Jan 28, 2002
✟2,929,250.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Hi Leah, I must say that I have never experienced such a thing before in my 28 years of being a Christian. In fact, I can't recall reading about anything like that in the news, secular or Christian.

If I would ever see this kind of behavior personally, I would do everything in my power to stop it and bring the "Christians" (if that's what they actually turn out to be) who were acting in such a manner under the discipline of the church .. or of the secular authorities if a crime was committed.

I, once again, am very sorry for the terrible life it sounds like you've been subjected to at the hands of those who call themselves, "Christians". Quite frankly, they sound like a "cult" to me because the kind of behavior you describe in the OP is often used by people like that who want to regularly exert control over their "flock".

--David

Upvote 0

High Fidelity

Site Supporter
Feb 9, 2014
✟905,075.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
I'm sorry, but yet again your dismal misunderstanding of Christianity has shone through.

Yes, there are undoubtedly some bad apples in our orchard, but I find it very hard to believe that you've had such consistently bad experiences to the extent you're justified in (wrongly) labelling the majority as you have.

Mistreating is wrong. Plain and simple.

Upvote 0

WoundedDeep

Oct 21, 2014
✟8,943.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Christians are Christians by substance, not by name. You have started a thread earlier on about your situation. I have replied already that Christians who do not love are not Christians. We warn of God's judgment, persuading men to repent and believe in Jesus Christ, but we don't ridicule/mock/belittle etc.

Upvote 0

2B4gotN

Dec 14, 2014
Hovering around here and there.
✟15,266.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I have a feeling that you're saying that Christians mistreat the unbelievers, when in fact the Christian is merely pointing out the errors or the sin of the nonbelievers? Sometimes we tend to feel attacked when it's not us personally that is being attacked, but the things we've done or our false beliefs that is being pointed out.

I mean, you yourself has labeled in a condescending tone Christians as "your kind". Perhaps more Christians would treat you better if you treated them with more respect in the first place?

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
What do any of you do when/if you see a fellow Christian mistreat/belittle/attack/humiliate/insult/make fun of/ridicule a non-Christian? Having been raised by your kind my experience is that you do NOTHING at best and at worst support and join your brother Christian doing the mistreating/belittling/attacking/humiliating/insulting/making fun of/ridiculing/etc. Perhaps my experiences were atypical. I am, perhaps, willing to accept that.

I can't honestly say that I've seen this very much. Maybe occasionally, but I'd agree that this is atypical.

In my experience here on CF and "in real life" it's more common for non-believers to attempt to humiliate, belittle, and insult Christians (and, often times, other theists).

By the way, the rules of this forum isnclude the following:

All Original Posts (OPs) -- the posts that start a new thread -- must contain an identifiable question about the Christian faith.

I'm having a hard time ferreting out a question about "the Christian faith" in your OP. Can you clarify what information you're after about Christian doctrine, practice, faith, etc.??

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.