More than 20 faith leaders gather to bless Planned Parenthood's newest clinic in DC

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟439,718.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
✟439,718.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
And If it's individual policies are antithetical to one's moral beliefs, what drives one to support it?

And again I'll ask, how is speaking out against those individual policies tantamount to NOT supporting it's existence?

That's where I'm confused... Modern, secular, democratic Israel seems to possess some sort of almost "voo-doo-taboo" protection around it that people are genuinely frightened to speak critically about ANY of its policies, not matter how horriffic and barbaric.

And couldn't we apply your reasoning to Planed Parenthood?
When one speaks of supporting the embattled clinics of Planned Parenthood, we speak of supporting it's very existence as a Health Clinic, not the support of its individual policies or procedures.
PPF and Israel are not necessarily connected.
Look at it this way, defund and hope for their fall, and their long reaching filth wont be in other countries.

Upvote 0

parousia70

Livin' in yesterday's tomorrow
Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
PPF and Israel are not necessarily connected.

They Both provide Abortions to pretty much any woman that wants one.
Seems connected in that way for sure.

Look at it this way, defund and hope for their fall, and their long reaching filth wont be in other countries.

Defund Israel and hope for their fall and their long reaching filth wont be in other countries?

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,236,610.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Just as a majority of Americans refused to support the bombastic bully a small minority of Americans elected, many Israeli citizens strongly oppose the human rights violations that Netanyahu practices against the Palestinians.

Supporting Israel should mean helping them find a meaningful pathway to living in peace with their neighbors.
What do you think about 'faith leaders' blessing an abortion clinic? Which was what this thread was actually about.

Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
✟439,718.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Seems connected in that way for sure.

Defund Israel and hope for their fall and their long reaching filth wont be in other countries?
Israel, and every other country on this planet have been 'taught' this is the way to go.
We fund Africa too, who aborts.
We fund a lot of countries who abort for 'health' reasons.
I have long been getting Catholic news since the 90's on the evil being spread world wide by the teachings of the BIG PPF.

Truly, the evil of abortion has been taught every where.
Israel's sole purpose isnt abortion - it's the ending cause of the original teacher.... that this is about women's health.
Catholics know it isn't... and the one who spread this error isn't any one country but PPF itself.
And the agenda which succeeded to date has always been - separate the faith from the state and 'give this right to women'.
Israel may, like others, use funds inappropriately, but they arent alone.

You need to see the core or root of the reason and hack it down like the big ugly weed that it is that spread its roots everywhere.

Pray.

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
✟439,718.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private

O, dont want to forget...so does America.
But our country itself is not to be blamed for the laws a single party has favored for eons.
The fundinf of PPF is so dangerous, it has literally caused them the appropriate means to spread their misinformation world wide.

They are the biggest perpetrator of spreading abortion as a health reason.
And the more money they got, the more capable they became.

America shouldnt be judged on the leaders who fed this fat ugly cow through the years, but PPF did start in the US and has spread out in all countries.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

WarriorAngel

Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
✟439,718.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Obama reverses abortion-funding policy - CNN.com

His 1st 100 days.

President Obama struck down a rule Friday that prohibits U.S. money from funding international family-planning clinics that promote abortion or provide counseling or referrals about abortion services.

art.obama.inspiration.gi.jpg

President Obama says he doesn't want family planning to be used as a "political wedge."

corner_wire_BL.gif

Obama said in a statement that family planning aid has been used as a "political wedge issue," adding that he had "no desire to continue this stale and fruitless debate."

The policy says any organization receiving U.S. family-planning funds from the U.S. Agency for International Development cannot offer abortions or abortion counseling.

"It is time we end the politicization of this issue," Obama said. "In the coming weeks, my administration will initiate a fresh conversation on family planning, working to find areas of common ground to best meet the needs of women and families at home and around the world."

Upvote 0

parousia70

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
O, dont want to forget...so does America.
But our country itself is not to be blamed for the laws a single party has favored for eons.

Don't kid yourself.
Republican political leadership has ZERO interest in making Abortion Illegal nationally. Otherwise they would have long ago.

8 years of W and he/they did zilch.

Keeping the fight "alive" is far preferable to actually wining the fight, for it is far to big of a cash cow for their campaign coffers.

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
✟439,718.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Don't kid yourself.
Republican political leadership has ZERO interest in making Abortion Illegal nationally. Otherwise they would have long ago.

8 years of W and he/they did zilch.

Keeping the fight "alive" is far preferable to actually wining the fight, for it is far to big of a cash cow for their campaign coffers.
What i'm trying to say is....
America shouldnt be in the business of abortion at all.
But we are - because we fund PPF who is an American based biz, who spread her errors around the world.

See, PPF is in the business for this.
Its their mission.

Israel's mission is to be a sovereign nation... and so the two arent interchangeable just because they fund abortion [as we do now]...

The true answer to this is chop the legs off the giant of PPF and they will be weaker to keep up their evil.

Upvote 0

parousia70

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
America shouldnt be in the business of abortion at all.

Agreed.
See, PPF is in the business for this.
Its their mission.
As Is the Israeli Abortion Machine. Perhaps even more so, since abortions there are DIRECTLY funded by government... they don't even have the slightest care about funneling it through a third party.

