Visit site
✟8,524.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Indeed, 55 percent of Americans in this ABC News/Washington Post poll say they'd like to see the Democrats take control of Congress in 2006. And if the election were today, registered voters would favor the Democrat in their congressional district by 52-37 percent.

Interesting for all the people who aid that Bush can't run again, so his problems won't effect other Republicans. It seems Republicans in Congress aren't much liked either.

This is the highest support for Dems, since 1996, people are split evenly between Dems and Repubs regarding terrorism, and Dems are ahead on every single other main issue, and show huge gains from 2002.

Mmm, see what happens when you alienate the middle, pandering to your small far right contingent? This is without Democrats even having a plan on anything.

MethodMan

Legend
Site Supporter
Jun 24, 2004
NW Pennsylvania
✟61,785.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
This ABC News/Washington Post poll was conducted by telephone Oct. 30-Nov. 2, 2005, among a random national sample of 1,202 adults. The results have a three-point error margin. Sampling, data collection and tabulation by TNS Intersearch of Horsham, Pa.

This is why I am not concerned about polls.

Upvote 0

Thirst_For_Knowledge

I Am A New Title
Jan 20, 2005
Michigan
Visit site
✟8,524.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
MethodMan said:
This ABC News/Washington Post poll was conducted by telephone Oct. 30-Nov. 2, 2005, among a random national sample of 1,202 adults. The results have a three-point error margin. Sampling, data collection and tabulation by TNS Intersearch of Horsham, Pa.

Why is that? Statistics are scientifically sound. Even if you find them not to be, is doesn't really matter, because politicians do. I think we'll now see a pull away from the president and the far right, by Congress, so they can be reelected.

What, doy you think that it's a coicidence that the more conservative republicans becoming and move away from the middle, the less they are supported?

Upvote 0

MethodMan

Legend
Site Supporter
Jun 24, 2004
NW Pennsylvania
✟61,785.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
thirstforknowledge said:
Why is that? Statistics are scientifically sound. Even if you find them not to be, is doesn't really matter, because politicians do.

Because Congressmen and Senators are not Nationally Elected and the election is over a year away.

I think we'll now see a pull away from the president and the far right, by Congress, so they can be reelected.

And the ones that do, will be the ones losing.

What, doy you think that it's a coicidence that the more conservative republicans becoming and move away from the middle, the less they are supported?

I would like to see what makes you think this?

Upvote 0

Ampoliros

I'm my own wireless hotspot
May 15, 2004
Mars - IN MY MIND!
✟9,685.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
MethodMan said:

Which part of the above makes you not concerned about polls?

Bolding is your friend. :cool:

Upvote 0

charmtrap

Iä-R’lyeh! Cthulhu fhtagn
May 14, 2004
SF, CA
✟3,333.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
MethodMan said:

How can you not be concerned about polls? Polls are perception, and in politics, perception is reality. Doesn't matter if you think they're a true reflection or not. Nobody hears that. All they hear is the headline. When poll after poll says you're weak, you're weak...

The Republicans can't just pander to their base and keep broad support. There isn't enough support there, and when those of us who could support a sensible moderate Republican hear the constant drumbeat of the social conservative's agenda coming from Republicans without even the mitigating fiscal conservativism (which they abandoned long ago), they lose us...

Upvote 0

MethodMan

Legend
Site Supporter
Jun 24, 2004
NW Pennsylvania
✟61,785.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
charmtrap said:
How can you not be concerned about polls? Polls are perception, and in politics, perception is reality. Doesn't matter if you think they're a true reflection or not. Nobody hears that. All they hear is the headline. When poll after poll says you're weak, you're weak...

Again, this is a "national poll". The people walking on egg shells should be Republicans in the so-called "Blue States" and the Democrats running in Red States, Especially in the Senate.

The Republicans can't just pander to their base and keep broad support. There isn't enough support there, and when those of us who could support a sensible moderate Republican hear the constant drumbeat of the social conservative's agenda coming from Republicans without even the mitigating fiscal conservativism (which they abandoned long ago), they lose us...

Republican had better learn to use political power before they do lose it.

Upvote 0