Visit site
✟15,571.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
It's what ruins some people because they don't know which way to use it. I don't know what I would do with allot of money; but I'm sure there is a reason that I don't have much.

MATTHEW 19:23 Then said Jesus unto his disciples, Verily I say unto you, That a rich man shall hardly enter into the kingdom of heaven.

Even the rich can be forgiven and serve the Lord you just need to see your need for salvation and ask.

MATTHEW 19:24 And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

If you can still see your need for Him with a lot of money your rare. So where do you go to get the directions you need from God? Find a church that does there best to serve Christ, join and go to Sunday school.

If you're not saved today you can use this as a guide.

"Dear heavenly Father I am sorry your Son took the punishment that I deserve. I ask you Christ please forgive me of my sins.

Tell a pastor at a Christian Church that you have asked Christ for salvation.

Last edited:

Avid

A Pilgrim and a Sojourner...
Sep 21, 2013
✟13,263.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
It is the LOVE OF MONEY that is the root of all evil. It is not money per se...

The thief steals primarily because of the LOVE OF MONEY. This is true with the one who knocks over a liquor store, and the one who steals multiple millions in an accounting scheme.

The one who will not submit to Christ, because Christ said, "...leave all, and follow me," does not have a love of Christ the way he has a LOVE OF MONEY.

I Timothy 6
10 For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.
This love of money affects the billionaire, and the homeless guy who sleeps in a doorway. I read (40 years ago) of a pitiful old woman who died. She was determined to have sucumbed to malnutrition. In her house or apartment were found (by those investigating her death and handling her final affairs) a few safe deposit box keys. In those safe deposit boxes were found a total of more than $800,000. For comparison, in today's money that could be $10 million (more or less.)

That person loved money more than life itself. It is clear that people seek and love money as a sin when there is much that can be done with money, while NOT indulging in sin. We can work a job, and save for hard times or retirement, and not LOVE that money. However, the love of money typically takes over, and people find themselves craving more.

The Miser and the Spendthrift are equally fixated on money as an object of their affection. One is not better than the other. It is very difficult for either to let go that which their affections have latched upon, and which their lusts have craved.

Upvote 0

ddrgkd

Ask Christ For Salvation
Feb 19, 2009
United States
Visit site
✟15,571.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
It is the LOVE OF MONEY that is the root of all evil. It is not money per se...

The thief steals primarily because of the LOVE OF MONEY. This is true with the one who knocks over a liquor store, and the one who steals multiple millions in an accounting scheme.

The one who will not submit to Christ, because Christ said, "...leave all, and follow me," does not have a love of Christ the way he has a LOVE OF MONEY.
I Timothy 6
10 For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.
This love of money affects the billionaire, and the homeless guy who sleeps in a doorway. I read (40 years ago) of a pitiful old woman who died. She was determined to have sucumbed to malnutrition. In her house or apartment were found (by those investigating her death and handling her final affairs) a few safe deposit box keys. In those safe deposit boxes were found a total of more than $800,000. For comparison, in today's money that could be $10 million (more or less.)

That person loved money more than life itself. It is clear that people seek and love money as a sin when there is much that can be done with money, while NOT indulging in sin. We can work a job, and save for hard times or retirement, and not LOVE that money. However, the love of money typically takes over, and people find themselves craving more.

The Miser and the Spendthrift are equally fixated on money as an object of their affection. One is not better than the other. It is very difficult for either to let go that which their affections have latched upon, and which their lusts have craved.

It's good i got a reply from you, the reason i post on this site is for help.

Tell me what the love of money is? The lost need a fast explanation and sometimes they need it real simple.

Upvote 0

Avid

Sep 21, 2013
✟13,263.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married

Tell me what the love of money is? The lost need a fast explanation and sometimes they need it real simple.
Gave a number of descriptive examples. The Miser loves money, and loves to see it grow. The Spendthrift loves the aspect of money that gets him anything he wants. If we love money more than anything in life, we may have much or spend much, but still be DESTITUTE of what really matters in the end.

Avid said:
... I read (40 years ago) of a pitiful old woman who died. She was determined to have sucumbed to malnutrition. In her house or apartment were found (by those investigating her death and handling her final affairs) a few safe deposit box keys. In those safe deposit boxes were found a total of more than $800,000. For comparison, in today's money that could be $10 million (more or less.)

The Miser and the Spendthrift are equally fixated on money as an object of their affection. One is not better than the other. It is very difficult for either to let go that which their affections have latched upon, and which their lusts have craved...
When estimating the value of anything, we see that some things are useful in certain situations and others are not. One may have 200 pairs of shoes, "...so I'll be ready for ANY occasion," but may not even include a pair of work boots, or hiking boots. The person next to her walkingaway from a disaster area may have Only two pair of shoes, one for Church, and the other WALKING SHOES. Instead of having spent that small fortune on shoes that are now ruined, and not suitable for anything, the person has some supplies to carry along that were protected and accessible when disaster hit.

