescue of all who call on the name of the Lord. No matter what I don't understand, I cannot allow the actions of others to bring me to denying what I believe of Him. I and others may fail, but HE will not.

I hope you are blessed by this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJbwx990hVo

Last edited:
Upvote 0

FoundInGrace

God's sparrow
Dec 27, 2003
✟38,472.00
Faith
Christian
imagine meeting Jesus seriously aye, imagine how incredible it must have been to be near that perfect love, God in the flesh, day in day out as the disciples got the chance to, I've seen glimpses but I can't wait for heaven to be around Him. God actually is love.
my mind can't really comprehend what that would be like

Upvote 0

MoNiCa4316

Totus Tuus
Jun 28, 2007
✟34,687.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
:hug:'s to you Moriah.

I'm not a great follower of Christ by any means. I wish I was.

I think that at the heart of Christianity is wanting to do God's will first, not what one imagines or wants God's will to be, but what it *truly* is, and - living out His love.. if we claim to have God's love in us but hate our neighbour, we are speaking a lie.
love and obedience and humility. That's all that's necessary.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Floatingaxe

Apr 14, 2007
Ontario, Canada
✟22,726.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
In relation to salvation

People who look at their fellow man and not at Jesus Christ, yet rail against them have the problem.

Nothing there is deserving of framing. It comes from the depths. We are to lift each other up in the Lord, and expose error.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Floatingaxe

Apr 14, 2007
Ontario, Canada
✟22,726.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
imagine meeting Jesus seriously aye, imagine how incredible it must have been to be near that perfect love, God in the flesh, day in day out as the disciples got the chance to, I've seen glimpses but I can't wait for heaven to be around Him. God actually is love.
my mind can't really comprehend what that would be like

Amen!

But it is possible to meet the Saviour in a profound, life-changing way today!

Upvote 0

Moriah_Conquering_Wind

Mar 6, 2006
✟34,174.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Reactions: Ivy
Upvote 0

Moriah_Conquering_Wind

Mar 6, 2006
✟34,174.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
:hug:'s to you Moriah.

I'm not a great follower of Christ by any means. I wish I was.

I think that at the heart of Christianity is wanting to do God's will first, not what one imagines or wants God's will to be, but what it *truly* is, and - living out His love.. if we claim to have God's love in us but hate our neighbour, we are speaking a lie.
Now that's some good stuff MoNiCa.

Upvote 0

habeas

Veteran
Jun 18, 2005
✟3,180.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
In relation to salvation

The law convicts, it is just -- but it will never justify. I admit I've tried unsuccessfully to stop sinning altogether....all the time without fully comprehending, went about attempting to establish my own righteousness. It did not work, needless to say. It brought me to to my knees in humility though, with the understanding that I could never do it.

The law is not manageable. The Lord let me know that is why there is His grace, you know that thing that's called amazing? :D His grace is sufficient. Where sin abounds, that much more does grace abound. We have no righteousness in and of ourselves, but that is why His righteousness is imputed to us.

We must seek the things of heaven first and His righteousness, not our own. Our righteousness is as filthy rags. If the blood of animals atoned for sin in the OT, what more is the power of His blood which EVER liveth to make intercession for us? God reminded Martin Luther, while he was busy scourging himself, as self-punishment for sins, that the just shall live by faith.

When we receive His grace, through faith, we behold His glory and holiness are thereby transformed more and more into His likeness.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.