Israel's mission is to be a sovereign nation... and so the two arent interchangeable just because they fund abortion [as we do now]...

But we fund Israel who funds Abortions.
Why isn't EVERYONE here against this?

Why is it A-OK to fund ANY Abortions with US Tax Dollars?

The true answer to this is chop the legs off the giant of PPF and they will be weaker to keep up their evil.

But that's not the answer for Israel because....?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,089,808.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
What do you think about 'faith leaders' blessing an abortion clinic? Which was what this thread was actually about.

I already wrote about this. I believe the faith leaders were members of Sojourners, an ecumenical social justice organization headed by Rev. Jim Wallace. 95% of what they do is good, and desperately needed given the callous disregard of so many evangelical and conservative religious groups.

I prefer to focus on the good they do. They aren't terrible people--they are very good people who have one or two different values from you.

I am sure they started their organization because they were discouraged by how un-Christian many Christians are.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,236,610.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
I already wrote about this. I believe the faith leaders were members of Sojourners, an ecumenical social justice organization headed by Rev. Jim Wallace. 95% of what they do is good, and desperately needed given the callous disregard of so many evangelical and conservative religious groups.

I prefer to focus on the good they do. They aren't terrible people--they are very good people who have one or two different values from you.

I am sure they started their organization because they were discouraged by how un-Christian many Christians are.
They are a very un-Christian Christian organization if they go around 'blessing' abortion facilities, even if they manage to do something else decent once in a while. There is something very wrong if they think a facility for the killing of innocent human beings ought to be blessed. Exorcised sure, blessed never. They do have different values than I do. So did Pol Pot.

• Agree
Reactions: football5680
Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,089,808.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
You are defining them on your terms. For whatever reason, some Protestant denominations disagree, perhaps because they believe a non-viable fetus is a "potential" life. What I do know is that they are spending so much time doing all the good conservative Christians are neglecting that they don't have much time to go around blessing abortion clinics.

But Catholics bless questionable and even profoundly immoral things all the time. You need look no further than Cardinal Dolan's presence at Trump's inauguration to find a Catholic priest blessing an extremely questionable (and some--including me--would say profoundly immoral) enterprise.

Fr. George Zabelka, a WWII chaplain, blessed the bombs that destroyed Hiroshima and Nagasaki--and, years later, spent the rest of his life walking the world and promoting peace. A wounded healer who became a saint....

The conversion of the Catholic priest who blessed the atomic bomb crews

One thing I feel certain of is that in "blessing" the clinic they prayed for a more just society (which is about to become exponentially LESS just) that would take steps so that no women would ever feel abortion was their only choice. Fat chance that will happen in the next four years--but they probably pray for it daily. Do you? I do.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

MoonlessNight

Fides et Ratio
Sep 16, 2003
✟63,049.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
You are defining them on your terms. For whatever reason, some Protestant denominations disagree, perhaps because they believe a non-viable fetus is a "potential" life. What I do know is that they are spending so much time doing all the good conservative Christians are neglecting that they don't have much time to go around blessing abortion clinics.

Throughout history many groups have viewed certain classes of humans as not truly human.

We don't usually bring that up as a reason to praise them.

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,089,808.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Blessing an abortion clinic is not a reason to praise these progressive ministers. Noting that in every other way they fill a need unfilled by the religious right and social conservatives, doing the work of the Good Samaritan while the religious right walks past, IS.

If I were looking for mercy and compassion, single issue pro-birthers are the last people I'd go to.

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,236,610.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
You are defining them on your terms.
Darn tootin' I define them on my terms. They define me on their terms as some single issue fanatic that cares naught for anybody once they are born. I'll define them as a non-Christian 'christian' group. Real Christians have nothing to do with promoting abortion.
For whatever reason, some Protestant denominations disagree, perhaps because they believe a non-viable fetus is a "potential" life.
And they are way wrong in that, especially when they accept the snuffing of actual lives with potential.
What I do know is that they are spending so much time doing all the good conservative Christians are neglecting that they don't have much time to go around blessing abortion clinics.
Clearly not, for if that was true they wouldn't have been in the news going around blessing an abortion clinic.
But Catholics bless questionable and even profoundly immoral things all the time. You need look no further than Cardinal Dolan's presence at Trump's inauguration to find a Catholic priest blessing an extremely questionable (and some--including me--would say profoundly immoral) enterprise.
Had your candidate won, and had she asked cardinal Dolan to pray at her inauguration, would he have had the sense to turn her down? I doubt it.
One thing I feel certain of is that in "blessing" the clinic they prayed for a more just society (which is about to become exponentially LESS just) that would take steps so that no women would ever feel abortion was their only choice. Fat chance that will happen in the next four years
My crystal ball doesn't work so well. I'll have to live out these four years without knowing exactly what's going to happen.
--but they probably pray for it daily. Do you? I do.
Pray for what, the thriving of an abortion business? Certainly not. For an end to boyfriends pushing their pregnant partners into abortions so they can continue to live free of the entanglement of children? For an end to parents pushing their daughters into abortions? For an end to pimps pushing their stable property into abortions? For an end to Planned Parenthood telling women about a blob of tissue, no big deal? For an end to a society that teaches that we are disposable from the moment of our conception? I pray for that. Blessing an abortion clinic instead enables all of those wrongs.

Last edited:
Upvote 0