In the grand scheme of things, the world sees a value on MONEY (Dollar Bills, etc.,) as a store of wealth. In economic hard times, that may help, unless there is hyperinflation, and the paper money is not as valuable as so much toilet paper. In those times, it may be a better thing to have what people actually want and need. This means it may be better to have something to barter with, than a pile of worthless paper money.

In the Weimar Republic of Germany, inflation took root in 1914 with WWI. Not wanting to raise taxes, the German government printed banknotes. Inflation was at a very high rate. Many stories are told about how bad it got.

This hyperinflation ran about nine years until the currency was totally worthless. The 10 Mark note gave way to the 100 Mark note, then to the 1,000 Mark note, and so on... This escalated till the 1 Million Mark note gave way to the 10 Million Mark note. It got so bad that, at one point, just one pound of bread cost 3 billion German Marks.

It matters what you put your trust in. If you trust in riches of this world, and the currency they use as money, they can take it all from you in a short time. Even now, INFLATION is a tax on EVERYONE that uses the currency that is inflating. If you lay up riches in Heaven, these riches are out of the reach or RUST, MOTHS and THIEVES.

Matthew 6
19 ¶ Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal:
20 But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal:
21 For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

Luke 12
16 And he spake a parable unto them, saying, The ground of a certain rich man brought forth plentifully:
17 And he thought within himself, saying, What shall I do, because I have no room where to bestow my fruits?
18 And he said, This will I do: I will pull down my barns, and build greater; and there will I bestow all my fruits and my goods.
19 And I will say to my soul, Soul, thou hast much goods laid up for many years; take thine ease, eat, drink, and be merry.
20 But God said unto him, Thou fool, this night thy soul shall be required of thee: then whose shall those things be, which thou hast provided?
21 So is he that layeth up treasure for himself, and is not rich toward God.
This man was not WRONG to have a bumper crop. He was not WRONG to provide for the future. What was WRONG was how he thought to keep it all for himself, while other people around him were hungry and in need. This was more than he could use, and even more than he could store! God had blessed him so he could bless others, and give God the glory.

Seek the way to be rich in things that matter in eternity, and trust the LORD to sustain you in this life.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ddrgkd

Ask Christ For Salvation
Feb 19, 2009
United States
Visit site
✟15,571.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Originally Posted by ddrgkd

Gave a number of descriptive examples. The Miser loves money, and loves to see it grow. The Spendthrift loves the aspect of money that gets him anything he wants. If we love money more than anything in life, we may have much or spend much, but still be DESTITUTE of what really matters in the end.

Tell me were i am telling the wrong thing to do in my writing.

I don't need in depth examples. I would like some two sentence examples instead of half page examples.

I
appreciate your knowledge on this, but if i put this on a forum they would stop reading. That is not my goal.

Upvote 0

Avid

Sep 21, 2013
✟13,263.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
... I appreciate your knowledge on this, but if i put this on a forum they would stop reading. That is not my goal.
It may be very easy to catch a monkey! Bury a jar that has small opening, and drop the monkey's favorite treat in there. Come back later, and pick up the monkey. He will not let go of the treat, and his fist will not go through the opening.

You need to see this in your heart, understand it, and decide for yourself how to tell someone else. For me to write posts for you is not what a discussion is about.

Once you understand, it is upon you to tell people in the way that you think will get this across to them.

Use things from your own life, if you have gained such perspective. Use things YOU have loved so much, you did not care enough about whether you survived afterward, as long as you got what you wanted. Then, apply that to ANYTHING that is between your heart and God.

Now, realized that the LOVE OF MONEY is like that. It is grasped by the affections, and they do not wish to let go. We think we like something, but then our love of money reminds us of what our heart is attached to...

T H E
Greatness of the Soul
AND
Unspeakableness of the Loss Thereof;
WITH
The Causes of the Losing It.

By J O H N B U N Y A N.
L O N D O N, 1682

http://achristianspirit.com/Greatness.html
This book teaches some deep spiritual truth about how the human heart (soul) is setup, and things you never guessed about the inner workings of your own soul.

Seek the LORD to teach you before you worry too much about teaching others. It may take a while to get settled in our own hearts before we try to direct others.​

Upvote 0

ddrgkd

Ask Christ For Salvation
Feb 19, 2009
United States
Visit site
✟15,571.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Back about 100 years ago, the person considered to be the WORST miser, shopped around to different hospitals when her son was hurt. Took so long, he lost his arm because of it.

Read it in the Guinness Book of World records.

What is it saying besides she took to long and how is that going to lead someone to Christ.

If you want to kid around i guess i will let you.

Upvote 0

ddrgkd

Ask Christ For Salvation
Feb 19, 2009
United States
Visit site
✟15,571.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
It may be very easy to catch a monkey! Bury a jar that has small opening, and drop the monkey's favorite treat in there. Come back later, and pick up the monkey. He will not let go of the treat, and his fist will not go through the opening.

You need to see this in your heart, understand it, and decide for yourself how to tell someone else. For me to write posts for you is not what a discussion is about.

Once you understand, it is upon you to tell people in the way that you think will get this across to them.

Use things from your own life, if you have gained such perspective. Use things YOU have loved so much, you did not care enough about whether you survived afterward, as long as you got what you wanted. Then, apply that to ANYTHING that is between your heart and God.

Now, realized that the LOVE OF MONEY is like that. It is grasped by the affections, and they do not wish to let go. We think we like something, but then our love of money reminds us of what our heart is attached to...

T H E
Greatness of the Soul
AND
Unspeakableness of the Loss Thereof;
WITH
The Causes of the Losing It.

By J O H N B U N Y A N.
L O N D O N, 1682

Greatness of the Soul - aChristianSpirit
This book teaches some deep spiritual truth about how the human heart (soul) is setup, and things you never guessed about the inner workings of your own soul.

Seek the LORD to teach you before you worry too much about teaching others. It may take a while to get settled in our own hearts before we try to direct others.​

How long have you been posting on different sites to lead people to salvation.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Avid

Sep 21, 2013
✟13,263.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
How long have you been posting on different sites to lead people to salvation.
Since 2004. Began seriously studying these things about 30 years ago. Bought books that are useful, and now put them where others can read them on the internet.

Upvote 0

ddrgkd

Ask Christ For Salvation
Feb 19, 2009
United States
Visit site
✟15,571.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Since 2004. Began seriously studying these things about 30 years ago. Bought books that are useful, and now put them where others can read them on the internet.

So how long have you been posting ways to salvation. We seem to be talking about two different things.

I would like to hear your testimony.

Upvote 0

Avid

Sep 21, 2013
✟13,263.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
What is it saying besides she took to long and how is that going to lead someone to Christ.

If you want to kid around i guess i will let you.
Do you seriously think a flip comment is going to win someone to Christ? They need to know who He is, and why they no longer wish to be in their present condition...

This is not something the right sales pitch will accomplish.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mikedsjr

Master Newbie
Aug 7, 2014
Fort Worth,Tx
✟17,192.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
ddr,
Howdy. I'm sorry that I don't follow your directions. You began with a post proclaiming the sinfulness of money I presume and how to lead people to Christ because of this. Avid replies. Then you say your are looking for answer to your post which had no questions. Then Avid replies again. And then you question whether he has led anyone to Christ in forums because his post are long.

I may not be understanding you position, so forgive me. I'm just no seeing the connection.

I agree the Scriptures say the love of money is the root of all kinds of evil. I'm just not following the correlation between money, people's needs unmet and salvation. Is there a Scriptural demonstration of this?

Reactions: Avid
Upvote 0

ddrgkd

Ask Christ For Salvation
Feb 19, 2009
United States
Visit site
✟15,571.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

That you have wrote yourself.

Can i see your testimony

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ddrgkd

Ask Christ For Salvation
Feb 19, 2009
United States
Visit site
✟15,571.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
ddr,
Howdy. I'm sorry that I don't follow your directions. You began with a post proclaiming the sinfulness of money I presume and how to lead people to Christ because of this. Avid replies. Then you say your are looking for answer to your post which had no questions. Then Avid replies again. And then you question whether he has led anyone to Christ in forums because his post are long.

I may not be understanding you position, so forgive me. I'm just no seeing the connection.

I agree the Scriptures say the love of money is the root of all kinds of evil. I'm just not following the correlation between money, people's needs unmet and salvation. Is there a Scriptural demonstration of this?

What I'm asking for is there a better way to write this. Essentially someone to go over what i have wrote and give suggestions.

Now if you will give me your testimony i would like to see it.

If people are saved they should be glad to tell there testimony.

Upvote 0

ddrgkd

Ask Christ For Salvation
Feb 19, 2009
United States
Visit site
✟15,571.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I was brought to repentance, faith and baptism at age 9

That's my testimony. That's what I go with.

If the goal is witnessing, isn't the simple law and gospel enough?

Thank you for your testimony,

What I'm asking for are suggestions of a different way of writing a sentence, or a new sentence that is easier to understand and read.

Most people take offense when i tell them i want something that will take seconds to read but If it takes longer most will stop reading.

Upvote 0